Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why don't they set time limits to matches anymore ? i miss when the match would reach the end and there would a tie. it happened i believe it was tyler black v.s danielson on ring of honor and i was simply amazed. not saying it would happen alot but just think if it was 30 min time limit stated b4 everymatch and for a while no one exceeded the limit and all of a sudden an epic battle that ends b4 theres a pinfall. its like wow those guys are so good they cant even beat eachother. but why dont they do it anymore ?

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Because there are only a few wrestlers left that can actually put on a good/great/amazing 30minute match with no outcome. Thesedays everybody wants an outcome, whether it come by pinfall of disqualification. People want a winner, a loser and thus progression or an end to a feud/storyline.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
Time limits should be used more when you have two competitors that can maintain audience interest for 30 minutes as it makes them look like equals. TNA did a decent job of it with the Angle/Hardy matches [Even if the constant finishers made it quite overdone].

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Time limits are the most annoying thing in the world for me. Obviously they're fine in things like Iron-Man matches etc. But just normal matches with a time limit is so frustrating. Especially if the matches are great.

·
ѪѺѪ
1,234 Posts
Don't see the point of it anymore in WWE since their matches only last a minute or two if that besides the Main Event lasting 5-10 mins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts