Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many times has there been a title change, where the decision was reversed and the new champion was kicked out off the record books?

I can remember:

WWE Championship
• Ray Stevens 1967, wins by count out vs Bruno in a 2 out of 3 falls match
• Antonio Inoki 1979, hands the title back to Backlund after their rematch ending in a no contest
• Ted DiBiase 1988, defends the title a few times but then gets stripped of it because a title can't change hands by being bought
• Owen Hart 1994 beats Bret but it gets reversed because of interference, does anyone know the exact date?
• Chris Benoit twice in 2000 never saw it, any info on that one?
• RVD 2002 beats Taker but his foot was on the ropes
• Miz 2011 beats Cena but used the belt to knock Cena out

WHC
• Bryan 2011, cashes in but Henry was not cleared to compete

Tag Team
• Rougeau 1987, used a megaphone to win
• The Rockers 1990 (?), broken ropes, match was never aired

Which did I forget?

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
At first I thought you meant "in wrestling" total...whew. AWA did that junk all the time, especially when Nick Bockwinkel was champion.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Benoit won from The Rock at the Fully Loaded 2000 ppv and that decision was reversed and match restarted. Don't know of the second.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Why was it reversed?
There was a stipulation that the title would change hands on a DQ (because apparently the Rock was just that pissed off with Benoit at the time). The referee disqualified Rock but Mick Foley restarted the match and Rock went on to win.

·
<3's Drizzy
7,947 Posts
Benoit won from The Rock at the Fully Loaded 2000 ppv and that decision was reversed and match restarted. Don't know of the second.
Unforgiven of the same year I believe. Think he pinned Taker but his foot was on the rope.

The Jericho win over HHH being reversed still breaks my heart.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts