Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it Stands the babyface anti hero has run its course. Their are literally beyond Blazer no credible opponents for her. A heel Lynch would open up new storyline’s. They could reframe her persona with a more arrogant feel.

it’s also no secret fans are growing tired of the “man”. Becky is still very much over. But the gimmick is becoming stale.

·
FOTC
10,333 Posts
Becky's run should end the night after Wrestlemania 36. After she beats Shayna she'll be even more cocky. Just have her cut a promo about how she's the greatest of all time. She issues an open challenge to anyone in the back. Ronda comes back and taps her out to become the new RAW Women's Champion.

·
Custom User Title
6,306 Posts
Becky's run should end the night after Wrestlemania 36. After she beats Shayna she'll be even more cocky. Just have her cut a promo about how she's the greatest of all time. She issues an open challenge to anyone in the back. Ronda comes back and taps her out to become the new RAW Women's Champion.
Ronda has outright said she isn't coming back any time soon. If WWE had any idea she was going to return around Mania time, they would have put her in that role instead of Shayna.

So its Shayna taking the title or an NXT callup. And if its an NXT callup, there are only three women which could fit the bill. Bianca Belair, Io Shirai, or Rhea Ripley.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Heel Shayna should win the title at mania after which Becky gets kayfabe Injured and takes a couple months off to enjoy life outside WWE with Seth.

A few months later she should come back as a heel to help Rollins win the WWE title, regain the women’s title as a heel and become an Edge /Lita power couple with Seth.

Bonus points if they both win the titles the same night and then have a live sex celebration the following RAW

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
She should win at Mania, turn heel the night after with a super arrogant promo, then build up a LIKEABLE BADASS babyface to take the belt off her. Shayna ain’t it. Rhea Ripley is the best shout. Asuka could work but they won’t do it. Io Shirai maybe?

What’s more likely is Shayna wins & she gets a run as top heel, they really like her. Becky probably goes to SD after WM and stays face.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,483 Posts
The fact is she needs to be capable of drawing the heat necessary instead of becoming too popular just like in 2018, She failed in that regard as a Heel so I'm actually against this idea.

She has added a small layer of arrogance since beating Asuka at the RR to no surprise she had feelings of doubt heading into the RR of not being able to topple Asuka if anything she's no different since she regularly switches and tweaks her emotions here and there depending on the occasion and motives.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Becky can't be a heel. They tried that already, Becky failed miserably at that task. She had one job, and one job only. She failed. They won't try it again, Vince won't forget,.

·
Southern Pride
2,804 Posts
The only time that Becky was a heel (that I remember) was when it made zero sense because the fans were completely behind Becky on Smackdown. WWE wanted Charlotte as a babyface and Becky the heel during their feud but that was completely opposite of what the crowds were wanting.

That isn't on Becky, that's on WWE trying to force something that was the completely wrong path to take with Becky.

Becky can be a heel when the crowd fully turns on her, but I haven't seen that yet. Her momentum isn't as big as it was a year ago and I can maybe see why someone would think that shes stale but what she is doing now still works.

Plus there not being a valid replacement as top babyface on RAW is a good point. No one wants to see Natalya as the top babyface. Unless they move someone like Candice (and Johnny Gargano) to RAW after Mania to groom them to be a big babyface, it's not happening.

(By the way, this is IF Shayna doesn't beat Becky. If Shayna stays on RAW, theres no room for Becky to turn heel too.)

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
You don’t just turn one of your hottest acts just because. What’s the plan? Who takes her place as the top babyface of the division? She may be getting stale for some but there is no backlash against her so how do you know turning her heel won’t just result in 2018 all over again?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
You don’t just turn one of your hottest acts just because. What’s the plan? Who takes her place as the top babyface of the division? She may be getting stale for some but there is no backlash against her so how do you know turning her heel won’t just result in 2018 all over again?
She's not getting stale to the masses though. Sure she has her haters, but she has done better to keep the crowd than most in her spot.

Becky compared to others has mostly kept her following in spite of holding the championship for 309 days.

A mistake they made on Raw was cutting to commercial while Becky is already out, instead of announcing that Becky/Asuka is up next and then going to commercial. This way you don't kill crowd momentum.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I do agree in the logic yet I don't think now is time but certainly after Mania it could work, like what they did with Punk during his long title reign, changing him from face to heel to open up new feuds and possibilities. Plus I think the gimmick would benefit from the heel turn also but certainly would have to be after Mania.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Ronda has outright said she isn't coming back any time soon.
The thing is, Ronda doesn't entirely have control on when and when not to come back. If WWE were to call her around this time of year and say we need you for such and such date for such and such show (which I think will happen), then you can guarantee she will be back when needed.

·
\m/
22,711 Posts
Nope. After she beats Shayna at WM, change the whole RAW roster and bring in new heels for Becky to bury, give me that 2-year top face FOTC booking reign. No one is close to that level of overness.
Definitely, post Mania they should do the shakeup and switch several of the women on SD to RAW and vice versa.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts