Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 221 Posts

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
Did Dick just have Kory murder dozens of people? Did they at least check to make sure there were no other prisoners at the asylum before they blew it up?

Oh well.. Nightwing is coming :mark
Yeah that was my line of thinking for sure they would of had other prisoners because what were they doing before the Titans showed up then doing the Electric Slide to kill time? Rachel saved them all as what we got a few more Episodes of the Season awwhhh..

You are no longer Robin...you shall be called Darth Nightwing!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Every week I say "best episode yet". The only weird thing is Dick's growth as a character. Like he clearly realizes that he's become a monster...so now what? That ending made it seem like he was doubling-down on being a merciless motherfucker. :lol

·
I swear to god I had something for this...
3,714 Posts
Every week I say "best episode yet". The only weird thing is Dick's growth as a character. Like he clearly realizes that he's become a monster...so now what? That ending made it seem like he was doubling-down on being a merciless motherfucker. :lol
More like burying the monster in that building to me. Considering the state that they were in, they couldn't get anyone else out even if there was anyone innocent left in there.

Weighing the decision that that group inside wanted to create an apocalyptic situation by bringing forth Trigon, I'd say it's a fair decision. The superhero shows where the hero "omg I can't compromise my ideals & kill" are totally unrealistic and leave people alive that put the entire world at risk.

I have to wonder, how exactly does killing one person who is trying to kill millions of people compromise your moral fiber? If anything, not ending the threat there should be what does it.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Same here, this is actually the first episode I didn't enjoy overall even though there were things I loved(Beast Boy stuff was awesome and can't wait to see what they do with him after what happened). It's funny how you mention Dick doubling-down on his ruthlessmess I mean, he literally made Starfire murder all those guards and potential asylum prisoners by blowing the place up. Whether that was a huge fuck up by the writers or intentional I don't know, but I don't like what I saw. Dick should work to tame the darkness not embrace it. I mean it's jarring when you think of how they just showed Jason Todd prior and everything he's become, and the way they painted it by Dick overlooking all the downed Cops was "Do I want to eventually become this?". But now he's just embracing the darkness? Weird.

As of right now I'm just going to accept it as a fuck up because I can't in anyway rationalize why Dick would be ok with blowing up that Asylum full of people while at the same time trying to make himself "better" as a hero and hating Batman's ways so much.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I have to wonder, how exactly does killing one person who is trying to kill millions of people compromise your moral fiber? If anything, not ending the threat there should be what does it.
I totally agree, the problem is the writer's have been shining a spotlight on this idea that Dick had become a "monster". His whole reason for breaking away from Batman is his believe that Bruce turned him into a killer. You have to pay that off eventually. If he had been written as a "by any means necessary" type of vigilante with no reservations about his methods, then it would be different.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
Another good Episode this week and it all leads to the final stretch towards the Season. Dick is trying to find himself as a person and I loved that Scene when Donna is talking to him, and telling don't be Batman or Robin..basically be you. Dick is trying to find stability in his life that Donna has, and it's no shock when he shows up to take out those Animal Poachers later in the Episode. Raven you did the mistake of a lifetime, restoring Starfire's memories it's not like she's gonna kill Raven don't worry, but but the possibilities of inter-team conflict are back on the table. I can imagine several ways that will play into the return of Rachel’s father, so hold onto your butts from here.

60,001 Posts
Just got caught up by binging the Doom Patrol through Donna Troy. The show is effortless for me to watch and time flies by quickly rather than limp along.

I was Thunderstruck by Doom Patrol and cannot wait for Timothy Dalton as Niles Caulder. I was hoping Dick had banged the horny hotel manager so his new hero name could be Cock Robin. ;) Jason Todd was better than I dreamed and I can totally seeing him getting killed by not obeying Bruce's directives.

Donna Troy was one of my favorite episodes. I geek out any time I hear mention of the Big Three. Hearing Joker was just an added bonus. Gar and Rachel as well as Dick and Kory have great chemistry together, although the latter may be tested as Kory goes all Terminator on the group. I do think Donna would drop her with one punch.

Eagerly awaiting OG Hawk and Dove and the last few episodes. I am already hyped for Doom Patrol and am more than ready for it as I loved the vibe from that episode. Wish there were a Cyborg and Kid Flash but it is what it is. I hope more fans get to see this as it really is quite good. :mark

60,001 Posts
I liked the episode primarily because I have always been a fan of Hawk and Dove. You could tell from the previews that it would be a respite from the main storyline and it was. Pretty dark backstory for Hank and Don.

Pretty emotional episode and it explained why Hank and Dawn are bonded like they are.

I can sum up the last two episodes as follows: We went from Donna Troy to Deanna Troi. :lol

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
Well fuck me with a Pogo stick another smashing Episode for Titans this week. It's crazy how Dawn and Hank came to be together from the tragedy of losing their love ones on the same day with the same accident. I really liked how they dived into Hank being molested and even in College at the time still effecting him as a person. I've never been so into a guy busting the fuck outta someone then that moment when Hank saw his Coach for the first time in years. I so wanted to help young Hank when his Coach closes the Door, and he was once a boy no longer when he did that. Raven was able to get into the head somehow of Dawn and Hank don't know how, when she is still learning her powers to do that, but it seems help is on the way with Dove and Hawk coming back!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Cool seeing Hawk and Dove back and their origin story was really well done. Not sure how Dawn knew about Jason Todd, but whatever, shit's about to go down.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,193 Posts
Fantastic episode, my only question is why would Raven tell Dove to find Jason Todd? Dick knows where Raven and co are and it would only take Dove one phone call to find him, no? And if it's something they need Jason specifically for, what on Earth could it be? Some special, anti-Tamaranean Bat tech?

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
This is so GODDAMN GOOD! :faint:

Reactions: BORT
101 - 120 of 221 Posts