Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Boiling ramen at 1am because life is still happeni
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

CM Punk later tweeted: "Holy crap, so the douche who's playing Larry in the stooges movie says he was embarrassed to be on raw? But he's in the stooges movie?!!??"

Personally, I really don't see why he should get such a negative reception. He's pretty spot-on with most his statements and if there's anyone that could be blamed for the terrible segment, it's the friggin writers.

Either that or I still miss Will&Grace

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yeah, love Will & Grace too.

Funny how big Sean Hayes was while the show was huge and now no one seems to remember him, let alone, some guy named CM Punk, calling him a douche.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Its depressing how hard it is to argue with the things he says. However, I can't think of any live audience that wouldn't have booed those 3

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
At the end of the day, people pay good money to watch wrestling and there hero's.
Not 3 guys promoting there new movie.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
when will vince understand ? 90% of these cunts don't give a tiny rat's ass about WWE and just promote their awful shit , they have the perspective that wrestlers are roided up freaks , and that won't change in a million years no matter how vince tries

i understand that them being on the show is pure business , but what business did WWE gain from them ? nobody is gonna tune in to see these idiots , so it's not like they are gonna pop the ratings , hell when the celebs where on a constant basis on the show during that dark period in 2009-2010 the ratings were averaged from 2.9 to 3.2

so they add nothing , just a waste of TV time

of course that's 90% of most celebrities who are on the show , i'm not talking about Hugh Jackman or Mike Tyson

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
He's spot on. And I'm pretty sure the Stooges movie (dead concept and all) wasn't even in the same area code in terms of embarsassment. It's pretty damn sad when your BEST material comes from 40 somethings and a guy who clearly won't be around long term. But the saddest thing is that's not even subjective. Nobody will remember this era because it's given us instant thrills and "talent" who'd just be better off being Walmart door greeters (I'm looking at you, Santino) or working desk jobs.

To pre-empt any replies: Pretty sure I don't give a shit that you don't give a shit./tl;dr, etc

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I didn't care for them, I thought that is was kinda entertaining, even if not neccesary. There were much worse guest stars on RAW.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sean Heyes got a lot of undeserved hate for this. Anyone who actually watches the interview can tell he didn't mean to disrespect, he was just telling about his recent experience in a way a lot of people (especially those who don't follow WWE programming) would find funny. Pretty much what you're expected to do at late night talk shows.

Makes me wonder if Punk saw the dirt sheet headlines about Heyes being "embarrassed to have been on RAW" and tweeted without bothering to find out the facts. (Which would be somewhat ironic, considering Punk's complains about dirt sheets.) Clearly Heyes means by "last place on earth you'd ever see me" that he, a skinny and somewhat feminine dude, obviously stands out like a sore thumb at a pro wrestling event. Maybe some bad wording there, but definitely no bad intent.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Thank you Punk! *clap* *clap* *clap*

·
Registered
12,464 Posts
No reason for Punk to shit on the whole Movie because one of the actors doesn't like Pro-Wrestling. Isn't Will Sasso, who plays Curly, a big time wwe fan?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Nothing more than a cool little anecdote really, not sure what the fuss is.

I actually didn't recognise Hayes when he was on at all. Surprised it was him.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,879 Posts
I was embarrassed to be a wrestling fan when they came out, too.

I was impressed with Sasso's knowledge of the business and his impersonation of Hogan was spot on.

I think Sasso is a huge wrestling fan. Poor guy got boo'd out of the arena.

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
Stop posting about this. Only insecure, sensitive people would take his words out of context and bitch about it. Even if Sean Hayes had malicious intent, it's stupid to get worked up whenever a celebrity says something bad about wrestling. It's the Cheslea Handler incident all over again.

Wasn't it him or DB who shit on WM saying it's not as important as getting 1,000 people to see them or something retarded?
I swear some the intelligence and reading comprehesion of some of the people on this board is so fucking low. What Bryan meant was that he was a draw for ROH and that he wanted to be that for WM and WWE. He's said similar stuff before about wanting to be a Cena, Punk, or Orton for the WWE.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
I swear some the intelligence and reading comprehesion of some of the people on this board is so fucking low. What Bryan meant was that he was a draw for ROH and that he wanted to be that for WM and WWE. He's said similar stuff before about wanting to be a Cena, Punk, or Orton for the WWE.
Ah, so it was DB. Pity Punk didn't learn to defend to WWE then. But at least the title was taken away so it worked out.

Hopefully Punk gets karma hitting him soon, too.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I don't see anything really wrong with what he said. He was making a joke about that fact that he is a skinny gay man in a wrestling world.

Vince shouldn't put these people on, they're not bringing anything to the table.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts