Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know there are two major kinds of people in the wrestling world, Cena haters and Cena fan-boys. I'll admit, if I were to chose between the two to describe myself I would lean towards Cena hater but only because of the SOS(same old shit) factor and his constant face status. I admire Cena as a good athlete and has charisma but that SOS just annoys me so much. When it comes to the Nexus, Cena haters LOVE them and fan-boys vise versa. When Cena had to join the Nexus something evil inside me came out because I found joy in seeing the look on all of the kids faces when Cena lost. I'm not the kind of person who takes pleasure in seeing children cry or suffer but that night I was grinning from ear to ear just listening to the silence. After the Survivor Series I was smiling even more. I just prey that WWE does something different and really shakes thing up.

Why I love the angle? I love the angle because it is one of the few times where the whole situation has a hopeless feeling to it. The last time I can remember and angle like this was the Stephanie / Triple H forced marriage angle but other than that I can't remember such a psychologically charged angle. There were nights were Barrett would just give Cena shit and there was nothing he could do about it and you could tell that it effected all the Cena fans. The way Nexus pushed Cena around, particular one part were Barrett threw water in Cena's face. It seemed like for almost five years Cena was the superman and all his fans thought he could do anything. Then when Nexus came around it was like a cold splash of reality that showed everyone that the good don't always prevail and immortality is just an illusion.

Wade Barrett just makes the whole Nexus work. He has great mic skills and he is also a large specimen. He reminds me of the Batman character Bane, who was a criminal mastermind but unlike villains such as the Riddler, he had the muscles to back it up. Barrett is simply the best heel I've seen in about five years. Most of the heels I've seen in the past just try to annoy the crowd, Barrett almost doesn't even acknowledge the crowd and focuses more on the enemy at hand. I've never seen Barrett come out and say "Your town sucks". Almost every time he has had something to say about or directly to the foe at hand.

Now as for Nexus being called a modern day nWo or Evolution, I'd have to disagree. While they are similar to the nWo and Evolution I would categorize them as a group all their own. The nWo was never a group of unknown up-and-comers who just barged onto the scene and held the company by the balls. They didn't even have a veteran leader as the face of the stable, they were just the Nexus. I've never seen a group make as big an impact in such a small amount of time and I really have to tip my hat to the creative team to take such a risk by plunging a bunch of un-provens into the spotlight as the main company heels.

Hope it wasn't too long.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Whilst I enjoy seeing the kids shed tears over Cena's situation, I have to admit the whole thing with him being Nexus' bitch actually made him more sympathetic and I find myself cheering for him (!).

I think the thing to do for Nexus right now is to build up its members as individuals. Aside from Barrett and Otunga, they're all still random guys wearing an N T-Shirt to me.

·
Registered
802 Posts
i hadnt watched t ina while but i was keeping up to date through my friend and he told me about the free or fired match and i acually wanted cena to turn his back on the wwe fans and join nexus id of marked so much over that some people might say its just like stone cold but this would of been more powerfull with cena loving his fans

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wade Barrett just makes the whole Nexus work. He has great mic skills and he is also a large specimen. He reminds me of the Batman character Bane, who was a criminal mastermind but unlike villains such as the Riddler, he had the muscles to back it up. Barrett is simply the best heel I've seen in about five years. Most of the heels I've seen in the past just try to annoy the crowd, Barrett almost doesn't even acknowledge the crowd and focuses more on the enemy at hand. I've never seen Barrett come out and say "Your town sucks". Almost every time he has had something to say about or directly to the foe at hand.
While I agree with you, I always get a good laugh when a heel insults the city they're in. The Miz is the best at that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts