Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, Tiger really is washed.

American professional golfer Tiger Woods has been charged with driving under the influence in Florida early Monday.

He was arrested near his home in Jupiter, Florida around 3 a.m., he Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said on its website.

While records of the arrest do not specify whether the driving under the influence charges are for alcohol or drugs, a sport expert say nothing can excuse this misdemeanor.

"I don't think anything can excuse him from this behaviour," TSN Golf Talk Canada's host and executive director Mark Zecchino told CP24. "When you're talking about an individual with this kind of money and type of network at his home, he's one phone call from a limousine."

Woods was reportedly released from custody shortly before 11 a.m., according to Palm Beach County Jail records.

The 42-year-old golf great joined the PGA tour in 1996. Since then, he has won 79 PGA tour events, including 14 majors, second only to American golf legend Sam Snead.

"I can't think of an athlete who has had a further fall from grace than Tiger Woods," Zecchino said.

In 2009, Woods meticulously crafted image as one of the sport's most untouchable athletes, according to Zecchino, was shattered by a sex scandal, ultimately throwing him off course.

This was followed by a spate of injuries beginning in 2013, which have forced him to a limited tour schedule.

"I think this is just a miserable human being and not someone in a good mental state," Zecchino said.

http://www.cp24.com/sports/golfer-tiger-woods-charged-with-dui-in-florida-1.3433982

·
Life is Good.
3,931 Posts
Key update, Alcohol not a factor:

The police had to wake up Tiger Woods when they approached his running vehicle prior to arresting him on a DUI charge early Monday morning, according to the police report.

According to the report, the officer said Woods "had extremely slow and slurred speech" and struggled with several roadside tasks. The report noted that the golfer changed his story about where he was going and where he was coming from.

Woods told police he was taking several prescriptions, including two painkillers. Police said Woods was "cooperative as much as possible" and that he agreed to take a breath test and a urine test. He blew a 0.00 in the breath test.

In a statement released Monday night, Woods had said alcohol was not a factor in his arrest, which he said stemmed from an "unexpected reaction" to prescription medication.

"I understand the severity of what I did, and I take full responsibility for my actions," Woods said in the statement. "I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn't realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly."

The 14-time major champion was taken into custody at 2:49 a.m. ET on Monday, booked at 7:18 a.m. and released on his own recognizance at 10:50 a.m.

Woods' arraignment in Palm Beach County court is scheduled for July 5.

Woods announced last week that he had undergone a fourth back surgery in April that will keep him off the course for the rest of the 2017 season, and he is unlikely to engage in strenuous physical activity for months.

He attempted a comeback after more than a year away from the game late in 2016 but played in just three tournaments, missing the cut in January at the Farmers Insurance Open and withdrawing after one round of a tournament in Dubai in February.

Since his first back surgery on March 31, 2014, Woods has played just 19 worldwide events, with a single top-10 finish, seven missed cuts and three withdrawals.
http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/19496396/tiger-woods-found-asleep-car-arrest-dui-charge

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
lol how the mighty have fallen

I'd say "shame" but he's still scummy for cheating on his wife

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
Meh, we all fuck up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts