Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've been a long time lurker but this hatred for the Sin Cara match at HIAC has given me a reason to post because I'm curious about something. The match was your typical Lucha Libre match and it worked so I'm wondering of those who hated it, how many of you are truly familiar with Lucha Libre (AAA, CMLL, etc)?

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
It wasn't your typical Lucha Libre match at all, because they mixed it with WWE style punches and kicks. It didn't work at all and the fans started chanting boring

·
Banned
23 Posts
People expected it to be a lot more fast paced and high flying but it turned out to be slow and boring with meaningless high flying moves just being done once or twice every so often just to give the crowd something to cheer about for a second then it's back to slower wrestling. It was a disappointment from what people thought it would be.

·
Xbox is about to become the next water cooler.
495 Posts
The bad move was putting Hunico in a PPV way too soon...... Stupid people/people who don't read online stuff are still confused about whats going on and who the real Sin Cara is..

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,221 Posts
Was lucha libre??? If that was I never ever want to see one of those matches because it was god awful. One of the worst paperview matches I have seen this year imo. Enjoyed the rest for the most part but not that match

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
To be fair, I don't really care for lucha libre spotfests, i mean matches...

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
It could, and should have been a lot better in my opinion. I'm hoping this isn't the final match between the two, and they do step it up the next time they wrestle.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Let's be honest here, the crowd sucked the pure life out of it more than anything. You could tell within the first 2 minutes that the match would fall flat due to the crowd acting like cunts.

To open they did a few fast paced sequences, as is often the case, with short pauses inbetween to provoke a crowd reaction via cheer or clap and appreciation for their work, but the crowd simply didn't give back the effort the Superstars put in.

Bottom line is the crowd fucking sucked up until the Henry vs. Orton match - one of the more slow, methodical storylines in WWE today, which is a testament to how crowds react when storylines aren't "rushed".

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
I think this whole Sin Cara storyline has been confusing and stupid. The match was alright IMO...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Was lucha libre??? If that was I never ever want to see one of those matches because it was god awful. One of the worst paperview matches I have seen this year imo. Enjoyed the rest for the most part but not that match
Pay-Per-View

And yes that match blew ass.

It was boring, not because of the slow wrestling. I like that. It was boring because it had a been there, done that feel to it. All the running and jumping isn't going to do anything if you keep missing moves.

·
The Cornerstone Of The Corner Store
3,164 Posts
Well that's what you get when you try to mix the boring WWE style with the fast paced Lucha Libre style. That's why I love CZW (and used to love IWA East Coast) because it offers something for everybody (a deathmatch, a spotfest/fast paced match, technical matches, tag team matches etc..) WWE needs to go that route imo and offer more diverse styles (without the deathmatches ofcourse).

·
Registered
634 Posts
There were some great moves but there was ZERO flow and the botched moves looked like they occured because the guys weren't on the same page. This match was disappointing- I have no clue what the problem was this time: Lighting? can't see because of the masks? restrictions? real life tension? No idea. But with all of this said, I don't think it was as godawful as people say.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts