1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
---------------------
A Little Back Ground
---------------------
This guy is one person who is always remembered as a pioneer of the X Division, part of the 3 guys who had the best match in TNA history(Unbreakable) and a dominant ruthless wrestler who had an undefeated streak for quite a while.

He is also the man who has Main Evented Bound for Glory, is a former Heavyweight champion and been the reason which caused most amounts of goose bumps I have ever had! (When Kurt Angle debuted and went face to face with him).

---------------------------
What made me think of him.
---------------------------

1. When TNA turned 10 last week, it was Austin Aries vs Samoa Joe which stole the show. It was a wrestling clinic, and absolute joy to watch. Samoa Joe sold the brain buster and the crucifix like a professional.
2. This Impact, he was part of the final 2 who were left in that Gauntlet.

---------------------------------------
What I feel TNA think of him
---------------------------------------

He has been in some sort of a feud for a while however much of it is a blur. The only things which I remember of him was when he was hanging people upside down and the feud with Crimson. Between then and now, I think TNA have only recently gotten interested in him again.

1. TNA Tag Champ with Magnus
2. Match with Austin Aries (This match had such a Wrestlemania feel!)
3. Last Night as being brought in as one of the contenders for the Title.

-----------------------------------------
Where TNA's direction could be for him
-----------------------------------------

1. Samoa Joe vs Magnus at Bound for Glory (Which I think would be a waste as Magnus is not built up to that extent yet)
2. TNA Television Championship Match
3. Against the X Division Champion at that Time
4. A rematch with Daniels and AJ to get more fans involved.

---------------------------------------------------
- Which of these directions do you feel TNA would be taking?
- Do you approve of any of them or you feel TNA should take another direction for him?

I personally feel he is one heck of a talent and should be built up again, as a very big face, but this time, a face that turns heel. I want a Samoa Joe vs Storm feud after Bound For Glory! One to remember.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, but I wish he would lose some weight, to put it bluntly, he is too fat and needs to get back to how he was a few years ago.
His size has never been a real issue, it's what makes him different and I like that about him.
I want people to start thinking of him as a big threat again.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I must admit, I thought he'd lost some weight since teaming with Magnus.

He also seemed to gain some impetus - he's had several good matches recently, and his match with Aries at Slammi was superb. He's still got it, he just needs motivation. That said, I don't see him as heavyweight champ and I don't see him as X Division champ again, either, even if they got rid of the weight limit. I suppose TV champ is a possibility but to be honest I think he just needs a good feud to regain his former status. Aries would have been good, but I suspect the fight with Aries was pretty much a one-off. I suppose if TNA wanted to push him, having him dominate the BFG series would be a good start. It worked for Roode.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I'm still not sure why TNA made him such a jobber last year. It was pretty ridiculous, it's obvious Samoa Joe can still have great matches and is still an amazing talent. I have a feeling they might build him back up again in the BFG series, maybe give him a good, strong showing but ultimately losing the series.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree to the comments, Joe is a talent and needs a memorable feud to create a sense of dominance swinging to his side yet again.

A bloody, bloody, ruthless feud with someone who would elevate Joe. Someone who is seeming light years better than Joe at this moment in time.
You know what? TNA need to get a new talent for that. Buy Batista for 2 months to have him let Joe go over at a block buster feud.

·
Registered
8,381 Posts
He seems to get his fire back recently, teaming with Magnus was the best thing for him and now that he stole the show with Aries at Slammiversary maybe he'll actually get into the final four this year ;)

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have a feeling that it'll be Storm and Joe head to head in the series, he's got great momentum at the moment and he's been given a chance to get over with the fans and establish himself more as of late.

·
Registered
16 Posts
damn i did not get the last ppv. i missed out on joe damn. i always get confused about matches leading up to the ppv. sometimes ive not even relised the ppv was the next sunday. maybe for another topic entirely.

i guess they dont explain the ppv properly on impact or im stupid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts