Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· TNA Believer
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a lot of fun watching Beer Money lately and i've been wondering if TNA aren't missing three simple but effective details on selling their talents: catch phrases, indivual characteristic move (i don't know the correct name to call it) and the finishers.

I see some wrestlers who do some or all of these three details right, but most of the roster lack this.

For example, in the catch phrases i can recall a few like flair's "wooooo", anderson's "asshole" or repeting his name; Brother Devon's oh my brother testify!, pope's "the pope is pimpin'" or even BM's "sorry about your damn luck".

From the characteristic move i can name Sting's punching his chest, RVD pointing to his back while saying RVD, Hogan ripping his shirt off, angle taking the straps off his gear and BM doing that Beer Money call...

For the finishers they need to sell them better and honestly some just suck...why does a giant guy like morgan's have a running big boot as a finisher? Styles clash just looks a bit strange...

I know TNA has problems that we all know about in building up their storylines and getting everyone in TV, but this are details that can easily corrected and it helps to create a link between the fans and the wrestlers. thoughts?

· Registered
4,841 Posts
i agree. But this just isnt a TNA problem 95% of todays wrestlers just dnt have it. Back in the 90's everyone had catchphrases this you could copy. Children could do it in the playground. Thats why they liked it. Now it just doesnt happen.

· Banned
2,204 Posts
I've had a lot of fun watching Beer Money lately and i've been wondering if TNA aren't missing three simple but effective details on selling their talents: catch phrases, indivual characteristic move (i don't know the correct name to call it) and the finishers.
Finishers being sold well is a given, why else would thye be called finishers if they didnt end a match

Giving everyone their own catchprhases to market with, a reoccuring opening or ending line, sure why not?

AJ "Get ready To Fly, therefore I AM I AM!" just have guys like Rob speak in their native tounge and there you go

Chikara are the kings of making up characterisitc moves. TNA, TAKE NOTES

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.