Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
FOTC
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just randomly looking at the roster page and came across these 15. I think all of them should be considered for a push — how hard they should be pushed varies. What do you think about the following 15:

Aleister Black: He's booked dominantly, yet he still has solid matches that are competitive — UPPER MID CARD/POTENTIAL WORLD TITLE MATCH
Montez Ford:
Eventually have him turn on Dawkins; he can be an arrogant heel with his charisma — MID CARD HEEL/US CHAMPIONSHIP RUN
Murphy:
Flirt with the idea of him and Rollins have a big falling out — MID CARD FACE/COULD WORK A TITLE PROGRAM WITH A HEEL ROLLINS AS CHAMPION
Elias:
Have him work with Corbin after WM — POTENTIAL MONEY IN THE BANK WINNER/SELL MERCHANDISE WITH IT
Angel Garza:
Comparable to Eddie Guerrero — MAKE HIM A COCKY FACE THAT SAVES HIS INSULTS FOR HIS OPPONENTS
Keith Lee:
He should be sent to RAW this summer — BUILD HIM UP FOR A WRESTLEMANIA 37 MATCH WITH BROCK LESNAR
Pete Dunne:
Eventually have him turn on Riddle; have him get back to being a vicious heel — BACK IN THE NXT TITLE PICTURE
Velveteen Dream:
Make him the Face of NXT — GIVE HIM A LENGTHY RUN WITH THE NXT TITLE THIS YEAR; ON RAW OR SD AFTER WM 37
Adam Cole
: Make him a top attraction on Smackdown — INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION; SERIES OF WORLD TITLE MATCHES WITH REIGNS
Dave Mastiff:
He has a unique look and presence to him — TOP HEEL IN NXT
Bianca Belair:
She's probably the most athletic woman in the company — A SERIES OF TITLE MATCHES WITH RHEA; ON SD BY NEXT YEAR
Io Shirai:
She did a complete 180 with her character — SEND HER TO RAW TO FEUD WITH SHAYNA FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP
Tegan Nox:
Keep pushing her as an up and coming babyface in NXT — MID CARD FACE ON ANY BRAND
Ruby Riot:
She has very underrated mic skills; unique look — THE 2ND TOP HEEL ON THE RAW WOMEN'S ROSTER
Sonya Deville:
Eventually transition this Otis/Mandy angle into a Lesbian angle with Mandy — DEPENDS ON HOW THE CROWD REACTS TO THE PROPOSED STORYLINE

·
NO SPIN ZONE
659 Posts
Some spacing between the wrestlers would do wonders for reading through the OP.

I'll keep it simple and say

PUSH(ranked in order):
Aleister
Murphy
Keith Lee
Bianca

·
IRAN #1
2,308 Posts
Velveteen Dream, fucking obviously push him in NXT. I'm just preying for him on the main roster

Io Shirai is insane and should be pushed where ever she works.

Aleister Black, his promos are weak but they're getting better.

Keith Lee could be a top star on any brand.

Murphy, give him a mid-card push after this Disciple gimmick is over.

I don't like Bianca Belair but i could see her being very successful on the main roster. She'll get pushed for sure.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
1,864 Posts
Aleister Black I believe is in solid position for a push. Seems that he and AJ might get to work together soon(hopefully...), and that is a good opportunity to capitalize as far as he goes

Elias should definitely get a push on smackdown. The crowds are into him and if they don’t take advantage now I don’t think he’ll get a better chance later...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Lee & Dream (along with Riddle) are the legitimate future stars coming up from NXT. And yes, it’s coming up, the viewership and exposure is still much greater on Raw and SD. Bianca looks like a surefire star, as well, and I’m not even into women’s wrestling.

They could absolutely be doing more with Elias. He’s great on the mic,can fill time - which is a huge deal with all of the tv hours they have to cover - and has a good look. He’d be a great midcard face champ that cheated or took advantage of situations to win matches.

I think Aleister is already on his way to the top, and deservedly so. I think he’s a future World Champ. Ford potentially could be, too. Good look, good worker, loads of charisma, and is strong on the mic.

I like Murphy a lot, but outside of his inevitable feud with Rollins down the road, I think he may be destined to be a career midcarder that can work the Main Event on occasion a la Dolph Ziggler- who has has a pretty good a career.

·
Registered
11,394 Posts
Black keep doing what they are doing
Ford can be singles upper mid guy with right push
Murphy's probably peaked
Elias keep doing what they are doing. He isn't good enough worker to move past midcard
Garza should be upper mid at minimum, either face or heel
Lee could get big push out the gate and possible mainevent attraction even for a short period like Strowman and Joe were
Dream is hard to know yet.
Cole along with UE should be debuting attacking reigns, Rollins or Bryan
Mastiff I dunno, probably isn't doing much more than now

Belair should be programmed with a Becky, Sasha, Bayley or Charlotte out the gate
Shirai I dunno. If she isn't happy as reported it's unlikely they push her beyond third member of Kabuki warriors
Nox very injury prone so main roster probably filler like Carmella
Riott where she is, midcard filler
Deville where she is midcard filler

·
Registered
406 Posts
Black: I'm undecided for now. He has potential and could catch on woth the audience. But I honestly think his character is to "weird" for the mainstream audience, and I kinda see him as a new Dolph Ziggler. Someone who always gives syellar performances and lingers in mid-upper midcard, but is never given a proper ME push.

Elias: His greatest strength is also his greatest weakness. The guitar.
His guitar segments always work and get a crowd reaction. But at the same time it feels limiting. I say be bold and take the guitar away. I think he is charismatic enough that he doesnt need to "hide" behind the guitar anymore.

Keith lee: He's all about the right booking. I fear he can very easily fall into the smily babyface archetype on the main roster. He needs to be booked like Razor Ramon. The "its good to be bad" oozing machismo vibe is what he needs to be all about.

Ruby Riott: She deserves a title feud, but I dont see long term champ potential in her.

Adam Cole: I actually think he would be better of staying in NXT. His wrestling style won't work on the main roster, and hes even smaller than Bryan, and I dont think he can pull of the underdog face character, which seems to be the only way for a smalle guy to be successful on the main roster.

·
Team AEW
2,918 Posts
Out of these, I'd push: Black, Murphy, Dream, Dunne.

I don't see the big appeal in Keith Lee. I don't know about Garza, don't see him as a big player, maybe that could change. Ford - maybe, he's very charismatic, but I'm not certain he'll be good as a serious competitor, he's just fine in his comedic role, maybe that's his ceiling. Don't like Elias, don't like Cole, and I don't know who the other guy is. The women - whatever, I don't care much about them.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,055 Posts
Velveteen Dream by far has the most star potential of that group.

Elias is close behind him, but he’s been absolutely abused by horrific booking.

Keith Lee would be awesome if he sticked to being a power wrestler instead of flipping around like a cruiserweight. He’s gotta change his mic style though. He has got to drop the smiley babyface act and act like a monster. Also he’s got cringe level mic work with his voice/delivery. Put some bass on your voice son.

I enjoy Pete Dunne’s ring psychology, but he’s limited by an awful look/size/physique.

Garza has some charisma and seems to have a lot of potential. The Eddie comparisons are absolutely ridiculous at this stage of his career though.

I’d add Riddle as a guy who’s got some potential if he can improve his god awful mic work.

The rest of that group is shit, IMO.

·
Registered
11,394 Posts
Adam Cole: I actually think he would be better of staying in NXT. His wrestling style won't work on the main roster, and hes even smaller than Bryan, and I dont think he can pull of the underdog face character, which seems to be the only way for a smalle guy to be successful on the main roster.
He is same size as Kenny Omega and only inch or so shorter than Shawn Michaels.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Of all the guys I think Keith Lee is the total package. He speaks very well for a face, and it would be a fresh take to have a monster heel that was calculating and menacing instead of roaring and breathing fire. He also has the size they like along with the in ring ability the hard core fans love.

It's a little tougher on the women's side though. Of all the women listed I honestly feel ruby riot is the best. I just don't think she has a look wwe would get behind.

There's rumors io may be headed back to Japan so I doubt they would trust her...she's also Asian and we know how well they've been treated.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Aleister Black: Main event & IC title scene only
Montez Ford:
US & IC title scene until he is over enough for WWE title scene
Murphy:
Backbone of the US & IC title divisions; occasional WWE title challenger at Royal Rumble; transitional Universal title holder
Elias:
Upper midcard; IC title scene & frequent WWE title challenger; humor a part of character “Who want to ___ with Elias?”
Angel Garza:
IC/US/Tag title scene for now; world title scene after he’s been built up
Keith Lee:
Main event scene
Pete Dunne:
Backbone of the IC title division; transitional Universal title holder
Velveteen Dream:
Regularly jumps between NXT and main roster; a top guy
Adam Cole
: The top guy in WWE, mainly because of how the crowd reacts to Adam Cole Bay Bay. It will look really good in a full arena or stadium.
Dave Mastiff:
Main event scene monster heel
Bianca Belair:
Future face of women’s division
Io Shirai: 5 stars matches (w/ Sasha, Charlotte, Becky, Bayley, Alexa, Nikki, Ember, Natalya, Asuka, Kairi)
Tegan Nox:
NXT/Royal Rumble/Survivor Series appearances
Ruby Riot:
Can work as face or heel. But being underrated as not just a title contender, but also for her looks being unconventional and untraditional for a top WWE female superstar, is key to her success when she finally wins the women’s belt.
Sonya Deville: Break up Fire & Desire over failing to win tag belts and unrequited love – feud with Mandy, starting at WM – win Women’s championship – reunite with Mandy/lesbian angle – win tag belts

·
The Babyface of WF
10,952 Posts
I'm going to stick with Aleister Black and Murphy for now since they have not realised their full potential in a manner of which they can really be considered established completely.

Black has the potential Upper Midcard B level worker written all over him who can switch in and out of the Main Event scene due to his character work for big angles and able to put on adequate match up scenarios that sell to the audience with the right guy but turning him Heel will elevate his status more.

Murphy is a strong Midcard Title candidate at best he's fantastic as a worker but is lacking in more areas than one to really convince me he's Upper Midcard material consistently.

Garza has a way to go and definitely has what it takes to be a major player in the Midcard scene but the Eddie Guerrero comparisons really need to stop.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Maybe the same height but nowhere near the same build. Cole looks like he would have no chance of benching 300 lbs. Hard to take him seriously.

Dream & Riddle are the stars in NXT. Both have mega potential.
I completely agree. Take a look at Shawn Michaels doing his classic pose in 96-97 and you'll see he's got pretty big biceps, chest and lat's. A guy like Neville/Pac is shorter than Cole, but looks like a beast.

Cole is not only below average in height, but he has very little muscle mass.

His most redeeming factor is that he's extremely good at wrestling indie style, fast paced matches. He can do that on NXT and appear like a wrestling god, or he can go on to wrestle a much more limited style, looking like a midget, while he jobs to Roman and Corbin. So I suggest he stays in NXT for as lpng as possible and becomes a draw on that show, since he has exactly what nxt fana want, and veey little of what the main roster wants.

·
Registered
225 Posts
So, borrowing OP's template (cheers by the way)......

Aleister Black: By no means the face of the company but featured heavily in interesting story lines that can enhance and showcase his character as well as his wrestling — Upper Mid card as long reigning IC champ, with a PPV main event vs the World champ.
Montez Ford: Heel World champ with him squeeking out various wins against top babyfaces.

Murphy:
Flirt with the idea of him and Rollins have a big falling out — Moveset is too face-esque to be Heel so have him run for the US belt.
Elias: No clue what to do with him but he offers good entertainment for house shows
Angel Garza: Comparable to Eddie Guerrero — "MAKE HIM A COCKY FACE THAT SAVES HIS INSULTS FOR HIS OPPONENTS " - Agree with this 100%
Keith Lee: Brought to main Roster and have him run through 3 or 4 top heels over a 9 month period before facing Brock, with Brock doing the job. New star made.
Pete Dunne: Send him back to UK. Other than a 'hell of a worker' he offers nothing else.
Velveteen Dream:
Make him the Face of NXT — "GIVE HIM A LENGTHY RUN WITH THE NXT TITLE THIS YEAR; ON RAW OR SD AFTER WM 37" - This.
Adam Cole
: Make him a top attraction on Smackdown — has a programme with Aleister black.
Dave Mastiff: See Pete Dunne.......
Bianca Belair:
Future Womens champ and female FOTC
Io Shirai: Let her go to AEW where she will thrive.
Tegan Nox:
25 and already has to wear two knee braces. Cant work a straight up singles match yet so has to keep having gimmick or tag matches. Cant cut a promo. Give her another year in NXT
Ruby Riot: She has very underrated mic skills; unique look — THE 2ND TOP HEEL ON THE RAW WOMEN'S ROSTER - This. more than capable of being the top heel on any show.
Sonya Deville: distances herself from this Otis garbage and gets back to kicking ass.

·
Registered
11,394 Posts
Maybe the same height but nowhere near the same build. Cole looks like he would have no chance of benching 300 lbs. Hard to take him seriously.

Dream & Riddle are the stars in NXT. Both have mega potential.
Benching 300 doesn't mean you will for sure draw money though. Look at all the strongmen like Arcidi, Jones, Kaz that failed in pro wrestling. Henry for 15+ years was a flop too until 2011.

There is money in Cole and UE in main event if booked properly. In nxt Cole and UE era outsold everyone else combined in merch.

Dream needs to reel it back in alot if Vince and the fans aren't going to view him in negative light. Wrestling in PJs last week was bad idea. As previously stated riddles ceiling is lowered regardless where he goes due to the weed. He would still be in UFC right now if it wasn't for that and UFC are far more lenient than pro wrestling with regards what their guys and girls can do

1 - 20 of 48 Posts