Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on RVD's world title run so far?

Personally i think it's so bad that sometimes i forget he's their champion. I mean i like RVD, don't get me wrong, but the guy is better off personally being the underdog fighting for the belt IMHO.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Boring.

Has he even had a fued? Its mostly just been a laid back "Yeah, you want my title? Well come and get it.. I'll probably beat you"

He said he'd have brilliant matches in TNA, quite frankly, hes the guy I'm least looking forward to seeing every PPV.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Boring! matches are all the same, no reason to care, he acts like he doesnt care! turn him heel and super arrogant or ditch him! Styles reign was miles better!

·
I live in a pineapple....under the sea.
530 Posts
i agree, he's kinda flopped since he came to tna...the only reason he's champ is coz the fans went nuts for him wen he debuted........if he keeps retaining i think he's gna end up the tna's version of cena

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Lackluster thus far but I don't blame that entirely on RVD. A lot of it has to do with TNA. This is the company that put Desmond Wolfe and RVD in the same ring together for the WHC and made it a match that was less then 5 minutes. Unreal. RVD can't go all the time so when he does step in the ring TNA should make sure its not less then 20 minutes. I wouldn't be opposed to RVD only having to wrestle in singles action twice a month. That would make 24 matches per year that would most likely be worth getting an RVD TNA DVD in the future for.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Boring!
AJ Styles title reign was phenomenally loads better - excuse the pun.
I never liked how they took the title of AJ in favour of RVD.
I find RVD very boring, lazy and doing the same moves every match.
I get the impression he is not really trying.
I have to admit I never watched RVD in ECW so I don't know how good of a wrestler he was but I have heard he was good.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'm bored. Can't believe I wanted Abyss to win the title from him. I feel like two (maybe the same) potentially great storylines have been squashed in favor of keeping him champion. Sting and Abyss are not interesting in the ring right now, but their stories are really good. RVD is not interesting in the ring or story wise. If they keep him as champion, they need to start using him better. Involve him in the ECW angle. I know, I need to have a little patience.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Horrible! His in ring ability has gone down a ton, and his mic skills are garbage! The promo he cut last night was horrible! Also, anytime he goes top rope he's either going to get thrown off and hit his head on the ramp or do a frog splash. Taz was freaking out about his flexibility because he can throw a few kicks, I mean come on! Joe throws similar kicks and he out weighs the guy by like 100 pounds!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
i said this since the beginning . Rvd is an egotistical arrogant lazy selfish person. All he cares about is being champion and nothing else. His matches are boring, he has done nothing with the title , and it really looks like he isnt putting too much effort out there. I hope he loses the title asap and could get the hell out of tna for all i care..

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
lazy. lackluster. boring. i wrote the other day that i hoped kennedy would take the title because if your going to keep saying that your heavyweight title is your main focus then you have to put it on somebody that is entertaining and that the fans care about. even though tna fans are assholes, kennedy is the closet thing to entertainment they have besides the pope. rvd is boring the hell out of me. like someone sai, sometimes i even for get that the guy is the champion. and the ratings systems is partly to blame for that too because as champion he just has to fight the next guy in line... he doesn't have the time to adaquetly build feuds to interest people. they just throw him in there. cas and point..the match with somoa joe..plz take the title from rvd. very boring run with the title. aj's title run wasn't great either,b but its better than this.

·
Registered
152 Posts
His title reign has been nothing but boring. I don't think anyone really cares about him, really he's the thing of the past. He needs to just help the young guys and let them shine. I has hoping that Abyss would of won the title, atleast his character is interesting since he's been heel. After what happened after the match yesterday it seems like it's gonna be Abyss vs. Rob Van Dam at Hard Justice and hopefully Abyss wins the title.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
What are your thoughts on RVD's world title run so far?

Personally i think it's so bad that sometimes i forget he's their champion. I mean i like RVD, don't get me wrong, but the guy is better off personally being the underdog fighting for the belt IMHO.

Agreed. I marked out like a little bitch when he won the title, but since then, like yourself, sometimes I've even FORGOT that he was even the champ. RVD is a great babyface, always was and always will but that's where it ends.

RVD has no backbone to him other than playing the crowd with his gimmick of representation of himself and nothing more. He's great in the ring obviously but other than that, his character lacks to tell a story and that's why he doesn't do much, ESP as a world champion. He barely had any title defenses and if and when he did, they weren't even memorable so to say the least, it's been horrible.

I miss the days of when the champion and the title had so much power that you could actually felt the energy and power that that person had while walking out with the belt through the television screen. When someone like DDP or Sting won the title, it felt pretty big and all eyes were on the champ. Nowadays, not so much. I hope TNA can give back power to the world title but who knows if it's even salvageable in todays day of wrestling.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Pretty much as expected.

A couple of standouts thanks to the right opponent, the rest the same-old same-old from the lazy RVD.

He's just never going to be the RVD of ECW; he's not going to destroy himself for the audience's approval as he used to, not going to push it as before.

On a personal level I can totally respect that. But it meant that I, and many others, always knew he would have a pretty lacklustre time in TNA because that's just how he's been the past few years.

·
Registered
843 Posts
The title around Anderson or/and the pope would be good imo, even Matt morgan with the title could be good the way he is portraying his character at the moment. Like I said in a previous post it seems alot of these ex-WWE guys who have already won the top titles there (WWE/WHC title)act as if they dont need to try as hard to become/remain champions in TNA as they probably see it as a lesser accomplishment in their entire wrestling career. That's why people like Christian, Anderson and Pope seem to bring their A game when it comes to TNA, Kurt Angle is one of the only ex-WWE wrestlers to win a top title there that seems to actually "CARE" about winning the title and putting on a good wrestling match.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Probably, would be better off chasing the belt. He is not the best interview. But he has a strong persona, he is a fighting champion and has good matches. I think he is fine, at this point who else do they have.
Any one of about seven people...

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I don't like him. His offense bores me. His kicks look stupid. I don't like him promos. Never been that big a fan of him tbh. I won't shit on him..just not my type of wrestler, I guess.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts