Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is the wrong section I wasn't sure where this would go

Personally I think Vader was tremendous as a wrestler and character, he had a good look,presence and an all around solid gimmick and his in-ring work was great for a giant like himself especially the Vader-Sault, despite his controversial moment with Shawn Micheals(Summerslam 96' I believe) I've enjoyed what I've seen from him and I believe he is a true legend.

·
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone
5,893 Posts
One of the best workers of all time, top 25 with ease I'd say. Perhaps the greatest man on offence ever, made each control segment entertaining and brutal with how hard he hit and was agile enough to bump emphatically to put over his opponents as credible threats whilst retaining his immense presence.

Vader vs Lawler in Memphis is THE lost match-up we deserved to see in our lifetime, one of the greatest monsters/heels against one of the greatest babyfaces/icons of a territory, would have been the shit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry if this is the wrong section I wasn't sure where this would go

Personally I think Vader was tremendous as a wrestler and character, he had a good look,presence and an all around solid gimmick and his in-ring work was great for a giant like himself especially the Vader-Sault, despite his controversial moment with Shawn Micheals(Summerslam 96' I believe) I've enjoyed what I've seen from him and I believe he is a true legend.
Agree on all counts. I can still remember watching his squash matches at the start of his WCW run in awe as a 10yr old (1992/93-ish); for some reason this match against a young Marcus (Buff) Bagwell always stuck in my mind:

·
Pico pal q lee
3,092 Posts
I love matches that have a "David vs Goliath" dynamic and Vader mastered that kind of match. He was just a fucking awesome stiff beast that most of time played his role to perfection. Very athletic for someone his size and he just knew how to work a crowd.

The best "super heavyweight" ever and a Top 15 north american wrestler for me.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Ya, Vader is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time myself. He needs to be in the hall of fame. I love his matches in All Japan too, they are great.

·
Registered
491 Posts
One of my favorites.

His NJPW run was legendary. The size, power, agility, workrate, charisma, showmanship.

His Black Horn metal headgear with the smoke shooting out was awesome.

Powerbomb and Moonsaults, one of a kind talent. Bigelow was similar, that's why they worked together as a team in Japan.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,025 Posts
He's arguably the best big man wrestler of all time, but then again, there's not much competition either. I think the fact he was misused in WWE is a travesty, and is proberly the the only time i've seen a former World Champion being booked to shit. You could make an argument for DDP as well I guess but my point is, Vader should have been booked better and I think if he was, an Undertaker/Vader fued would have been a lot bigger.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
"Who's the man!!!" You are Vader, you are.

He should have crushed Shawn Micheals at Summerslam '96. He was kinda a joke in WWF after his first year (probably due to the Kuwait incident that got him arrested and detained in country for a month) but man he was great wherever else he worked.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
He was the greatest monster heel of the modern era, and took stiffness to new heights of brutality.

Will never forget him teeing off on Cactus' face in the earlier 90s, squashing jobbers, and later taking Ken Shamrock's head off.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The booking of Vader -- one more thing WCW did right that WWE didn't.

As a kid Vader vs Taker was a bigger dream match for me than Sting vs Undertaker and then the match happened.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
a giant dude who could move like the wind for his size

1 - 20 of 31 Posts