Wrestling Forum banner

Thoughts on the New Nexus, CM PUnk and Randy

594 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  txdave37
Call Me Crazy here, but the New Nexus story angle has me all confused as to where they are going

On one hand we had the remnants of a heel stable after the infamous Cena burial of Wade under chairs and wood. This caused a gap in the Nexus, which divided Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater and the rest of the Nexus (at this point just Otunga, and two new members in Husky and Mike). On SD we have the oddball of the Corre, but on Raw we have CM Punk, step in to lead the New Nexus. He talks about faith, blah blah, does some frat boy initiations and even adds a new member to the group Mason Ryan.

Then Punk starts to feud with Randy. Here is when things start to go A-Ri from standard WWE logic, Punk is known for his wits and smarts, and getting into wrestlers' heads. So the GM says that for there Wrestlemania match, Punk can have New Nexus in his corner if they beat Randy in a series of matches. Punk then begins to promo and seems to be speaking to Randy's "voices" (ugh i hate this guy and his shitty gimmick). Then Randy squashes and puts on the shelf every single member of the New Nexus (not that odd, Randy holding down talent in blatant squashes, even if the "talent" is god awful)

CM Punk lets him do it, every single time, and rather than help, you see him speaking to Randy in a distinct, almost parental voice, but never actually confronting him. Wade would have never let that happen, let alone not get in the ring to mix it up, especially not after the first time.

This got me thinking.... Maybe CM Punk Used Randy to get rid of the new nexus and to get into Randy's head so he can get an easier win at WM. Maybe CM Punk was actually disgusted with the New Nexus, and wanted to use Randy as a tool to rid the WWE of them. This is something John Cena couldn't do on his own, but CM Punk now has a leg up on the Fruity Pebble and is in the head of the "Viper".

I mean really, where is this whole story line going? If Randy squashes Punk at mania, who cares? Hes been squashing everyone recently.

The only odd ball in my whole theory is Mason Ryan... I mean the man is ready for ring time, and hes only been on for like a month now. Why squash him or even involve him...
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
I think you're thinking far too into the story, or at least giving the WWE way too much credit. There's no no no way that Punk is letting Orton destroy the nexus to get into his head or whatever.

The nexus is a dead faction. I don't know why they would send them all to developmental again instead of keeping them around as at least separate tag team entities, and I really thought they'd keep Mason with Punk for Mania. But overall the whole point of the original Nexus was that they weren't taking any more of WWE managements shit, and I think that original point of the Nexus is CLEARLY gone (punk was one of the original guys they beat up), so since the fed is realizing this they're disbanding the group one by one.

The reason Punk didn't run down and help is because either he knew he was too far away and if he ran down Orton would kick the guy in the head, and also because he's a chicken shit heel. But he did try to help Mason, and Otunga, he was just always too late. Sure Wade wouldn't stand for it, but it happened to him too. Remember when Cena decimated Darren Young or Michael Tarver?

I think Orton will win at Wrestlemania, because Punk is a guy like Jericho or other heels (and some faces) that they are comfortable having lose clean over and over. Then theres guys that they never have lose clean, like Orton and Cena. But I don't think it'll be a burial job, and I could see the feud continuing afterwards.

· Registered
144 Posts
Call Me Crazy here, but the New Nexus story angle has me all confused as to where they are going

On one hand we had the remnants of a heel stable after the infamous Cena burial of Wade under chairs and wood. This caused a gap in the Nexus, which divided Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater and the rest of the Nexus (at this point just Otunga, and two new members in Husky and Mike). On SD we have the oddball of the Corre, but on Raw we have CM Punk, step in to lead the New Nexus. He talks about faith, blah blah, does some frat boy initiations and even adds a new member to the group Mason Ryan.

Then Punk starts to feud with Randy. Here is when things start to go A-Ri from standard WWE logic, Punk is known for his wits and smarts, and getting into wrestlers' heads. So the GM says that for there Wrestlemania match, Punk can have New Nexus in his corner if they beat Randy in a series of matches. Punk then begins to promo and seems to be speaking to Randy's "voices" (ugh i hate this guy and his shitty gimmick). Then Randy squashes and puts on the shelf every single member of the New Nexus (not that odd, Randy holding down talent in blatant squashes, even if the "talent" is god awful)

CM Punk lets him do it, every single time, and rather than help, you see him speaking to Randy in a distinct, almost parental voice, but never actually confronting him. Wade would have never let that happen, let alone not get in the ring to mix it up, especially not after the first time.

This got me thinking.... Maybe CM Punk Used Randy to get rid of the new nexus and to get into Randy's head so he can get an easier win at WM. Maybe CM Punk was actually disgusted with the New Nexus, and wanted to use Randy as a tool to rid the WWE of them. This is something John Cena couldn't do on his own, but CM Punk now has a leg up on the Fruity Pebble and is in the head of the "Viper".

I mean really, where is this whole story line going? If Randy squashes Punk at mania, who cares? Hes been squashing everyone recently.

The only odd ball in my whole theory is Mason Ryan... I mean the man is ready for ring time, and hes only been on for like a month now. Why squash him or even involve him...

Interesting idea and somewhat satisfying. They should offer some type of resolution since we bought into this Nexus storyline for almost a WHOLE fricking year!!! I mean, we wasted our time with entire RAW shows like when Punk had the Nexus iniation beating. It's not right to ask the fans to invest in a long storyline and there is no payoff or resolution. But that's WWE shit for ya. Orton's head punt is the new easy exit storyline. It worked for Jericho.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.