Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daniel Bryan had cashed in on Big Show at TLC 2011, and after that he started slowly progressing as a douchey heel. Getting himself disqualifed against Big Show, escaping a Lumber Jack match with Henry, and even causing Show to knock over AJ Lee.

Adding on to his heel role, of barely escaping with his title. Was his Victories over Show and Henry inside the cage, as well as the Chamber match (came down to him and Santino) and finally losing his title to Sheamus at Mania.

He would stay heel for quite awhile, feuding with Punk, messing with AJ Lee, eventually getting paired with Kane and slowly turning face from there.

My question did any of you guys enjoy his heel work in WWE?

Cause I thought it was really good. Some small moments that I enjoyed was him telling AJ to "Shut up" in one segment stating that he was leaving the arena in a prius. Also I really enjoyed the "Yes" chant back then as well, when he was using it in a dickish rubbing it type of way.

He also delivered some great matches against Punk, one against Sheamus, and really got to showcase some decent mic / character work.

Though Daniel Bryan's face run overshadowed everything else (and rightfully so), I for one seriously loved his heel stuff.

Wanted to see what everyone else thought?

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
Smiling Bliss
4,902 Posts
fuck him. terrible wrestler.

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input :eyeroll2

I loved his heel work. I only wish he incorperated "I HAVE TILL FIVE!!!" In today's catchphrase happy world I think it could have been huge... but I guess lack of a catchphrase was the last thing Bryan had to worry about lol
That and I wish he had done the "whoa" with the surfboard a lot more lol

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,603 Posts
Heel Daniel Bryan is the only Daniel Bryan I ever liked.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
I enjoyed the hell out of team Hell No. But then again, I love all the comedy shit, no matter how silly it is. I probably wouldn't trade paranoid heel, McMahon kissass Austin for a more serious heel incarnation, because at the end of the day, entertainment is paramount.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I enjoyed some aspects, but Daniel Bryan is overall unconvincing as a heel. Half-smiling everything.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
That period was the best of his career imo. Lost interest during the actual yes movement as it became forced by the fans at a time when the company didn't give a shit about him so the story was kind of rushed at the last second.

·
Superintendent of the Sacred Coffeechamber
2,671 Posts
Loved it. That heel run got me behind Bryan ever since, and it feels surreal looking back at his journey from that point on.

Reactions: Jay Valero

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
He was very annoying tbh

inb4 someone says "he was a heel so he did his job right"

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
It was gold, got the Yes chant over, him berating & humiliating AJ Lee, celebrating every win like a WM Main-event win, escaping that cage & so on. Remember when Show knocked over AJ Lee & was crying & Bryan was verbally abusing him for intentionally doing it. The stuff they did with Show, Bryan & AJ Lee !

He was an amazing wrestler & this heel turn got his character over, made him show more variety & guile - Really set up for that big face run !

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Loved it. Obviously he was a great face but his heel work really does get overlooked and I honestly believe it was his heel run that helped him get over to the level that he did. During his heel run not only did he continue to have good/great matches (probably had better matches during his heel run than his 2010-2012 face run) but he also showed a lot more character and personality and he had some good moments on the mic as well. As for Team Hell No, that was a pair that shouldn't of worked but did. Bryan and Kane just had great chemistry and them Dr Shelby segments are still funny to this day and the fans loved them so not only did it help Bryan but it also helped Kane.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts