Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching some early episodes of Raw and by gawd this guy is worse than Adamle, Cole, modern day Lawler, Tazz and Tenay combined. Some of the things i've seen and heard from him:

- Referring to Koko B Ware as Gary Coleman
- Referring to Yokozuna as ''Yokozuma'' and comparing his arse to the size of an amphitheatre
- Shitty Elvis impressions
- Singing the Gilligans island theme to the point where Vince had to almost tell him to shut up
- impersonating Mike Tyson calling in to Raw live from prison

He only lasted about 3 months. The worst broadcaster in WWE history without a doubt

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Yeah, he was terrible. I don't know how he lasted even three months. I've seen matches from that era where the other commentators ignore him the entire time.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Easily the worst commentator I've ever heard.

You also missed where he claimed Shawn Michaels pulled a knife on Max Moon during a commercial break, or making an Amy Fisher rape joke.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Not a fan, I'm not sure how long he was there for but I wasn't big on his work really, he's on the little interview here at the end, which is actually quite a good interview to be fair, but it's not really Rob Bartlett that makes the interview.

Forward to 2:15

·
18,013 Posts
Yeah, he was only there briefly, you see him on the Raw - The Beginning DVD (Which is REALLY good by the way!!!).

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,322 Posts
If I remember correctly, he was a popular radio personality at the time. I think they thought he would bring in some crossover fans as well as a bit of an edge to the show. He didn't and thankfully they realized he was a failed experiment.
Though him being there so they had to ban Heenan from the arena was hilarious. Heenan in drag was worth three years of Bartlett.

·
Butter My Arse
11,762 Posts
Fuck me sideways, this guy was fucking atrocious. He's comparable to modern day Lawler, except maybe worse. His Elvis impersonation (for an ENTIRE episode of Raw) made me want to stick his blue suede shoes up his corpulent, cretinous, bulbous ass.

·
18,013 Posts
Fuck me sideways, this guy was fucking atrocious. He's comparable to modern day Lawler, except maybe worse. His Elvis impersonation (for an ENTIRE episode of Raw) made me want to stick his blue suede shoes up his corpulent, cretinous, bulbous ass.
He had no class!!! lol

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I thought rob sucked!

Why they insisted on using him in the beginning and not the great bobby heenan is beyond me.

Only time he entertained me was when Sherri and Luna beat the crap out of him in their big pull apart brawl on raw.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Yep dude was the WOAT.

He had no idea what he was doing. It was fun though watching Savage & Vince take subtle shots at him and him not even realising it.

Easily the worst announcer of all time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts