Wrestling Forum banner

Those things in wrestling that just annoy you.

6485 Views 101 Replies 59 Participants Last post by  Bubz
I hate how every remotely good match (sometimes not even that) is a "fantastic" or "excellent" contest in the eyes and words of WWE announcers (namely Cole and Grisham), and how if two wrestlers have a feud that lasts a while the matches they have are automatucally "a series of classic battles" no matter how bad they actually turned out.

You turn.
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

· Banned
6,072 Posts
Submissions that end an MMA fight in a matter of seconds, being used as 60-90 second false finishes in pro wrestling.

· Masonic!
1,577 Posts
Davey Richards bandwagon fans.

Short TV matches.

WWE's ridiculously bland new PPV names.

Undertaker's 12th return that is meant to get me all hyped up.

Misawa, Kobashi & friends leaving AJPW high & Dry.

PWG's patchy/random in-ring style.

Chikara fans.

Hornswoggle

Triple H and his pals.

I'm sure there is a billion things.

· Registered
212 Posts
TNA fans. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more embarrassing than the actual product (which is bad enough).

Also, the Davey Richards haters who are obsessed with him and talk about him more than the Davey Richards lovers.

· Registered
13,468 Posts
Obnoxious whiteknighter fans who defend whatever company they like no matter what

The "steal the pin" finish in three & four ways.

Anything Greg Excellent touches

Sami Callihan's face

Gabe being a whiny bitch & torrent narc

Long-winded promos that in the end go nowhere

· Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,967 Posts
I hate how every remotely good match (sometimes not even that) is a "fantastic" or "excellent" contest in the eyes and words of WWE announcers (namely Cole and Grisham), and how if two wrestlers have a feud that lasts a while the matches they have are automatucally "a series of classic battles" no matter how bad they actually turned out.

You turn.
That's called promotion. Would you prefer to have this as your normal announcing Monday Nights

Cole: 'Well, it was supposed to be the best match of Cena's career but, I think I can speak for everybody here tonight King, this was just boring.'

King: 'Boy, you're not kidding, of all places he and Orton could choose to have such a subpar match, they had to choose tonight.'

Cole: 'Well, Orton tried to carry Cena and his limited repertoire but there's just no way of getting around, with the limited amount of time they had to build this into something special, they just couldn't get around it.'

King: 'It's okay, we'll get to see them next week too, and we'll just call it an excellent match no matter how bad it is again...'

· Banned
6,072 Posts
You must have not have heard Cole during the Kaitlyn vs. Maxine match.

· I'm a Christian
699 Posts
Wrestlers being portrayed as a superhero, you can kick them, you can punch them, you can use your finisher on them, but they will just get right back up and win.

Wrestlers who do the same stupid stuff to fall into a move they have seen done many times before, come at cena and he barges you down, come at him again and he does the same thing, when you stand up you take the same predictable swing as always at him and your ass ends up on the ground getting one of the worst moves ever done to it.

· Hunter of Invisible Game
59,952 Posts
Davey Richards' mannerisms. All of them.

Random strike battles in the first few minutes of the match just because its "kewl".

CHIKARA in general.

John Morrison.

The announcers voice for now defunct promotion UWA: Hardcore, also Joey Styles

That 95% of the time it requires a finisher to end a WWE match and they never do surprise endings like say a worked KO finish, and random move winning a match or ref stoppage.

Kurt Angle post WWE matches. (Almost forgot this one redead)

People in the crowd trying to get themselves over and not watching the show

Green Lantern Fan

· Premium Member
146 Posts
these phrases annoy me

"Greatest Match in the history of <insert show>"

"<wrestling angle"> has shocked the world"

"and I quote"

The anonymous RAW GM

people who hate on wrestlers they've never seen wrestle.

fanboys who think their promotion is the greatest thing since the invention of the internet and all other promotions are worse then having dial up.

· Registered
104 Posts
* Punch exchanges that only gets stopped with a thumb to the eye.

* Ref bumps (even worse multiple ref bumps)

* Overcomplicated match stipulations

* Wrestlers not selling moves and bad acting in general

* USA vs the world angles

* Boring long promos

* Wrestlers lying on the floor tired for about five minutes, jump up and pull off their move fast and then drop to the floor and lie there for a further five minutes

* Unneccessary blading

* The idea that every wrestling match has to be a personal vendetta

* Pointless swerves and wrestlers changing their personalities/rehashing old stereotyped personalities

* Michael Cole

* Wrestler vs celebrity matches

* Reliance on factions

After all this I am questioning why I do like wrestling, lol.

· Custom User Title
18,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Random strike battles in the first few minutes of the match just because its "kewl".
Forgot this one. Jun Akiyama is really guilty of that.

That's called promotion. Would you prefer to have this as your normal announcing Monday Nights

Cole: 'Well, it was supposed to be the best match of Cena's career but, I think I can speak for everybody here tonight King, this was just boring.'

King: 'Boy, you're not kidding, of all places he and Orton could choose to have such a subpar match, they had to choose tonight.'

Cole: 'Well, Orton tried to carry Cena and his limited repertoire but there's just no way of getting around, with the limited amount of time they had to build this into something special, they just couldn't get around it.'

King: 'It's okay, we'll get to see them next week too, and we'll just call it an excellent match no matter how bad it is again...'
No, but literally every good match to them is called a "fantastic battle" near the end. I was watching Superstars and after a commercial of Reks/Hawkins vs. JTG/Barretta one of the announcers said "were back in this terrific tag match" or soe=mething like that. A guy like Jim Ross wouldn't bullshit like that.

· HOPE
18,892 Posts
- Everyone in WWE using a variation of the reverse STO as a finisher. Seriously, get some creativity.

- The DDT being a throwaway move. It's much more awesome than the aforementioned reverse STO.

- When promotions ignore their past. Just because someone has turned face, it doesn't (or shouldn't) mean they don't have problems with other faces they've had problems with in the past. Same with people who turn heel. If they're suddenly looking out for themselves only, why would they buddy up with other heels who they previously hated? They wouldn't.

- Generally speaking, one on one ladder matches. The selling in them is generally awful at best.

- People trying to exit through the door in cage matches, then later in the match choosing to climb over. Uhm, I'm fairly sure the door is faster, and you obviously know you can get out that way since you already tried.

· HOPE
18,892 Posts
One on one ladder matches have a greater focus on the guy who is meant to be selling, thus it's far more noticeable and annoying. In one on one ladder matches, there's either the shitty selling of one guy springing right back up and charging up the ladder faster than their opponent despite just taking a move, or there's the ridiculous "OHMYGOD IT'S TAKING ME FIFTY MINUTES TO SET THE LADDER UP IN THE RIGHT PLACE" spot.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.