Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new member. Ive started doing reviews etc with a friend on YouTube, during doing this we reviwed TLC. During this review it came to my attention how long Kane has actually held the belt for. I think it was a dumb move then and still now. I wonder who in this day and age gives a fuck about Kane.

Basically what do you guys think?

Also heres my review on TLC if any of you care enough to watch it, feedback and advice is always appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI3gj9UiKGo

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Kane was arguably the most deserving person to ever get a decent title reign before he got it last summer. And IMO his reign was too short. He did defend it against the likes of Rey-Rey, Taker and Edge, but he should have held longer. Edge don't need the WHC, not that Kane do, but he's more deserving of a world title. Edge has a world title on 10 different occasions for the last 4 years, he's overrated, and actually boring as hell.

You may not like Kane, and that's okay, but to say it was a dumb move and ask if anybody still gives a fuck about Kane is pretty stupid. You should have seen this forum when Kane won the title, everybody was happy, although many of them lost interest quickly, everybody was happy, because someone else finally won the world title, and that someone was a deserving one.

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
Kane was arguably the most deserving person to ever get a decent title reign before he got it last summer. And IMO his reign was too short. He did defend it against the likes of Rey-Rey, Taker and Edge, but he should have held longer. Edge don't need the WHC, not that Kane do, but he's more deserving of a world title. Edge has a world title on 10 different occasions for the last 4 years, he's overrated, and actually boring as hell.

You may not like Kane, and that's okay, but to say it was a dumb move and ask if anybody still gives a fuck about Kane is pretty stupid. You should have seen this forum when Kane won the title, everybody was happy, although many of them lost interest quickly, everybody was happy, because someone else finally won the world title, and that someone was a deserving one.
I wasn't at all happy. In fact, Kane winning went a long way to turning me off SmackDown!.

Kane's title reign was okay. On one hand, he stepped his game up promo-wise and cut the best stuff we've ever seen from him. On the other hand, his feud with The Undertaker was boring, featured an obvious Paul Bearer turn that went nowhere in the end, and his feud with Edge has been far from entertaining. His wrestling was like it's always been too - far from inspiring and quite a bore to watch. So as a title reign, it was fairly horrible, but as a performer Kane probably went to a place he hadn't been in a long time. Still, in retrospect, I would have traded off Kane holding the title and developing for Swagger never losing the title to Mysterio and enjoying a long reign instead.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
i think too little to late for Kane they should of given Kane his big push in 2000-2002 when Kane was over and relavent in the WWE. I know people use the HHH screwed Kane out his push in 2002 when they did their program but they had other shots to give Kane a main event push. Look at Kane he is 10 years older and not the worker he was during his good run of 98-02. If WWE pulled the trigger on Kane even 3 years ago in 07 he could of been better than what we got in 2010

·
Banned
864 Posts
Kane is one of the most boring, slow moving, abysmal superstars I've ever seen in my life as a three year wrestling fan. He barely wrestled any matches after he won the title, he doesn't carry himself properly. And in all honesty, he just treats that belt like that one Christmas decoration under your tree that no one ever looks at until you mention it.

What a joke ¬ ¬

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Kane is one of the most boring, slow moving, abysmal superstars I've ever seen in my life as a three year wrestling fan. He barely wrestled any matches after he won the title, he doesn't carry himself properly. And in all honesty, he just treats that belt like that one Christmas decoration under your tree that no one ever looks at until you mention it.

What a joke ¬ ¬
Agreed.

·
2,775 Posts
I used to be a fan of Kane's in-ring work, but it's just not entertaining anymore, and it's so much beyond boring it's getting to the point where I can't enjoy any Kane match. I didn't mind Kane's title reign, it was admittedly better than I thought it would be atleast, on the brightside of things. Although the feud with Taker really dragged on and I wasn't much of a fan of the feud.

With that said, I also agree that Kane was deserving of atleast one run with the World Championship, but I think they gave it to him too late in his career, when he should of held it for more than one day back in 98'.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts

What a joke ¬ ¬

3 year wrestling fan is why you don;t understand. Kane doesn;t carry himself properly? Backstage he is one of the most respected and profesional wrestlers ever to step foot in the business. His gimmick is he is less concerned with belts and more after just destroying people and has always been that way. He did great with his promos albit they were a bit over edited and over produced and he made the best of the predictable storyline that was handed to him.

Also he is pretty athletic for his age and size.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
3 year wrestling fan is why you don;t understand. Kane doesn;t carry himself properly? Backstage he is one of the most respected and profesional wrestlers ever to step foot in the business. His gimmick is he is less concerned with belts and more after just destroying people and has always been that way. He did great with his promos albit they were a bit over edited and over produced and he made the best of the predictable storyline that was handed to him.

Agreed

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
I wasn't at all happy. In fact, Kane winning went a long way to turning me off SmackDown!.
This.

The further we got into Kane's title reign, the more my desirability to watch SmackDown decreased, he was boring as hell, I would've said Kane deserved to win a world title back in 2003-2005 but most certainly not in the year 2010 when he is considerably passed it.

·
Banned
864 Posts

Athletic?? Are you fucking kidding me?? He's as mobile as Khali and is extremely out of shape. Every time he's gaining momentum in a match he'll fall on his ass and take forever to restart.

I don't need to be a three year fan to know how shitty Kane's in ring style and championship reigns are. I know the about the one day World Title reign from 1998, I know the stupid rivalry with Matt Hardy over Lita from 2004.

And if his gimmick is destroying everyone, why did they give him the title in the first place? Even if he wasn't holding the World Title, his feud with Taker wouldn't change in the slightest.

Sure, the promos were okay, but when we have to hear him talk the same bullshit week after week after week, it gets pretty old.

You sir, earn yourself one facepalm point fpalm

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
As good as Kane's mic work was, it wasn't enough to carry his terrible in-ring performances and feuds. The whole reason Kane was champion was that it could progress his feud with Taker but after that feud was paused, him holding the title was pointless and got boring pretty fast.

Although his reign wasn't terrible, but it just wasn't good.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Athletic?? Are you fucking kidding me?? He's as mobile as Khali and is extremely out of shape. Every time he's gaining momentum in a match he'll fall on his ass and take forever to restart.

I don't need to be a three year fan to know how shitty Kane's in ring style and championship reigns are. I know the about the one day World Title reign from 1998, I know the stupid rivalry with Matt Hardy over Lita from 2004.

And if his gimmick is destroying everyone, why did they give him the title in the first place? Even if he wasn't holding the World Title, his feud with Taker wouldn't change in the slightest.

Sure, the promos were okay, but when we have to hear him talk the same bullshit week after week after week, it gets pretty old.

I know you are trying to prove a point but that is the biggest exaggeration i've ever heard. Name some other guys his age and size that still go off the top rope in every match. I clearly didnt say he's fucking brock lesnar in terms athletic ability. And since you brought up kane in his prime, he really was athletic for being his size.

Another point is yes, he does have shitty storylines. That just proofs he is a good employee and follows what directions are given to him

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Kane literally stopped me watching Smackdown, no joke. I thought he was awful, his promos were ridiculoud, the feud with Undertaker was ridiculoud and went on forever and the PPV matches were some of the worst I've seen in a long while. His title reign was terrible. I watched his reign for the first two PPVs and it just got worse and worse, caugh a few clips with this feud with Edge and it was just stupid.

In one word. Terrible.

·
I simply love Ana Ivanovic
163 Posts

Are you serious?? Kane is very mobile and agile for a man of his height and weight. At a certain time of his career, Kane was doing enzuigiri and his diving clothesline on a regular basis.

What a joke ¬ ¬
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Go watch some youtube videos of Kane back in 2000-2002 and you'll see that Kane was everything but boring.

Back on the main topic, I really enjoyed his title run. I waited 10+ years to witness that day when he cashed his MITB vs Rey and I enjoyed every second of his title run since he probably has 1-2 years left before he retires. I would have prefer a title run when he debuted (longer than 24 hr.) or right after he unmasked when he was an unstopable monster. It would have been more relevant. He put some good matches over the course of his run and his promos were decents. I really hope he doesn't go back to the jobber he used to be and still be in the main event scene.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I was glad when Kane won it, as I was a strong fan of his in the Attitude days as a kid. But his run got really old really fast.

But, the real issue is here, what's with all the newbs trying to score hits for their YouTube reviews lately? I don't mind if it's in a sig, but to start a thread saying "Hai come see mai kontrovershul review of the worst PPV of the year!!" is annoying. No one cares, we can form our own opinions thanks. Morons.

·
Registered
218 Posts

What a joke ¬ ¬
Read that again. And again.

Kid, you are the joke. And a terrible one at that too.
You personify this adage: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt".

GTFO, troll.

·
Registered
116 Posts
So manny negative comments about Kane wtf ? Kane is a incredeble Wrestler its sad that he lost his Title. Too short for him and know Edge is again Champion its not that I dont like edge no he is a awsome wrestler but lets get serious havent we see not enough edge beeing campion for now ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts