Wrestling Forum banner

titles dont feel important

863 3
Is it just me, or should every wrestler be focused on the belts? I loved that Cody Rhodes said on smackdown that Rey wasn't going to stand in his way to becoming champion. I think the idea of getting the belt should be more important in wrestling today. The champ should constantly be getting challenged by more guys who simply want the belt and less about personal stuff. Even a Guy as good as Bryan hasn't had any real challenges since he won the us championship.

I just think the titles would mean more if midcarders were obsessed with winning the ic /us title and the main eventers with the wwe/whc.

Thoughts?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
450 Posts
I agree 100%. I really liked it when Rhodes mentioned eventually winning the Heavyweight Championship. The belt should be much more important. Sure, fueds can be entertaining without involving the belt, but shouldn't working towards a championship match be what all wrestlers should always be fighting for? Maybe you'll call me old school, but that's how I feel.

IMO, a Sheamus/Bryan U.S. title fued would have a great classic "all about the belt" feel to it.

· Registered
1,496 Posts
I definitly agree with OP. They should even have people fighting each other just to prove that the deserve to be in a qualifying match for a number 1 contender match.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.