Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paul Bearer will always be my favorite manager. He scared me more than the Undertaker did as a kid.

·
Registered
647 Posts
of the "modern" managers i liked Armando Estrada with Umaga.

as a side note to that, i took a break from WWE for a bit, but when i started watching again, how did Estrada become ECW GM?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Jim Cornette, I love his 90 mph promos - to quote, Gerald Brisco I think said it?
Attracted heat, squeecky voice, and such a colourful personailty.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
This is the cream of the crop:

Bobby 'The Fucking Brain' Heenan.
Jim 'Fuck this company' Cornette.
Paul Heyman.
JJ 'Fifth member of Four Horsemen' Dillon.
Paul Bearer.
And Miss Elizabth.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
of the "modern" managers i liked Armando Estrada with Umaga.

as a side note to that, i took a break from WWE for a bit, but when i started watching again, how did Estrada become ECW GM?
I loved Armando as well. I wish the WWE used him more. Anybody know why they stopped using him?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will always remember "The Devious One" Mr Fuji. He managed the likes of Yokozuna, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, Crush, Demolition, & even the British Bulldog

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
Personal favorites of mine would have to include Larry Sweeney, Bobby Heenan (WWF years), Jimmy Hart (in the late 80's especially), Sunny, Slick, Sherri & James E. Cornette.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
This is the cream of the crop:

Bobby 'The Fucking Brain' Heenan.
Jim 'Fuck this company' Cornette.
Paul Heyman.
JJ 'Fifth member of Four Horsemen' Dillon.
Paul Bearer.
And Miss Elizabth.
This list pretty much contains anyone I'd put forward. Dunno about Miss Elizabeth, as I count her more as a valet even though she was listed as a manager...

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Paul Heyman, not sure if Brock would've got over to the point he was without Heyman, very much an integral part of Brock's career. He was actually meant to manage Chris Benoit, wonder how that could've turned out.

Other noticeable ones for me would be Bobby Heenan, Paul Ellering, Paul Bearer, J.J Dillon, and dare I say it, Jim Cornette.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Paul Heyman, not sure if Brock would've got over to the point he was without Heyman, very much an integral part of Brock's career. He was actually meant to manage Chris Benoit, wonder how that could've turned out.

Other noticeable ones for me would be Bobby Heenan, Paul Ellering, Paul Bearer, J.J Dillon, and dare I say it, Jim Cornette.
Agree with the Brock thing. It's a shame it didn't work out with Heidenreich in late 2004 though...

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
This list pretty much contains anyone I'd put forward. Dunno about Miss Elizabeth, as I count her more as a valet even though she was listed as a manager...
The key thing about Elizabeth was that she was instrumental in getting Savage over the right away. When Savage was using her as a shield he got more over as a heel, and then when he tried protecting her she got him over as a face. Its hard to imagine Savage without her.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I always thought Paul Ellering was pretty badass.

And Sunny. Man, who didn't have a thing for Sunny, especially in 1998 when she managed LOD 2000.

Also got to give a shout out to Terri Runnels nipples when she was managing The Hardy Boyz and E&C.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Really? Wtf. They finally create a manager that gets over and they nix'em? Thats like some TNA shit right there.
Yes, in the first couple of months of Umaga's run the crowd was more into Estrada than Umaga himself, they were repeating his catchphrases and the Creative Team didn't like that because they wanted Umaga to get over not the Manager so after that Estrada stopped opening his mouth and just sticked to breaking cigars for a while as Vince and Shane helped put Umaga over until Estrada went to ECW and even shortened his name to just Armando Estrada and was eventually released.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts