1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
43,956 Posts
Re: The Devils Rejects; Three From Hell (2019)

I always joke about The Devil's Rejects with friends of mine. We'll say "Hey guys, remember that one time Rob Zombie accidentally made a good movie?".

I'm willing to give a sequel a chance, though it was one movie I always felt worked great as a standalone.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,035 Posts
I always joke about The Devil's Rejects with friends of mine. We'll say "Hey guys, remember that one time Rob Zombie accidentally made a good movie?".

I'm willing to give a sequel a chance, though it was one movie I always felt worked great as a standalone.
I agree it is his best film. I didn’t care much for what he did with the Halloween franchise. But isn’t The Devils Rejects a sequel to House of 1000 Corpses? I know it’s the same actors.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I agree it is his best film. I didn’t care much for what he did with the Halloween franchise. But isn’t The Devils Rejects a sequel to House of 1000 Corpses? I know it’s the same actors.
It is yeah. But I count The Devils Rejects as a more 'traditional' horror film and that's prob why I liked it more than 1000 corpses, which I couldn't really get into apart from the characters.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

Really enjoyed the first one. Hopefully this one turns out good

·
E:16
6,195 Posts

For me, the original was a travesty of a film, garbage.

·
Premium Member
9,416 Posts

Trejo's back so I hope that means DDP will be too. Also, hope this is actually good like Rejects.

·
40,752 Posts

No Captain Spaulding promo but Sid Haig will be in it. Also Danny Trejo and Clint Howard. Also Dee Wallace. Rob Zombie giving work to all these old greats.:sundin

House of a 1000 Corpses is great btw.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts

Gimme gimme gimme!
NOW!!

Gimme Mother Firefly, Baby, Otis, Spaulding, Tiny, RJ fuck bring back Dr. Satan!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
That's interesting. I have always genuinely wondered whether the elements that make The Devil's Rejects outstanding were done by accident.

The rest of his canon is interesting and by no means inept, but not anywhere close thematically to TDR.

But isn’t The Devils Rejects a sequel to House of 1000 Corpses? I know it’s the same actors.
It uses the same characters but it IMO can only be considered a sequel in the way that Aliens is a sequel to Alien, or Return to Oz is a sequel to the Wizard of Oz.

In other words, while it shares some world building for the sake of convenience and reference, what it is attempting to do is so far away from what the first movie is attempting to do that it really needs to be considered entirely its own entity.

House of 1,000 Corpses is a conventional horror movie in the voyeuristic tradition.

The Devil's Rejects is a deeply unconventional horror movie in the sadistic tradition.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts

Of course who else can bring all of them (and maybe more) back from the dead?
Tbh I'm guessing this will just be an Otis, Baby and Spaulding job. They were the main three anyway (despite my favourite always being Mother). Doubt they'd use Tiny out of respect to the original actor being dead. Mother's story arc ended once she confessed to killing Wydell. RJ never really did anything and Satan was deleted from DR.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts

Tbh I'm guessing this will just be an Otis, Baby and Spaulding job. They were the main three anyway (despite my favourite always being Mother). Doubt they'd use Tiny out of respect to the original actor being dead. Mother's story arc ended once she confessed to killing Wydell. RJ never really did anything and Satan was deleted from DR.
I was saying Dr. Devil could be the reason that the three are back and maybe any family members that "could" be brought back.

·
Registered
971 Posts

WTF? Didn't they die at the end of the last one?

- Vic
Well we see them riding into the roadblocks and hear gun fire but you don't see their dead body's and this is a horror film so you know what that means... :shrug

·
Registered
939 Posts

This is actually happening?????? :monkey :YES

I thought, they were dead at the end of the first one :lol

Devils Rejects is one of my all time favorite movies, I'm actually super excited about this now. I love the cast... Sherri and Sid :woo:woo

Dr. Satan still scares the shit out of me to this day lol

Reactions: zrc

·
Banned
18,555 Posts

@diamonddallaspage said:
Talked with @RobZombieOfficial about #3FromHell and Billy Ray Snapper just didn’t fit into the story. @officialDannyTrejo is going to be an Unholy One this time around. I am pumped to see it and you should be too!!
- Vic

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

The saving grace of Horror today is coming to deliver what I hope is yet another classic. Make it seven in a row. 100% can't wait for this. Zombie is the best.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts

Still hoping Mother gets a cameo at least. Always loved that crazy ass prozzie!

The saving grace of Horror today is coming to deliver what I hope is yet another classic. Make it seven in a row. 100% can't wait for this. Zombie is the best.
I'd agree, but I thought Lords of Salem was dogshit.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts