Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Banned
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ultimate dream match in nature...

Tiger walks into the lion's territory. "Heard you been talking shit to the pride about me." Lion responds, "Of course I've been talking shit, they don't call me the King Of The Jungle for no reason. Do something about it.

Should these two enormous cats square off to see who the dominant pussy is, who would you put your money on winning? (And for fairness sake, let's say it was a Siberian Tiger against a North African Lion, as those are the largest sub-species of both.)

In my opinion, 7 or 8 times out of ten the tiger wins. They're faster, stronger, supposedly smarter, and more ferocious than the lion. Of all the documented cases of the two facing off, it more often than not ends with the tiger putting the lion to sleep. Shame none of this has ever really been captured on video, though.

· I clearly felt the tap
4,646 Posts
Tiger. As you said, they're bigger, faster and stronger. In an alternate scenario where it's not a direct face-off, the tiger also has the stealth advantage.

The lion's only real advantage is its mane. It might make it harder for the tiger to get at the jugular.

· Banned
7,015 Posts
I would easily put my money on the tiger. A fullgrown tiger isnt just bigger and stronger then your average fullgrown lion but tigers are also way more agressive. Lions are easily scared away. There is a video on youtube of a guy scaring away a pride of lions with only a White plastic bag in his hand also I have seen africans go up directly to a pride of lions eating a meal, scare them off and steal some meat.

That shit would never fly on a tiger. Tigers are way too gangster for that.

Reactions: Mr. Wrestling 1

· Registered
5,532 Posts
I watched some show a while ago (the name of the show escapes me at the moment) that has simulations of animal fights based on scientific shit on each animal and I believe when they did lion vs tiger, I'm pretty sure the lion won, much to my surprise. My money was on the tiger.

I'll see if I can dig up a vid or something of the show.

· Premium Member
83,359 Posts
I have a problem with the set up! Tigers are assassins. They kill from ambush. The tiger knows the lion has to eventually take a piss and that's when it would strike. Right out of the bushes while the lion has it's pecker in the air and it's over rover!

Reactions: Impeccable Sin

· Banned
5,811 Posts
Your post covers everything that needs to be said. The Tiger is a huge favorite. The Lion would be relying on a large mistake to take advantage of to have any chance whatsoever.

Even at that, the Tiger can afford to make mistakes due to it's physical advantages, the Lion cannot.

The Tiger is the true king of the jungle.

Why am I typing this out?

· Registered
3,765 Posts
If I remember, male Lions are actually chill as fuck and the women do all the hunting while he goes to the bone zone on them. (Nice life) whereas, Tigers are all vicious mutherrfuckers. I'd say Tiger.

· Premium Member
83,359 Posts
That mane though. The lion is the rockstar of the nonhuman animals.

:lmao I mean the lion just lays around while his lionesses do all the work!
Yep. It's a total different story if the tiger is fighting a lioness. Those bitches are bad but they are more of a pack unit.

On a side not I bet the male lion's amps go to 11.

· Men with Ven
4,670 Posts
For me its the Tiger, I know fuck all about animals but if I have it right, in the Lion world the fellas sit there wanking all day whilst the women do the killin. The Tiger is probably endangered too so he or she has more to fight for.

Either way, about time someone started asking the real questions around here.

· Registered
5,532 Posts

Gotta love dat CGI.

I kind of have to agree with the outcome though, the lion does have a lot more experience fighting in straight up fights against other big cats just to maintain dominance of their pride and also to defend it.

Lion vs. tiger is overrated anyway. I want to see a jaguar vs a lion. The jaguar may have the size disadvantage, but that manly mane wont save the lion from the jaguar's skull crushing bite.

· Premium Member
47,277 Posts
Just read some stuff about Rome pitting lions and tigers against each other way back in the day. Romans were such assholes.

Anyway, the tiger won most of the fights apparently, but of course this was hundreds/thousands of years ago. Who knows how accurate this information is.

· Premium Member
47,277 Posts

Gotta love dat CGI.

I kind of have to agree with the outcome though, the lion does have a lot more experience fighting in straight up fights against other big cats just to maintain dominance of their pride and also to defend it.

Lion vs. tiger is overrated anyway. I want to see a jaguar vs a lion. The jaguar may have the size disadvantage, but that manly mane wont save the lion from the jaguar's skull crushing bite.
Read some more about this show. didn't know it existed.

They hate tigers clearly. Tigers lost to the lion and the bear:lol

· Registered
5,532 Posts
Just read some stuff about Rome pitting lions and tigers against each other way back in the day. Romans were such assholes.

Anyway, the tiger won most of the fights apparently, but of course this was hundreds/thousands of years ago. Who knows how accurate this information is.
I don't think that's a fair representation if that is actually true. The biggest difference between a male lion and a tiger is the male lion is like a warrior whereas the tiger is a hunter. Being in captivity is going to deprive it of real world fighting experience against other lions.

In the real world, tigers are solitary animals, they can't afford to be injured fighting and are smart enough to leave a fight to avoid injury. Since female lions do the majority of the hunting, a male lion doesn't have as much concern for injury, he still gets his food at the end of the day. He also has to fight to the end to protect not only his pride, (for those who don't know, a pride is a group of lions) but his position in the pride. If he gets his ass handed to him, he's on his own.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.