Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember the time when the WWE Superstars would wrestle for the troops as well as female talents dressed in sexy Santa Dresses. Ah, those were the days.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I'm generally not a fan of WWE's pandering, regardless of what its about. This is Vince's company. He's a scumbag who panders just for the money and publicity and nothing else. I'd rather he just be honest about it.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,149 Posts
Don't know what this thread is supposed to be about but I raised in a military-skeptic household (still don't really give any special respect anyone for getting paid to do a job, troops or not) and for me tribute to the troops was just about seeing my favorite wrestlers, that's about it

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I'm not American and considering America is the big bully in the playground when it comes to military operations, the pandering to blind American patriotism is nauseating.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
It's a nice thing to do a show for the troops, but unfortunately I always thought Tribute to the Troops was boring. It was a very generic show, and they didn't further storylines on it, so it wasn't a real compelling watch.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
As someone who lives outside the USA, it means nothing to me. It was only slightly interesting when they actually went overseas for it, now they half-ass it and just do it in the USA lol.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Well, that's not my Army, that's not my country. Therefore, I'm not a fan.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I haven't watched it in years, but it would be cool to see it outdoors at a military base with all of the troops surrounding the ring again.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Predictable, boring show. The faces have to win all the matches... so what is the point?

As others have said, it was better when it was actually done overseas on a base. Honestly I don't know why they even air it anymore; it's a house show with a gimmick.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm generally not a fan of WWE's pandering, regardless of what its about. This is Vince's company. He's a scumbag who panders just for the money and publicity and nothing else. I'd rather he just be honest about it.

Eh, generally yes, but I don’t think this applies to his military outreach. There’s plenty of ways to pander to the military that doesn’t involve personally traveling to an active war zone and putting on a show for the troops.

Vince genuinely loves the military and wants to give back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts