Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seriously WWE...pull your fucking act together and keep some consistency. First Nexus, now this guy? Talk about ruining characters and further alienating your main demographic.

From

To (fast forward to 10:47 for the real brilliance. Punk getting more popular than Cena and exposing the majority of the fans opinion of Cenation...quick fix it up):

(Love the sudden lack of hatred for this guy too. Isn't HHH the next generation of the same crap Vince dealt out? Nah, that Punk character was too truthful/different/edgy. Was kinda upstaging a lot of people. Fix it.)

Problem and genuine question:

Is every story line in this company centered around putting Cena/Orton/now HHH over? How many more times will they cram the same bile down our throats?? So many good opportunities...so many clusterfucks. When will it end? I know there are lots of 'hate' threads but are you guys as fans really that patient? Or is this product actually ok for you? If so, why? Would love to know.

P.S. This thread isn't complaining about Punk's push...it's clear he's being pushed. It's about the essence of characters and not cutting them short simply to help along the same top line 'superstars'.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Re: Time to bend over CM Punk.

Seriously WWE...pull your fucking act together and keep some consistency. First Nexus, now this guy? Talk about ruining characters.

From

To (fast forward to 10:47 for the real brilliance):

Problem and genuine question:

Is every story line in this company centered around putting Cena/Orton/now HHH over? How many more times will they cram the same bile down our throats?? So many good opportunities...so many clusterfucks. When will it end? I know there are lots of 'hate' threads but are you guys as fans really that patient? Or is this product actually ok for you? If so, why? Would love to know.
You do know Punk said in that promo he likes Cena and is only problem with him is WWE selling him as the Best in the World.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
didn't Punk pick up the win on Monday? lololol

isn't he in the title match at HIAC? lololol

yall need to chill.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

You do know Punk said in that promo he likes Cena and is only problem with him is WWE selling him as the Best in the World.
And him being a major kiss ass. Not only that but that the WWE sucked. Should put up another video or two.

You telling me this is the same 'anti-WWE' guy from weeks back? Come on mate...get real.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts

And him being a major kiss ass. Not only that but that the image of the WWE sucked. Should put up another video too.

You telling me this is the same 'anti-WWE' guy from weeks back? Come on mate...get real.
Punk: I don't hate you John, I don't even dislike you, I do like you I like you a hell of a lot more than most people in the back.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
This threads not ignorant at all, he's just making a very good point about how the WWE have ruined CM Punks character.

One moment CM Punk was really cool and the hottest wrestler in years, the next moment he is just another face. Good job WWE.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Punk needed to move out from the tweener role...it only works for so long. Burying the hatchet (sort of) with Trips and teaming with Cena helps solidify him as a true babyface. He can keep speaking his mind, but sooner or later being matched up with other top faces was going to break him and ruin his momentum. That's why Miz/Truth/Ace/Nash are all moving in as the heels for the Trips angle and ADR moved into the heel role with Cena...because otherwise too many casuals were going to turn on Punk in favor of the guys with double-digit title wins.

It takes the edge off his "Voice of the Voiceless" character somewhat...but he can still be a controversial, trash-talking, pipe-bomb dropping "cult of personality" figure without always running up against the casuals man-crushes.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Punk needed to move out from the tweener role...it only works for so long. Burying the hatchet (sort of) with Trips and teaming with Cena helps solidify him as a true babyface. He can keep speaking his mind, but sooner or later being matched up with other top faces was going to break him and ruin his momentum. That's why Miz/Truth/Ace/Nash are all moving in as the heels for the Trips angle and ADR moved into the heel role with Cena...because otherwise too many casuals were going to turn on Punk in favor of the guys with double-digit title wins.

It takes the edge off his "Voice of the Voiceless" character somewhat...but he can still be a controversial, trash-talking, pipe-bomb dropping "cult of personality" figure without always running up against the casuals man-crushes.
Personally I think it's piss weak and wouldn't stand a decade ago. If they'd made Austin so soppy so quickly he would never have been the same. Utter crap if you ask me. It's more a case of CM Punk starting to get bigger than John Cena. But as long as Cena looks good.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Like Fabregas said above, punk is now just another guy.
Triple H beat him and instead of putting them in a hell in a cell they end the angle and just put punk in the title scene.
Not that I am complaining since I like punk, but his heat from MITB is long gone.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Personally I think it's piss weak and wouldn't stand a decade ago. If they'd made Austin so soppy so quickly he would never have been the same. Utter crap if you ask me. It's more a case of CM Punk starting to get bigger than John Cena. But as long as Cena looks good.
It was a case of casual fans still booing Punk because he was involved in angles against Cena and Triple H and still treating him as a heel. They've been putting Punk over huge lately, and it's clear that their intention is to make him a focal point.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The angle is still on, but Kevin Nash and Triple H just screw it, talk about buzzkilers, why didnt you let Vince McMahon do the job, he was putting Punk over by getting owned every week.

Bottom line, Punk will headline WM as the WWE Champion, mark my words.

·
Banned
323 Posts
It was a case of casual fans still booing Punk because he was involved in angles against Cena and Triple H and still treating him as a heel. They've been putting Punk over huge lately, and it's clear that their intention is to make him a focal point.
because the fans don't know if he's a heel or a face... first he was insulting triple h (face) then he laid him out, so the fans would obviously boo him but by the end of the night they new he was a face so they all cheered him!

and punk like's cena

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The angle is still on, but Kevin Nash and Triple H just screw it, talk about buzzkilers, why didnt you let Vince McMahon do the job, he was putting Punk over by getting owned every week.

Bottom line, Punk will headline WM as the WWE Champion, mark my words.
It's not about Punk getting a push, it's about the essence of his character. This doesn't mean a lot to the WWE or a lot of people here though...I realize that.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Pairing him up with Cena might be brighter than you think. See Mankind and Rock. Contrasting personalities that work well together.

Anyways face Punk is very problamatic. His steam died because really you can only shoot a couple of times before you aired it all. After that you're just narsisstic and whining. That just works better as a heel than a face.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Pairing him up with Cena might be brighter than you think. See Mankind and Rock. Contrasting personalities that work well together.

Anyways face Punk is very problamatic. His steam died because really you can only shoot a couple of times before you aired it all. After that you're just narsisstic and whining. That just works better as a heel than a face.
I don't think it was ever an intention(from the first shoot promo) to make him a face. I think a lot of this was done on the fly, especially after the reaction at Money in the Bank.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.