Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really haven't heard many people discuss him on here and wondered what your thoughts were on him?

I for one think he is yet another good, unique character for NXT. I liked his promo he cut on Breeze right before Breeze attacked him and I think he is just a decent mid-card guy. I don't think he will ever be a champion or anything, but he plays the part well and he is alright in the ring.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Not intended to be a serious character, and I doubt he'd ever do anything important, but that's sorta the good thing about NXT. Is if many guys from NXT are the future card fillers of RAW/SD, I'll love it.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
His hippie gimmick is horrible and is nothing special in ring or on the mic.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
His stupid new age hippy gimmick is awful. People are suppose to cheer for him why, because he dances like a retard? If he is going to be face I say make him a stoned tripping hippy.

Or turn him heel and make him one of those college liberal hippy types that blame fat Americans for global warming.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
His gimmick has the seeds of something workable in it, but it needs to be tweaked. Instead of going full-bore 60s hippie, he needs to update it with something like this:

Or these music festival kids:

There's something very authentic and funny there, especially if you draw from the core demographic of these groups - bourgeois young people running around and borrowing other people's subcultures because they're bored. Just like their parents, and their parents before them did.

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty awkward to watch him almost stumble around like he's drunk, although he does have a decent look and is agile. His comedy is once again too awkward for me and just seems forced.

·
Registered
14,422 Posts
His gimmick has the seeds of something workable in it, but it needs to be tweaked. Instead of going full-bore 60s hippie, he needs to update it with something like this:

Or these music festival kids:

There's something very authentic and funny there, especially if you draw from the core demographic of these groups - bourgeois young people running around and borrowing other people's subcultures because they're bored. Just like their parents, and their parents before them did.
Definitely this. I never liked the gimmickless Parker, but this 60's era hippie gimmick is beyond lame and dated. As you say he should have at least updated it to be relevant now. A hipster would have been great, but he could even be one of those new age hippie types - but the stereotypical 60's caricature is beyond played out and unimaginative.

·
Lurking. Always lurking.
4,725 Posts
So far I'm not impressed. I won't write him off or anything (not just yet anyway), but seeing as how NXT is filled with awesome people like Kruger, Zayn, Amore, Breeze etc he's really going to have to step his game up to not pale in comparison...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts