Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought a large bracket tournament for the tag team devision would be great lasting over several weeks leading up to a PPV.

Storyline wise anyone is allowed to enter this could lead to great storylines where a member of a team signs up with someone else creating a new team. A superstar adds another superstar without their knowledge, older teams returning, teams being called up or someone from the other brand comes over to join a team.

Just want to get your thoughts.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I like the Idea but I would do it with actual tag teams though. Don't want two random people thrown together just for the tournament.

This could easily be The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Thing they do on NXT.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the Idea but I would do it with actual tag teams though. Don't want two random people thrown together just for the tournament.

This could easily be The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Thing they do on NXT.
Sometimes I believe that Random people thrown together create amazing teams. The new day for example or Bigshow and Jerico

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
No more tournaments, please. We have like two a month it seems as it is. And don't we already have the Dusty tournament in NXT?

A Tag Team tournament just guarantees a lot of crappy, one-off, thrown together teams with stupid names having many meaningless matches with no long-term benefit. They tried this "tag team initiative" garbage in 2013 and it was laughably lazy and led to NOTHING. At least with the UK and CW tournament, they're niche divisions that don't have much place on the main shows and wouldn't be showcased otherwise, but the tag team division? That needs A LOT of work and a gimmick tournament isn't going to solve any problems, just take up talent and time.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
Teddy Long. Is that you?

I like it. But I'd want to limit it to real tag teams, not just two random guys thrown together, which is an easy enough fix, just put in a kayfabe rule that an entry has to have teamed for a certain amount of time. I also wouldn't mind them doing it like the cruiserweight or wemons tornament where they get tag teams from all over the world.

·
Registered
32,160 Posts
It's too many tournaments right now for my liking personally. It seems like there's been a big tournament or 2 every year the last few years. Their tag divisions need more help than a tournament can fix

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts