Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Clark finally debuted with arguably one of the weirdest gimmicks I have ever seen. Reminds me a lot of a younger Goldust but with twice the athletecism. Everything That I see about this guy screams at least midcard level and for someone so new to the business without any special physical qualities, thats pretty damn great. He needs to have a feud with Goldust before Goldust retires.

Reactions: jacobrgroman

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,757 Posts
Mixed feelings, I thought it was kinda generic in a way but I'd like to see more of what they would do with it to make it more interesting.

The name is stupid, I could have bought it if it was just Velveteen, but Velveteen Dream is retarded.

·
The Final Kid
3,397 Posts
He's an annoying brat and I'm not speaking for his gimmick, this dude is legit a geek. Back to the TE days he was an uneducated, know it all bitch that couldn't keep his mouth shut, I'm glad he didn't win the show.

·
Registered
173 Posts
So Velveteen Dream is his actual name and not just a nickname? That's awful...

The gimmick has a very low ceiling. Seems like one of those character that Vince will get bored of a few weeks after his debut and then just give up.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Seems like a really REALLY bad gimmick from WCW in the 90's. He needs to come up with a new gimmick STAT!

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
The kid's only 21 so he has time to develop. Didn't he use that gimmick in a challenge for Tough Enough?
I could be wrong. As for the gimmick, I like it but it needs to be backed up with personality.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,258 Posts
sounds almost as bad as Kizarny.

Reactions: Prayer Police

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
The debut was quite nice, but not sure where to go with this gimmick because the bookers tend to fuck up most of the guys going in this direction. Hope he gets a decent chance.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I'm ok with the gimmick! This type of thing is all about the build and the booking. Unfortunately, the WWE booking is terrible. Perhaps he will have a good run in NXT, tho.

I will agree that this is a mid-card gimmick and will be very hard to break main event. Nothing wrong with that, a strong mid card is highly important.

·
When you don't have a match on the show
3,745 Posts
The Fashion Police may get another squad member in a couple of years.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
Doesn't matter if it's a low ceiling gimmick, he's 21 and I think he showed alot this week in terms of ability.

I really like his ringwork for a shot squash.

Reactions: jacobrgroman
1 - 20 of 76 Posts