Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After tonights 3 hour raw, which was pretty amazing do you guys think the WWE could do what WCW did and do a 3 hour raw and a 2 hour smackdown. minus Rey Mysterio Taker, Kane and Edge I pretty much saw every superstar that means something tonite and if you take out all the "legend" segments that gives ample time for another couple matches or promos. Also since injuries and time off are a natural part of the buisness (Punk,Bourne, taker, christain) there will always be 2-5 guys on the shelf, and many of the older stars are starting to either retire or work segements of the year. I would even be cool with the same format or 2 hour programs and cutting 5 random guys off the roster. Not to mention you could throw a couple more guys into Nexus or give them a vetran who just cuts them promos or something Thoughts?

·
Banned
864 Posts
I had that idea in my head that we would have one big weekly WWE show, with 5 hour Pay-Per-Views. Though now that I think about it it does seem kind of long :p. Imagine that, 5 hours of monotonous Cena wrestling

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would love to see it all be together again. I lost interest in the WWE years ago because I just couldn't get into the watered down rosters. There just seems to be more life into the shows since they have been sharing rosters more. Keeps the good story lines going. The story lines were better when they had the added time from Raw and Smackdown to develop. When they split the roster they cut their your story time in half and gave the wrestlers less time to develop their stories before big matches. I say make it one roster again. Trim the fat and get to work.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly, I got out of wrestling too half a year into the 1st the brand split. At that time there was way too much talent and necessary. But now on each roster your starting to get to the point where all the feuds start to become circular

·
Registered
884 Posts
And how are you supposed to push new stars??? Thats the good thing about the brand split, you got guys like Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes who get a chance to shine and show what they got. If you throw everyone on one show, your left with 10 guys who all main event, and theres time for midcard matches where guys can get the recognition they deserve

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
And how are you supposed to push new stars??? Thats the good thing about the brand split, you got guys like Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes who get a chance to shine and show what they got. If you throw everyone on one show, your left with 10 guys who all main event, and theres time for midcard matches where guys can get the recognition they deserve
Undercard... and actually building the championships a little -.-'' Not everyone deserves a mid-card championship,dammit they should amp it up a little,some years ago the IC was the main focus of guys like The Rock and Triple H. And now the moment some guy starts getting pushed he gets the strap? That's nonsense to say the least

·
Registered
884 Posts
Undercard... and actually building the championships a little -.-'' Not everyone deserves a mid-card championship,dammit they should amp it up a little,some years ago the IC was the main focus of guys like The Rock and Triple H. And now the moment some guy starts getting pushed he gets the strap? That's nonsense to say the least
Yeah but how are you going to see fueds leading up to the title... Its going to be like watching 2 guys wrestle for the first time, then next week, they wrestle for the belt, all because they have been doing house shows against each other for the past 6 months, and we never got to see it because of the main event stacking

·
Registered
498 Posts
Having ten solid guys in the main event is in no way a bad things. Wrestling did that for years. Just look at the legends that never even got the WWF or WCW title back then. Being in the main event or being important isn't always about having the title, it should focused on the writers being able to write in feuds that have some relevance to a persons character or something that spins off of another feud. If there were real tag division many more spots would be available.

Seeing a wrestler such as CM Punk having a long successful reign as Intercontinental champion wouldn't mean he is no longer a main attraction. It would simply give more depth and feuds with in the organization. I think ending the brand splits has its benefits and its risks but overall would be all for seeing it ended. The lack of solid feuds would hopefully come to an end then and the organization would feel solid again and have that feeling it had several years back.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Would really like to see it. Also, if Raw would get 3 hours every week.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
There are a lot of valid points here so far, but I think YES, the roster split should end. Well, not necessarily the roster split per se, but rather the barrier of having ONLY Raw superstars on Raw and ONLY Smackdown superstasrs on Smackdown. It should be more like the NFL, where you have the AFC and the NFC conferences but they still play eachother. The freedom of having any superstar on any show would open up so many possibilities, as we saw last night.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
No cause many Guys wouldn't even get the Chance to shine, if there is 1 Title then there will be about 10 Guys Fighting over the Belt, which means some Main Eventers will fall in the Uppercard like Punk and Swagger, both talented Guys but they don't have the drawing Power of a Rey Mysterio or John Cena, that means that Guys like Daniel Bryan, Ziggler etc. wouldn't even be featured and if they would have some small Matches on RAW, see i find it good that the PPV's are put together SD! and RAW but there still should be 2 Shows.

Reactions: Hotdiggity11

·
Registered
12,870 Posts
There are a lot of valid points here so far, but I think YES, the roster split should end. Well, not necessarily the roster split per se, but rather the barrier of having ONLY Raw superstars on Raw and ONLY Smackdown superstasrs on Smackdown. It should be more like the NFL, where you have the AFC and the NFC conferences but they still play eachother. The freedom of having any superstar on any show would open up so many possibilities, as we saw last night.

The idea of RAW guys only staying on RAW and SD only staying on SD ended years ago. You now have people like Edge and CM Punk switching shows as needed and people go on the other show all the time when they wish [Cena, Nexus, Orton, Kane, etc etc have all done it within the last month].

As for the roster split, it's real simply. IT WON'T WORK. The WWE is the sole wrestling power in North America now and their huge roster is part of maintaining their huge empire. Having only one roster will lead to a shit ton of problems and even shorter reigns than before. The main event and mid-card will be clogged up and matches will be shorter in order to get more people on the show. WWE will make far less money because they will only have one big roster going to places rather than two separate rosters. It would be a total disaster waiting to happen.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I'd enjoy seeing Raw go three hours but only because it gives some of the less guys time to shine. When we get retarded guest GM/Bell twins segments it annoys me that they're stealing time from guys trying to improve, work their way up, get over etc. but with three hours atleast they've got more of a shot.

·
Registered
813 Posts
For now, I like the roster split. I kind of see it as National League and American League in baseball. The teams play intraleague matches all season, except for the World Series, the All-Star Game, and 6 series of Interleague play, all of which are considered novel, special, or at least just interesting.

So last night, when Otunga was in the ring and Kofi's music hit, my reaction was, "Huh? Cool." (And then the match was terrible, but that's not the point.) I wouldn't have had that reaction if there was no roster split. Nothing's novel or special. It's all just one big blob .

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Personally, I think they should just change Smackdown to WCW. Get a completely different booking crew and change the style of the presentation slightly, so it seems compleatly different from "WWE"'s show, and only have them cross-over at Wrestlemania.

So in that way, I guess I'm in favor of the "brand split", only I want them to go all the way with it, as opposed to what they're doing now. Make it extreamly rare for a superstar to cross over to the other show. Like, maybe one time a year.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When I posted this I didnt want to make it too long. But another one of my ideas was to end the "brand" exclusive thing. Like ya some guys are primarily on Smackdown, but that doesnt mean there on the "brand" So if the WWE wanted a new feud on RAW they could just bring a guy over without having to make up some excuse of a "trade" And also Stone Cold and Triple H's both started to shine when they held the IC belt. Austin was prob the most bad ass when he had the IC belt showing he could work his was up, titles need to be relevent again where they build stars instead of serve as a stable for guys.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
They should have wrestlers on both shows but still have the wrestlers represent their respective show. There are times when being branded a Smackdown or RAW wrestler is useful.

Pretty much just like they've been doing.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Why the hell would Vinnie Mc call Smackdown, WCW :s

Anyways, I like it the way it is, no need to change it, and if they did then it's time to say goodbye to face time for some great midcarders.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts