Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not a spoiler.. i dont work for tna. but how do you feel about a woman who isnt that great of a wrestler... winning the title that mickie james, awesome kong, gail kim, tara, angelina, winter, and madison (above decent) have worn?

thats a tough list to compete with.

also forgot the lady with the big ass... what was her name....... fuck..... she had blonde hair...... anyway she was great wrestler as well

its pretty obvious velvet will win at BFG

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think it's pretty obvious she will get the title at BFG. She's sexy as hell, but doesn't deserve the belt if she isn't capable of putting on a good match. She doesn't really even need the belt, she's already about as over as a KO can get.

If I could book the KOs at BFG, I would have Madison will the title due to interference from Karen Jarrett. I like KO heel champions better and Madison is the ultra-heel of the division.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
TNA books her like she's the innocent girl next door. She isn't though. She was part of the Beautiful People, she still uses the music. She doesn't have the look of the innocent girl either.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I think it's a good call to be fair granted she's not great in the ring but she's over and she's the only in ring KO i can think of that has'nt won the belt yet, her winning it would be a feel good moment in many way's, plus she would'nt need to defend it everyweek, I think you could get a 3-4 month run out her by just booking her in tag matches on impact with Mickie building to PPV defenses against some of the better heel KO's until you build to a Mickie Vs Velvet match where Mickie can take the title, then continue for another few months with that fued till Lockdown where by tat point imo working pretty much weekly with Mickie should help get Velvet better in the ring.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Velvet Sky winning the title would seem a little weird at first, but I guess it couldn't be any worse than Sting or Kennedy. It'd kinda suck for Roode though.

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
^Eh? what does Velvet becoming Womens champion have to do with Roode, I'm confused.com now.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The knockouts title doesnt really have any prestige left, so it doesnt really matter who is the champion. Like Kelly Kelly she is over with the crowd despite being a terrible wrestler. So they might as well give her a try at it.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
If she wasn't this anti-bullying character it'd be fine with me. She's put time/work in. TNA is hardly about who wrestles best having the belt now, is it? It's not as if they're gonna put the KO title in the main event. It's not as if people are buying a PPV for Mickie James, so whatever, I guess.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
She looks like she genuinely cares for the business, the company, women's wrestling most importantly improving herself. Also with her being lined up to go o, DWTS it seems she is TNA's KO's equivalent of The Miz; Just a media whore, simply because she has a little charisma, is hot as hell and is very marketable because of that.

Plus, in my opinion, she has been one of the more interesting aspects of TNA over the past year or so.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Velvet isn't a great wrestler. But that's the ONLY knock on her. She isn't even Kelly Kelly bad though in the ring. She's alright.

-She's been with TNA for 4 years. She's never been a problem.
-She's arguably the most popular Knockout on the roster.
-She's extremely marketable and fan friendly.
-She's decent on the mic.

Why not give her a title reign? Some people are mentioning Kelly Kelly, but honestly I don't have a problem with her being champion either. She's paid her dues, why not? The only issue is she's actually really bad at wrestling, lacks charisma and her matches are booked like shit.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Wouldn't bother me, as Velvet is IMO easily the most popular and possibly most marketable TNA knockout.

Ring work has nothing to do with being a champion, it's a work, it's all about who's over and who's not.

And Velvet is more over than half the male roster.

·
Premium Member
43,588 Posts
Never been one of my favorite wrestlers, but one of my favorite chicks to look at.

I don't really care. I guess its "her turn" or something like that. I think TNA thinks they can make her like the key woman & sex symbol whose face they can plaster all over their product (which they kind of do already). So yeah, whatever. She's not as bad as Kelly Kelly. At least I'll say that.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts