Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Dynasty
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that it's proper to post introduction threads here in the Anything section. Here goes nothing!!!! And I hope you read the whole introduction because I am willing to attempt entertaining you while telling you a bit about myself.

In 1988, a man and woman gave birth to a stunning ginger baby. I am mysterious and shit so just call me by my wrestling name, Tray Blaylock. You may remember me from Botchamania... ugh.

^Christmas of 1991... Yep.

I grew up in Martinsburg, West Virginia where from the age of 12 to 17, I backyard wrestled. My name when I was backyard wrestling was Blade X, Idk why. It sounded intense and scary so I felt like it suited a 130 pound ginger kid. I stayed away from drugs, bad crowds and a bunch of stuff that would land a normal 16 year old kid in Juvi, through meeting up with my friends on the weekends and beating the fuck out of each other. I condone BYW to any kid. I made some of the best friends of my life through BYW. 10+ year friendships. Good stuff.

At the age of 17, my friends and I made our decision! It's time! To become professional wrestlers. We were yarding with some guys up in Brunswick, Maryland. They had bought a ring from High Spots for 5 grand. We all trained on bumps and all kinds of fun pro wrestling stuff... Trust me, we didn't know a damn thing about anything and I am lucky I didn't get hurt lol.

Well, that was 2005. I did a few things in High School that finally got me in trouble. I dated a girl, things went sour, she put a hit out on me from all of her douche bag friends and I ended up beating one of them half to death in an alley on the way to school one morning. Everything changed. I was forced into a 5 month military school that got me my GED and I had to leave my friends that wanted to professionally wrestle.

Well, June of 2005 I left, December of 2005 I graduated and wanted to get right back to Backyard wrestling asap! One problem, in the span of 5 months... everyone quit. The guys in Brunswick, MD got into a big fight, sold their High Spots ring and all of the BYW guys I knew said they wouldn't wrestle on the ground anymore. It was either wrestle in a ring or nothing. I can't blame them, wrestling in a ring was pretty sweet at that point.

Well, two of the BYW guys, Ivan and Josh looked into a wrestling school that was close enough for us to go to. We enrolled into the CPW wrestling school. We went on a payment plan, getting whatever money we could out of the three of us and give it to the guys and we'd train for two or three hours before shows. My trainers was primarily Bill Bain. You probably don't know who he is but he had a match with Vladimer Kozlov on ECW last year. Anyway!

After around 6 months of training in 2006, I felt like I was ready to have my first match and go from there. My first match was a train wreck, a disaster. I got shot on pretty much. My trainers gave me around 30 of their best chops before my match so being the 150 pound kid I was at the time, I could barely bump and get back up because of the bruising of my chest. Here is a picture of my chest from the following morning.

From there, I left the wrestling school and went to any company that would give me a chance. I was absolutely terrible but a natural heel and I believe I have pretty good charisma so companies kept me around.

I found really no success in 2006 or 2007. Just small things that I considered success's. Getting a spot in a battle royal, doing a squash match, it didn't matter. I was getting in the ring and living the dream not only for myself but for my backyard compadres. In late 2007, I did something nobody thought I'd do. There is a company around where I am from that has screwed a lot of people and made people quit the business for reasons beyond me. The promoter John Rambo was hated by a lot of people so if you worked for his company, the NWL/HoPWF, then you were automatically banned from pretty much every other company around. NWL/HoPWF runs two shows a week in their own little building in Hagerstown, MD. And they sell out their road shows, they go all over PA and WV. Well, bottom line, I was tired of being jobbed out at every company I went to and the NWL/HoPWF offered me and my tag partner at the time a spot on their roster. So I sold my soul to the local devil and showed up on their Tuesday show with my tag partner as the surprise team to face their HoPWF tag champions. We lost but here is a picture from that match.

Let me explain something. There is a building where I live where many greats of wrestling have come through and worked in. The Martinsburg Apolo Civic Theatre is famous for wrestling. Tony Atlas, Nikolaii Volkoff, Andre The Giant, many men have come through and main evented at this building. So really, not just anyone has main evented at the Apolo. The NWL/HoPWF has been around for 20 years and so you have to be at the top of your game and get great responses from the crowd to main event shows at the Apolo. Well!! Now that I have explained what the Apolo means to me, I main evented the Apolo in a sort of strange fashion.

NWA Legend John Rambo, NWL/HoPWF 10+ year vet Blackhawk and some other guy(yeah lol, I don't remember his name. He was a hardcore wrestler) were set to main event the Apolo in a barbed wire match. Well, it was supposed to be a fatal four way, someone couldn't make it. There was an extra spot. Truth be told, no one wanted to fill the spot because they were scared of doing a barbed wire match and the pressure that comes along with it. John Rambo ran down the matches and then asked everyone in the locker room the golden question of the night... "Who wants in the barbed wire match ?" Literally... no one raised their hand. My tag partner and I actually weren't booked for a match on the show at all but were there in support of the show. Plus, I wanted to be backstage at the Apolo because I love that building. Spent many years paying for a ticket to watch the shows there. Well, my hand was risen. Rambo looked right at me and said "Really?". I told him it'd be my absolute pleasure. It was signed! We went over the match, my music hit and there I was. Barbed Wire match with a guy I had been watching since 2002 and idolized... Here are some pictures from that match which I will always say is my favorite match I had.

Choking Rambo on the barbed wire and rope

Sliding my boot across Rambo's face

Fore arms to the back of Blackhawk

Needless to say, after that show, I gained a lot of respect. I sadly don't have any footage and just three pictures but I remember it clear as day in my mind. Great night!

So my partner and I started a feud with John Rambo and it ended early because I had enough of the NWL/HoPWF because of the politics and what not. So I left and announced that I was up for bookings for whoever wanted me. A lot of companies wouldn't book me since I worked for the NWL/HoPWF but one company did. The NWA East UCW.

A little success here and there and eventually, I finally got my first taste of championship gold! Ha, it's not that big of a deal but in my mind, if a company puts a belt on me, you are obviously good enough to represent that division. So! In 2009, my partner and I won the SWA Tag Team Titles.

At the same time my partner and I won the SWA tag title, another company gave us the ball as well.

So I was a double champion holding the Summit Wrestling Association tag team title and the Victory Championship Wrestling tag team title. I lost the VCW tag title due to politics. The promoters wanted booked at another company so they had me lost the belt to another promoters son. Great. And I lost the SWA tag title to the owner of VCW. Hmm... Anyway, the promoter of VCW no showed an SWA show so I wrestled the other half of the tag champion of SWA and I beat him! So, I became a 2 time SWA tag champion, this time, with no partner. I was the SWA Tag Champion lol.

Well, in July of 2010, I lost my smile pretty much. I was tired of working with backyarders and almost getting hurt at every show. I wasn't having any good matches because there is only so much I can do with somebody who is having their first match. I called it quits. I showed up to my last show the SWA Tag Champion and I told the promoter I had enough, I wanted to drop the belt and say my goodbyes. I dropped the belt, got on the mic and said "It's going to be a long time before you see Tray Blaylock again." Which is very true, I haven't tried to get back, I haven't talked to any of the promoters or workers. Maybe in 2012 I'll have another match before the world ends.

I am happy with everything I've done professional wrestling wise. I had some great times! Got a lot of female attention, being a top heel in most companies I worked for. I helped train a lot of young guys that are doing some cool stuff now. I worked with just about every one of my favorite guys I used to watch locally.

Oh! And a minor tidbit... I was in Botchamania. I botched a lionsault THREE times... In my 10th match I believe. Obviously, I was very green and made a huge mistake and about 60,000 people saw me botch it. I threatened the guy that makes those videos and everything but now! I have grown to say fuck it. I am in the same prestigious group of botchers as Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair! But really, I don't care anymore. I don't believe the footage is even out there anymore since Youtube keeps taking it down for having WWE footage in it.

My name is Tray Blaylock! I hope you feel like you sorta, kinda know me now. lol, I'll be around.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
i read this like i'd read any picture book.

which means i didn't look at the text, and just checked out the pictures.
welcome ginger.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
I didn't know where to post this so I'm just gonna ask here.. Anybody know where I can download an album from Fozzy? I heard a couple songs and I wanna

give them a listen. Or.. where do I request the album?
Why are you posting this on someone else's thread.
To answer your question I would reccomend the following:

1.) Download realplayer
2.) Download the songs individually from you tube (they should all be on there.)
3.) Make a playlist in real player to reflect the album track listing
4.) Pop a CD in and burn baby burn disco inferno!!!!!!!!!!!

·
The Main Event
208 Posts
Why are you posting this on someone else's thread.
To answer your question I would reccomend the following:

1.) Download realplayer
2.) Download the songs individually from you tube (they should all be on there.)
3.) Make a playlist in real player to reflect the album track listing
4.) Pop a CD in and burn baby burn disco inferno!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I didn't mean to. I am sorry.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Pretty cool story - at least you've had some taste of the life. You seem to resent the Botchamania thing, I'd wear it as a badge of honour lol - some great guys made those videos my friend - plus they were insanely popular. I think he has a site now or something, plus they get re-upped by a lot of his fanboys so it most definitely still exists somewhere - do you happen to know what number it was?

Anyway, yeah no such thing as bad publicity, right? lol.

Enjoy your time here, and ignore the grumps - this place is no different to a lockeroom, the old schoolers trying to weed out the weak newcomers.

·
The Dynasty
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks very much for the welcome! And referencing this forum to a locker room is good. I don't want to assume some people are trolls trying to get a rise out of me. I'll be around until I completely stop being a wrestling fan. And stop watching movies. And stop listening to music... I'll be around for a while I suppose. See ya!

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
I actually did read it. I hate when people say it's too long etc, not even 5 minutes for fuck sakes and it was enjoyable. I am surprised though you still look very skinny in 2009/2010, despite having being in the army and wrestling all the time. Maybe you should hit the gym hardcore for 2 years and then make a return.

·
The Dynasty
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actually did read it. I hate when people say it's too long etc, not even 5 minutes for fuck sakes and it was enjoyable. I am surprised though you still look very skinny in 2009/2010, despite having being in the army and wrestling all the time. Maybe you should hit the gym hardcore for 2 years and then make a return.
Actually, that is the goal. I've been going to the gym for the last three months so far, consistently that is. On and off over the years doesn't help at all but I am new to weight lifting and I go to the gym with my martial arts team now. It's easier for me if I have the motivation. I am 182 pounds, 6'5 and if I can make it to my goal of 220 pounds in the next two years, my plan is to retrain at a high profile school. I'll have to do my research but ROH's training school has put out some great talent.

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
I read it all cause I know who this is before here been on a few forums with him. Tray man welcome I hope I don't get in trouble for this post as I now just seen this :( but welcome Tray man should have came told me you was here god damn.

But I didn't know alot of this stuff alot of the pre-wrestling stuff that is. But man good to see you on another forum :D

·
The Dynasty
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I read it all cause I know who this is before here been on a few forums with him. Tray man welcome I hope I don't get in trouble for this post as I now just seen this :( but welcome Tray man should have came told me you was here god damn.

But I didn't know alot of this stuff alot of the pre-wrestling stuff that is. But man good to see you on another forum :D
Blaze! I should have known you'd be around here. Good to see you're still alive, ha ha.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts