Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

With RAW being a SuperShow featuring Smackdown wrestlers, The Brand Split has some-what ended. There are no longer RAW or Smackdown specific PPVs, and wrestlers appear on both shows sometimes. What are your thoughts on the Brand Extension, Brand specific PPVs, wrestlers appearing on both shows, etc? Should the brand split end for good? Or should WWE go back to having specific branded PPVs, ending the SuperShows, etc?

·
Registered
280 Posts
scrap the branding imo

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Kinda useless these days.

·
Registered
647 Posts
It has basically ended on Raw on TV, however the brand extension is still neccesary for the WWE Live Events.

The WWE don't want every single member of the roster travelling to every single live event each year. Splitting the roster in two allows the talent to have a slightly relaxed schedule and for the WWE to maximise the amount of live events it can put on a year.

This is the reason why the brand extension will never truly end, only being relaxed as it currently is.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
I kinda miss the days when it was rare for a Raw Superstar to go over to Smackdown and the same with Smackdown showing up on Raw, was a fun period tbh.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I kinda miss the days when it was rare for a Raw Superstar to go over to Smackdown and the same with Smackdown showing up on Raw, was a fun period tbh.
When the roster was deep it could be done, but now it is so depleted and lacking major talent it cannot be done.

·
Registered
526 Posts
They should get rid of the brand extension.
What's the point when RAW superstars appear on Smackdown and vice-versa.
There isn't enough starpower to keep both shows well. Most of the bigger names are on RAW and Smackdown is almost a jobber show.
They should disband the brand extension.
RAW for example has Cena,Jericho,CM Punk,HHH(occasionally)and all the big returns occur there.
The only big name Smackdown has is Randy Orton.
All the big storylines occur on RAW and Smackdown is filled with jobbers(excluding some superstars) and replays.
The brands aren't treated as equals.

·
Registered
280 Posts
with the brand extension we are limited to the matches available because big stars are kept apart from each other.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I hate it. Let Smackdown wrestlers be in their show and RAW in theirs, we don't need to see the same wrestlers to be in both shows. Brand exclusive PPV are kinda impossible right now because they aren't enough superstars to fill each PPV, but I want to see less good wrestlers on Superstars (the show) and more on the bigger shows, Smackdown & RAW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts