Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody remember Wrestlemania 4, with the ppv basically a WWF title tournament? Wouldnt it be cool if the Raw or SD winner of the Royal Rumble challenge either for the World Title or WWE title and the other brand have a title tournament for their respective brand. It could be cool since for example;Raw has a number of top stars like Orton, Barret, Miz, Morrison, Jericho upon returning, HHH the same, Shameus etc...fight at Wrestlemania in a Tourney, with no clear main event until the end of the night. I think it would be interesting. Thoughts?

·
Registered
854 Posts
There is no point for having a tournament and more than half of the matches would mean nothing and would have no background to them. The only reason they had one at WrestleMania 4 was because there was no WWF Champion at the time.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
It would work if they used ongoing feuds as tournament matches and had a reason for the tournament - e.g the unifying of both titles.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'd rather them do something like at Vegenance 2001 with 4 people, if anything and put a wildcard in there to create a great WM moment. Who the hell expected Jericho to win at the time?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'd rather them do something like at Vegenance 2001 with 4 people, if anything and put a wildcard in there to create a great WM moment. Who the hell expected Jericho to win at the time?

ya it was pretty surprising.........but in regards to the post, I wouldn't really like the idea of a tourny at Wrestlemania....it might be able to work if they did it right but I dunno kinda iffy......

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I had actually made a dream Wrestlemania 27 card when there were all those rumors going around about WWE wanting to unify the World Titles. I thought it would be an awesome way to bring a lot of meaning back to the title...especially if there was only going to be one. Not only that, but it would make for some very entertaining story lines and matches.

I would have the tournament's qualifying matches and first round matches on Raws and SD's during the Road to Wrestlemania. Then I would have the Quarter finals at Elimination Chamber (which I would re-dub No Way Out again), and then have the semi-finals and finals at Wrestlemania 27.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts