Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) I woke up with this,sorry

Funny team with great theme.It's shame it happened when WWF was on fire.
What do you think about them?

Reactions: Themids

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Talented group with good matches against the Yung Dragons, Evan Karagias was famously an absolute knob end though and it came across on camera. The stuff with Tank Abbott was funny for a little while but like usual they milked the shit out of it

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thought they were a great stable and a very funny parody of all the boy bands that were around at that time.

I remember them having an epic ladder match against the Yung Dragons once

·
Premium Member
15,557 Posts
I liked it. A lot actually.

Because it took 3 guys, who weren't going to amount to shit in that environment and made them stand out. Even better, they put them against 3 other guys who weren't going to amount to shit in that environment and got some good matches out of it in 2000. I even liked the Tank Abbot involvement.

Great booking, IMO, because it was a play off pop culture at the time and worked well, based solely on the look of Helms, Karagias and Moore. It reminds me of ECW style booking, kind of like the FBI, which had 2 (3 counting JT Smith) who were as Italian as french fries but the gimmick got over. Sadly today, that kind of stable is known as 3MB, who really have no purpose. 3 Count had a purpose and that was to steal the show with the Yung Dragons.

And it was a helluva lot better than what Karagias was doing with Madusa.

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
A theme so horrible, it was actually kinda awesome.

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
Three Count is an example of Vince Russo making something out of nothing.

Originally Karaigas was a low midcarder who jobbed to Madusa, Shannon Moore and Shane Helms were both jobbing on WCW Saturday Night and Worldwide.

Russo gives them a gimmick that got them a lot of heat and got them on TV regularly. As for what I thought, they were great.

·
Registered
844 Posts
It really fit that time period with how huge boy bands like the Backstreet Boys and N'Sync were at the time. They were talented wrestlers too. I marked out the first time I saw Tank Abbott come out and try to dance with them. It was hilarious.

·
Registered
844 Posts
They were similar to Too Cool but Too Cool was initially just two nerdy white boys doing a pretty fly for a white guy type of gimmick.

3 Count was basically a boy band gimmick with singing etc. Too Cool never did that kind of stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
IF they were in WWE I thought for sure they would be the Pattersons boys if ya see what I mean

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Stupid. Never found entertainment in their work.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Highly underrated. Managed to get fairly intense heel heat, which was the point. They were far superior to their WWE counterparts (Too Cool), both in Wrestling ability and gimmick. It was actually hilarious, and even though I rarely watched WCW by 2000, I would leave it on Nitro just to see some of their angles. What I find amusing is that WWE ranked them one of the worst tag team ideas of the Nitro years. I think the WWE was just jealous that they did not think about it, as I could have seen it getting over huge if they were on Raw.

"Get up on your feet
Put your hands together
Sing along with Three Count
We'll party up forever

We like the Back Street Boys
N*Sync, too
Britney Spears is kinda cute
We watch TRL on MTV

Everybody Three Count
3!!"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts