Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

· Registered
1,500 Posts
I like it. It gives the opportunity to make both Miz and the IC Title relevant again. I love it, in theory. However, I never get my hopes up anymore, because WWE is great at finding ways to screw up things like this.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
Curious booking decision. I guess they want him to occupy space in the midcard while he slowly develops this somewhat tweaked persona of his. I don't know, though, the words "plan" and "World Wrestling Entertainment" rarely go together if they're not putting something together for John Cena/The Rock/Triple H/The Undertaker/Brock Lesnar, so I'm going to take a "wait and see" approach... What else can one do? Ha.

· Registered
8,589 Posts
I find it odd whats going on with the IC Title. The only way it was half way relevant is because Cody Rhodes had a desire to hold it and talked it up. Then Christian wins it randomly. Rhodes is a contender to win MITB, but Ziggler gets it and Rhodes seems forgotten after MITB. Then Miz returns and randomly wins the IC Title in a filler match on RAW.

I think its just a bone they threw Miz for stepping in and filming that movie. They can give him another accolade as a triple crown winner without really pushing him hard. Its the way the WWE is with Miz, always half hearted.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
Good point from checkcola about this making Miz a "triple crown winner," I had just realized that a minute ago myself.

He needs a white leather jacket to go with DAT BELT.

· Registered
33,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I find it odd whats going on with the IC Title. The only way it was half way relevant is because Cody Rhodes had a desire to hold it and talked it up. Then Christian wins it randomly. Rhodes is a contender to win MITB, but Ziggler gets it and Rhodes seems forgotten after MITB. Then Miz returns and randomly wins the IC Title in a filler match on RAW.

I think its just a bone they threw Miz for stepping in and filming that movie. They can give him another accolade as a triple crown winner without really pushing him hard. Its the way the WWE is with Miz, always half hearted.
Ah yes, i forgot about this movie...makes more sense now lol

· Registered
6,148 Posts
Looks to me like WWE are switching the brands of the titles. Miz will be on RAW more prominently than Santino so my guess is that's what happens. Also, props to Cody Rhodes. He kept saying he was going to make the title more prestigious. Let's look at the evidence.

Champion before Cody Rhodes: Ezekiel Jackson
Champions after Cody Rhodes: The Big Show, Christian, The Miz. All of whom are former world champions. Miz became a triple crown champion after winning. Show and Christian I believe are the most recent Grand Slam Champions with Big Show achieving it by winning that IC title.

Onto The Miz, they give him mic time he'll do well with the title. It'll keep him relevant and he'll continue the work that has been steadily put into the title.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
I don't like it at all. That belt should've gone to Sandow, but with a heel holding the IC title, that probably means he's going to feud with an "ignoramus" in Santino for the US title and win it, which will not do any good because the US title is fucking pointless beyond what the word pointless even means in WWE.

I support Miz being a Grand Slam Champion, I really do, but it could not have come at a worse time. My biggest hope is that they just wanted to reward Miz with a big win on Raw 1000 for all the work he does for the company, gets his triple crown and then jobs the title right back to Christian on SmackDown or Raw 1001, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

· Registered
2,569 Posts
I don't like it at all. That belt should've gone to Sandow, but with a heel holding the IC title, that probably means he's going to feud with an "ignoramus" in Santino for the US title and win it, which will not do any good because the US title is fucking pointless beyond what the word pointless even means in WWE.

I support Miz being a Grand Slam Champion, I really do, but it could not have come at a worse time. My biggest hope is that they just wanted to reward Miz with a big win on Raw 1000 for all the work he does for the company, gets his triple crown and then jobs the title right back to Christian on SmackDown or Raw 1001, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Or perhaps Sandow wins it off Clownshoes and feuds with Christian?

· Registered
4,308 Posts

If they are switching the brands for the titles, then I do expect a SmackDown guy to take the U.S. Title off of Santino. Sandow is a SmackDown guy. SmackDown is the B-Show. So if they switch the belts, the A-Show RAW will have the WWE-created championships, while the B-Show SmackDown will have the NWA/WCW-made belts, which is how it should be.

· Often Imitated, Never Duplicated
7,672 Posts
Help me out here.
I'm a fan of Christian, I'm not a big fan of The Moz, yet when he won the IC Title, I marked out, lol. I don't how to explain that, did I have minor stroke? Should I see a doctor?​

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Or perhaps Sandow wins it off Clownshoes and feuds with Christian?
I'm assuming "clownshoes" is Miz? If so, it wouldn't make sense being that he's heel. If you're talking about the US title, that shouldn't happen.

If they are switching the brands for the titles, then I do expect a SmackDown guy to take the U.S. Title off of Santino. Sandow is a SmackDown guy. SmackDown is the B-Show. So if they switch the belts, the A-Show RAW will have the WWE-created championships, while the B-Show SmackDown will have the NWA/WCW-made belts, which is how it should be.
I agree that the WWE created titles on the A show and WCW titles on the B show is the correct format, but none of that matters when the brand split is effectively dead. Sandow was SmackDown exclusive but now he's appearing on Raw so he can go for either. He should NOT hold the US title. The US title is directionless, WWE has zero interest in it and it doesn't count towards anything. They've got to make up their mind, either make it part of the Triple Crown and start treating it like the IC title or get rid of it.

· Registered
4,308 Posts
I'm assuming "clownshoes" is Miz? If so, it wouldn't make sense being that he's heel. If you're talking about the US title, that shouldn't happen.

I agree that the WWE created titles on the A show and WCW titles on the B show is the correct format, but none of that matters when the brand split is effectively dead. Sandow was SmackDown exclusive but now he's appearing on Raw so he can go for either. He should NOT hold the US title. The US title is directionless, WWE has zero interest in it and it doesn't count towards anything. They've got to make up their mind, either make it part of the Triple Crown and start treating it like the IC title or get rid of it.
The brand split still exists for house shows, and I feel that they may re-instate it, hence why they've used Heath Slater, Tyson Kidd, Curt Hawkins, Tyler Reks, Hunico, Camacho, Titus O'Neil, Darren Young, and the Colons on TV a lot more often. Hence why they've had Alex Riley working longer matches against uppercarders like Tensai, Miz, and Rhodes on Superstars. To build up their credibility and make them more familiar to the audience, so that there are enough "over" superstars to maintain it. Plus we have HHH & Lesnar to carry the load on RAW (until Summerslam), along with Cena & Punk. Plus Miz is back, Rey is back, Orton and Barrett will be back any day now.

Sandow could very well be the guy who saves the U.S. Title. Either him, or Daniel Bryan who will no doubt take his anger out over being embarrassed on RAW by squashing someone; might as well be Santino for the belt.

· Registered
101 Posts
Help me out here.
I'm a fan of Christian, I'm not a big fan of The Moz, yet when he won the IC Title, I marked out, lol. I don't how to explain that, did I have minor stroke? Should I see a doctor?​
I know the feeling, actually. I love Christian, prior to a few weeks ago I wasn't too keen on The Miz. But recently I've been kind of okay with his presence. I think it's mostly for me that they really weren't doing anything with Christian. I liked seeing the belt on him because I genuinely like him as a wrestler, but it was painful to watch him drift in and out of one off matches every week. At least The Miz is prominent enough that he'll probably get some decent feuds and decent mic time with the belt. Or at the very least drop it back to Cody Rhodes after a feud.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.