Then Hogan
Then Taker
Then Rock
Then Brock
Then Big Show
and ended with Angle as the Champion..

Now..

What I think why they had the belt

Jericho(he entered it as Champ and was a draw)
HHH(he got it on the silver platter...the returning face)
Hogan(why did HHH lose it to Hogan just after a month? Some say cause it was in Hulk's contract to win the belt??)
Taker(Hogan wasn't able to actively wrestle so lost it to Taker)
Rock(WWE asked Rock to return because they wanted to put Brock over)
Brock(we all know- the rising star)
Big Show(they needed a new champ)
Angle(They needed someone to feud with Brock over Mania)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
R my reasons correct?

I realy dnt know why HHH, Hogan, Rock and Taker got only 1 month reign.

My reasons correct or that was just coincidence?

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
According to Kurt Angle, he was meant to be the first-ever Undisputed Champion; but a few days before the pay-per-view Vince McMahon told him they were going with Jericho instead because Jericho would benefit from it more.

As you said, Triple H winning the title at WrestleMania was a given. Whether it was Jericho, Angle or even Stone Cold Steve Austin (if he had stayed heel), all three would've dropped the title to Triple H.

I'm not sure why Hogan became champion, but it's Hogan, so God only knows the politicking that took place there. Then again, it could've simply been a case of WWE wanting to capitalise on Hogan's face turn before the novelty wore off.

Taker was on a roll with his heel turn and Hogan was starting to cause problems (I think, hence why he left the WWE a few months later), so that's probably why he got the title.

Rock was a transitional champion.

Lesnar again, as you said, was being built up as the new star of the company so quick that they decided to have him become the new champion.

Show won the title because WWE has always preferred for the face to chase the heel champion. I think they knew Brock was becoming popular, so they decided to pull the trigger and turn him face, as well as give Show the title.

Angle was a transitional champion.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Hogan was promised the belt in exchange for laying down to Rocky at Wrestlemania.

Or so I hear.....

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
my guess as to why Hogan got it is because of the reaction he got at mania 18 causing the resurgence of Hulkamania and wwe wanted to take advantage of it with that seemingly pointless title run

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
According to Kurt Angle, he was meant to be the first-ever Undisputed Champion; but a few days before the pay-per-view Vince McMahon told him they were going with Jericho instead because Jericho would benefit from it more.

As you said, Triple H winning the title at WrestleMania was a given. Whether it was Jericho, Angle or even Stone Cold Steve Austin (if he had stayed heel), all three would've dropped the title to Triple H.

I'm not sure why Hogan became champion, but it's Hogan, so God only knows the politicking that took place there. Then again, it could've simply been a case of WWE wanting to capitalise on Hogan's face turn before the novelty wore off.

Taker was on a roll with his heel turn and Hogan was starting to cause problems (I think, hence why he left the WWE a few months later), so that's probably why he got the title.

Lesnar again, as you said, was being built up as the new star of the company so quick that they decided to have him become the new champion.

Show won the title because WWE has always preferred for the face to chase the heel champion. I think they knew Brock was becoming popular, so they decided to pull the trigger and turn him face, as well as give Show the title.

I 100% agree with this

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
The problem with 2002 was that they literally had too many top stars. They had every big star of the last 20 years on the roster at that time who were still active barring Sting.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts

/thread

uh and bret hart bros.
wait, what?

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
Hogan got the win for nostalgia's sake and so WWE could make more money off him, but I was okay with it because I heard Triple H was originally going to drop the title to The Undertaker at Backlash anyway.

Show got the title because he was a clumsy oaf and broke Brock's rib. If he didn't get injured, I think heel Lesnar would've retained the title until Wrestlemania where he would drop it to a face Angle.

- Vic

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Triple H ended up getting the World Heavyweight Championship given to him by Bischoff anyway around the time Brock Lesnar was WWE Champion. So if he didn't drop the Undisputed Championship to Hogan then he would have dropped it to someone else either way.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Im pretty sure Hulk Hogan got the belt for a few reasons:
1.He was mad over
2. It completed his "comeback"
3. No other fresh faces to feud with hHH
4.They wanted to have HHH turn heel and join the nwo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts