Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enlighten me.

Haven't watched wrestling for about a year now, but love the royal rumble in general. I love the concept, especially since 40 men were involved this men ("Biggest Royal Rumble" ever). So I ordered it and hoped maybe this would get me interested to give WWE another chance.

1. Nexus and The Corre went at it before the match, yet during the match none of the Nexus members were left (thanks to Super-Cena) to take on The Corre.

2. Booker T and Nash make their highly anticipated debut which lasted 1-2 minutes. Yet Hornswoggle and Santino got more time? The "Diesil" character hasn't been around for about 15 years, so this is the kind of return he gets? Even the crowd was chanting for more Diesil after he was eliminated. I didn't expect him to make the final 5, but couldn't he had been in the match for atleast 5 minutes?

3. Since Nexus was dominating, wouldn't it have made sense to turn the lights out in the arena, with the sound of Taker's bell, lights go back on, all Nexus members are laid out (not elminated). You didn't even need Taker in the physical-sense. (This is assuming Taker is coming back after the Nexus.)

4. Orton comes out after CM is elminated?

5. Kane gets the convenant 40th spot, and doesn't do crap. (same for the Big Show)

6. Couldn't Del Rio have just wrestled for the title at Mania without winning the Rumble? Couldn't someone on Raw that would have been more "crowd friendly" win? (Hell, even let Barret win)

·
FOTC
11,386 Posts
Enlighten me.

Haven't watched wrestling for about a year now, but love the royal rumble in general. I love the concept, especially since 40 men were involved this men ("Biggest Royal Rumble" ever). So I ordered it and hoped maybe this would get me interested to give WWE another chance.

1. Nexus and The Corre went at it before the match, yet during the match none of the Nexus members were left (thanks to Super-Cena) to take on The Corre.

2. Booker T and Nash make their highly anticipated debut which lasted 1-2 minutes. Yet Hornswoggle and Santino got more time? The "Diesil" character hasn't been around for about 15 years, so this is the kind of return he gets? Even the crowd was chanting for more Diesil after he was eliminated. I didn't expect him to make the final 5, but couldn't he had been in the match for atleast 5 minutes?

3. Since Nexus was dominating, wouldn't it have made sense to turn the lights out in the arena, with the sound of Taker's bell, lights go back on, all Nexus members are laid out (not elminated). You didn't even need Taker in the physical-sense. (This is assuming Taker is coming back after the Nexus.)

5. Kane gets the convenant 40th spot, and doesn't do crap. (same for the Big Show)

6. Couldn't Del Rio have just wrestled for the title at Mania without winning the Rumble? Couldn't someone on Raw that would have been more "crowd friendly" win? (Hell, even let Barret win)

Del Rio needed this win to push him to his World Title match to WM. What good what it do for Cena to win the Rumble, or Orton -- they don't need it.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
Enlighten me.

1. What happen in the beginning was a tease, they can have the match WM.

2. They did what there was suppose to do, you give the fans a little taste and they are gonna want more.

3. Taker might not be physically ready, If you have him tease a return and don't follow up on it with an appearance on SD, then you'll be leaving fans disappointed. It would also take away the focus from the faction vs faction scenario.

4. Punk had a great showing tonight and Orton coming was a wtf moment but it gave the curiosity of "what if he wins it?". I would have been piss if he did.

5. Good, he was just there to break the record of being in the most rumbles.

6. Alberto wining is refreshing and was well deserved.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
1. What happen in the beginning was a tease, they can have the match WM.

2. They did what there was suppose to do, you give the fans a little taste and they are gonna want more.

3. Taker might not be physically ready, If you have him tease a return and don't follow up on it with an appearance on SD, then you'll be leaving fans disappointed. It would also take away the focus from the faction vs faction scenario.

4. Punk had a great showing tonight and Orton coming was a wtf moment but it gave the curiosity of "what if he wins it?". I would have been piss if he did.

5. Good, he was just there to break the record of being in the most rumbles.

6. Alberto wining is refreshing and was well deserved.
^

This.

The problem with the OP is that his requirements for getting back into the WWE viewership are highly specific, so much that it's impossible to please him without some sort of complaint.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Okay let me ask you this:

How does it make you feel that a 33 year-old WWE rookie, that has been with the company for 7 months has won the convenant Royal Rumble and will be headlining the greatest event in wrestling history? I mean, how many potential stars with great talent have we seen WWE drop down to jobber status in the past? All I'm saying is new wrestlers are enterting the company faster than ever (NXT) and there's obviously not room for everyone to become a main-eventer or a midcarder. So, if the WWE decides to drop Del Rio to mid-card status or even jobber status because he's not reliable, or he's injury prone, or he's been caught using illegal substances, or some other reason (backstage politics). Do you feel that this will somehow impact, or even SLIGHTLY discredit the list of prior RR winners? I feel the WWE should've let someone who has more credibility win the Rumble. If this was the King of the Ring tournament we were talking about, I wouldn't bother bringing up such a question.

·
Registered
859 Posts
ADR has credibility...He's been around for a long time on the international scene... kind of like someone coming over from WCW to start main eventing right away back in 99-01

vince is not worried and they're going to shoot him to the moon

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ADR has credibility...He's been around for a long time on the international scene... kind of like someone coming over from WCW to start main eventing right away back in 99-01

vince is not worried and they're going to shoot him to the moon
Backstage politics still comes to mind, especially in the WWE. The international scene and wwe scene can be compared indeed, but they can also be contrasted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.