Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://.....................

WWE officials considered John Morrison, Randy Orton and Sheamus as potential leaders for the new Nexus before Vince McMahon decided on CM Punk as the leader.

Vince is very high on the new Nexus right now and everyone who matters behind the scenes is praising the group since the changes were made.

Officials had wanted to remove Wade Barrett as the leader going back into late Summer of 2010.
Orton could of worked, Sheamus and Morrison not so much. Punk was the perfect choice.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
I have a hard time believing that anyone is praising the New Nexus. That, and, as Pyro said, :lmao at Morrison being the Nexus leader.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
lol morrison gotta be a troll i wish it was Sheamus tbo punk had the ses last year when this fails what does that say about punks leadership skills
Punk carried SmackDown on his back, so it says a lot. Blame the fucking shitty booking for the SES. What good is Sheamus as leader of Nexus? In order to lead a faction, you have to be able to TALK. That's why the best mic workers on Raw were the leaders.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
Call me sick in the head, but Sheamus had some interesting connections and interactions with Nexus and would have made a pretty good leader for it. Just IMO. He could have said that he was champ twice and King of the Ring and that he would all bring them into the promised land with a title for everyone involved.

· Fear Me!
3,463 Posts
I could have seen Orton or Sheamus as the leader of the new Nexus.

Morrison? Not so much.

· Registered
288 Posts
This always looked like crazy booking, given that Wade Barrett was the founder, mouthpiece and leading light of the faction. In C. M. Punk's hands, Nexus looks like SES part two, while the Corre (containing three ex-members of Nexus, including Justin Gabriel, perhaps the best wrestler of the group) feels like the real Nexus.

Confused? I certainly am. But this dirt sheet report is obvious nonsense.

· This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
15,298 Posts
Punk carried SmackDown on his back, so it says a lot. Blame the fucking shitty booking for the SES. What good is Sheamus as leader of Nexus? In order to lead a faction, you have to be able to TALK. That's why the best mic workers on Raw were the leaders.
Punk was the reason why SES failed. The booking was bad but not as bad as him cutting the same promo every week. He even turned Punk fans into thinking he was monotonous and boring. I really like watching him talk now because he says different stuff and it is refreshing. he far from carried Smackdown on his back while being carried by Mysterio and jobbing to Big Show.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.