Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Better Than You
14,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tina said:
Hi, My name is Tina, in the next 30 seconds, l'm gonna teach you how to get your college degree without stepping foot in a classroom
That ad at the top of the page pisses me off, everytime l'm listening to music, all l hear is..

Tina said:
Hi, My name is Tina, in the next 30 seconds, l'm gonna teach you how to get your college degree without stepping foot in a classroom
I hate that ad.

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
Idiot, don't put your mouse over it then. :rolleyes:

I actually like it. I always get two bunched together, so I mouse over them both real fast and hear her echo. It's fun.

But yeah...if you don't wanna hear it, don't mouse over it. That's how she starts talking. Atleast for me anyway...

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
I always have me speakers on, I won't hear my music otherwise .

N

·
0 Posts
Only idiots can't avoid ads (doesn't matter what browser you use, either).

That is all I will say.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
If I thought people would care I wouldn't have left before now, would I Lee?

W-E is all about profit, it has no consideration for it's members and the administrators will not take heed of any word against it's advertising policy. The ads could give out 8 trojans every time a page's loaded and Amish wouldn't care as long as he gets paid. That's all I'm trying to say. Or rather what you're saying. I don't have a problem with this, I'm used to it. I have firefox so I'm mostly safe from W-E.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
If W-E isn't all about profit, not giving a single fuck about it's members. Then put up a poll to see who wants to remove the ad. The majority of members, who are mostly without Professional security and delving through their internet settings, would no doubt benefit their W-E experience with it being removed.

Will you do this? No. Even if you did, Amish wouldn't do a damn thing. Nothing at all. We'll continue to see ads like this. Any annoying method of advertising which deters members is fine as long as it brings in cash. Look how well W-E's biggest rival did from stopping pop ups for a few weeks, they run a lot less ads and pop ups too. They're now easily out doing W-E by a lot more active regular members and a lot more members total. I enjoy posting here, but it sure does suck how inconsiderate the administration is.

By all means; Prove me wrong.

N

·
0 Posts
First of all, you're an idiot (not an insult, just my thoughts on your post), which is why you have been removed from staff, and I am sure you don't care, since we're "inconsiderate."

W-E was made because of ads. The ads ARE part of W-E. They have been around since the beginning, and no one was ever lead to believe it would be an ad-free site. You willingly registered when there were ads, just as every other member her has. And NOW that you're registered, you are complaining about something that has been here since the beginning? Who's inconsiderate?

If members don't like the ads (as in, can't deal or get around them), then why the hell did they register to begin with?

Oooh, so now that Amish wants to make money it's the entire administratoin to blame? If I recall, I run the forums. Amish owns them. Amish is in control of the ads, and they aren't going to change. Amish is not administration, though. Only myself, Kaneanite, and Rajah are admins. And the hacks here...they weren't installed for me or Cody or Chris. They were installed for the users. The style, you know, Chromo? Picked by the users, not administration. I picked the geltech one, but left Chromo around for USERS to pick. I never forced one style on people, but I think the next style will be done that way to end confusion.

W-E's "biggest rival," or rather NoDQ, removed ads. Sure. (But for how long? And people we probably more pissed when they returned.) But you do not know how Aaron Rift is dealing with this, and how much he complains. Then again I don't expect you to. Hell, you might know. Who knows? All I'm saying is he is likely going to put more and more ads on the forums. Besides, they do make some members pay for some of their features or forums. And don't mention the ads -- we both know you probably wouldn't spend money to remove the ads because you already can...

Anyway, WEForums is ran with the users in mind. We even try to be LAX on the rules (some of us, rather...). I'm not ban-crazy (whether you believe it or not...) like some admins on various other forums are.

Anyway, you can't blame administration on ads, and I wouldn't go so far as to blame Amish. You ALL voluntarily come to this site knowing ads are waiting for you. So it's not some big "surprise" that you just opened up....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts