Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get the distinct impression that Taya is on her way out of the company?
The past several months of her reign have been very weak and she's been getting jobbed out in nearly all of her non-title matches.
She's also had a bit of a makeover with those terrible veneers & also lost a significant amount of weight... auditioning for elsewhere perhaps?
With Johnny Impact signing for WWE it makes me think she'll be on her way there too after losing to Jordynne Grace at Hard to Kill (the latter feels almost inevitable at this point).
Hopefully someone can convince me that I'm wrong and reading too much into things because she'll be missed at Impact.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Unfortunately OP i think you maybe right and she on her way out. Shame as I've enjoy her run in Impact so do hope she remains but I'm not optimistic given Impact track record of keeping hold of talent.

·
Registered
482 Posts
With John Morrison going back to WWE it's a possibility (absolutely daft move from JM, but that's an entirely different matter), however Taya has always struck me as being her & doing what she wants & I don't think she is a big fan of what WWE is about. Jordynne is with Jonathan Gresham for e.g., there are several others like this who are in different promotion's, I think people put too much emphasis on things like that.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Yes, she’s possibly on the way out to join Morrison. And I think there’s a very good chance she ends up in NXT.

Which would a big loss for Impact, because she’s a recognizable name for them, and helped them be considered a major wrestling company again. I know this to be a fact since in a recent Forbes article, Impact was listed as a major competitor for WWE, alongside AEW and New Japan, whereas ROH - the company that put on a show in MSG nearly a year a ago - wasn’t mentioned at all.

And will be another big miss for AEW since that company, while very good at finding undiscovered talent, when it comes to the bigger names or respected names on the indy circuit that they need to look like a legitimate alternative wrestling league, they don’t sign the certain people they need to sign. From Impact Wrestling alone, they’ve already missed the boat on John Morrison, Daga, Jordynne Grace (who spent months working for Impact without a contract), Tenille Dashwood and Scarlett Bordeaux. I genuinely believe their inability to sign them, Scarlett in particular because she had a segment on Youtube with Scott Steiner on Impact that beat anything involving Being the Elite in views, will come back to haunt them. So it won’t surprise me to hear in the future that they haven’t been able to lock Taya down to a contract to AEW either and that she's working for WWE instead.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
WWE outbids AEW whenever there is a bidding war. AEW is offering contracts based on a 56-day schedule with the ability to work outside. WWE offers contracts on a 200 day schedule. I wouldn't write off AEW for Taya, as it would allow her to work AAA still.

If I was AEW I'd put her in The Inner Circle, I think she'd play really well in that group and could get a lot of screen time without wrestling.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a quick update on this... Taya is advertised for the Mexico tapings mid-January. She's also filmed a promo for it holding the knockouts title. So we can assume that she will be retaining at Hard to Kill!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She's advertised for all shows in the next several months and according to her John E. Bravo they've planned their matching outfits for Rebellion (April|). So I'd say that Konnan is probably correct on that.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I think Taya nearly always losing to then usually still simply win the championship match is just lazy 50:50 auto-mode booking while they had no idea what to do next. With Tessa moving their effort about the Knockouts division decreased.

Anyway PWInsider reported "Valkyrie's Impact deal was automatically renewed in December for another year, so she is locked in until December 2020." IMPACT WRESTLING NEWS AND NOTES | PWInsider.com
Taya after this however went on a tirade on twitter about wrong rumours. PWInsider is often right though and wrestlers repudiating even true news is common nowadays.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts