Wrestling Forum banner

Time period in wrestling you mostly miss?

2582 Views 38 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  D17
Got to be 2000-01 for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXMVX0VfWeQ

This is the wrestling I miss so dearly. Brings back so many memories as kid. You just don't get that kind of atmosphere anymore.

It's definitely a special time in the business I'm glad I got to watch growing up.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,308 Posts
Late 2000 to early 2002. It was my favourite period of wrestling,we had a great Main Event scene, a good tag divison and a great Mid card division which make a great show when put together. But then the brand extension started and wrecked it all..

· Premium Member
498 Posts
About 1997 to 2005/2006. I just enjoyed the product quite a bit. Seeing Randy Orton's debut on Smackdown was something that honestly stood out to me right in the middle there. Can't say I remember too many other debuts....

· Registered
291 Posts
2004, I think it was brilliant. Wrestlemania 20 was one of my favourite PPV's ever. It had a lot of focus on the Cruiserweight title which I liked. It also had a great thing with Rey and Van Dam being a tag team. And, towards the end it had the whole Booker T, Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero teaming up against Luther Reigns, Mark Jindrak and Orlando Jordan for a few weeks, and they were some good tag team matches.

Reactions: HeyNightmare

· Registered
924 Posts
2004, I think it was brilliant. Wrestlemania 20 was one of my favourite PPV's ever. It had a lot of focus on the Cruiserweight title which I liked. It also had a great thing with Rey and Van Dam being a tag team. And, towards the end it had the whole Booker T, Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero teaming up against Luther Reigns, Mark Jindrak and Orlando Jordan for a few weeks, and they were some good tag team matches.

My thoughts exactly

· Registered
806 Posts
The First Golden Age during Hulkamania in the mid-to-late 80's. The action was just so much better. I know there wasn't the great diversity of moves that you have today but dammit, those guys knew how to sell a punch or a tackle or a kick to face to make it look awesome and not just like some transition move.

· Distant Relative of Former Def Jam President
18,484 Posts
1994 - 2000

· Registered
709 Posts
the late 80s (years of Wrestlemania 1-6) and the attitude era for me

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.