Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 222 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
When Cornette first started podcasting he used to give awesome insight but then he started to personally attack people over the years. For awhile, only Russo was his target. Now he saying people look like a child rapist, etc. His wife must be holding out or something(yeah he deserved that personal jab)

·
Registered
275 Posts
And no. It's Corny's toxicity and inability to adapt and adjust to the current changes that is hurting the wrestling business. No, it wasn't just some petty joke. He equated African-Americans with fried chicken in a joke which indicates he's COMPLETELY out of touch with reality. This joke confirms his mind is LITERALLY stuck in the '80's. He's the old grandpa yelling at the kids to stop playing with water in the summer, like some poster pointed out. All he does is bitch and complain.

There is a big difference between legitimately providing constructive criticism because you want to provide helpful feedback to empower the other party to succeed and downright hating due to PERSONAL GRUDGES with the intent of tearing the other party down. Corny, despite his fucking age (which should indicate that he would be WISE) is the latter and more retarded than kids from junior high-school name-calling each other. Kids that I remember were at least WITTY .... this idiot is not witty or funny. He just comes off like a complete self-absorbed bigot.
He didn't equate African Americans with anything, did he? I think you're out of touch with reality here, imagining comments, comparisons and/or inferences that simply weren't made.

The Ethiopian famine is a dated reference and if that's all his commentary consisted of then perhaps it could be said that Cornette's mindset is stuck in the 80s. Of course, you'd have to accept that it was an Ethiopian famine reference in the first place and, separately, his mind can't possibly be 'LITERALLY stuck in the '80's' - again, that would suggest that you're out of touch with reality (or at least the English language).

In terms of his bitching and complaining, yes, he does that at times (not all of the time, as anyone who paid any attention to him would know). That's part of his shtick. Look at his body of work - getting 'fired up' is what he does. He's generally entertaining when he does it and the bitching and complaining is generally accompanied by exposition as to why he's 'fired up' - which is often informative.

There is one guy Cornette seems to genuinely hate and that's Vince Russo. He rarely spends time on him these days and seemingly hasn't done so for a while now. Any criticism he has for wrestlers generally does have a constructive element and/or a clear rationale to it. I'm fairly sure he doesn't 'hate' most of the people he criticises.

In any event, you do know that you are allowed to criticise and/or dislike others, their conduct and their choices, right? I mean, Jim Cornette can criticise and/or dislike others in the same way that you can criticise and/or dislike Jim Cornette. It's not justbecause he's commenting on individuals within an industry he has been involved with for almost 40 years and he's followed his whole life, there's more to it than that; I'm sure there's a term for it - maybe even a convention or constitution that refers to it...

221 - 222 of 222 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.