Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, I was thinking the same thing as Punk did on commentary, those suicide dives of Daniel Bryan.. He does them every week! And they look suicidal; awesome!
But, how lang will it be until it seriously injures him and he will be forbidden to do it?

I still get the chills from his suicide dive on Chris Jericho at NXT on the table lol.

Anyway; They're awesome, way more awesome than his former teacher Miz :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
I'm conflicted, does he keep botching them and then seeling them anyway or does he do it on purpose to add to the drama of the match?

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
I'm pretty sure Bryan's been doing those suicide dives for years now.

Not to say he can't hurt himself, I just think he won't.

I know they are completely different in contrast but when he does the dropkick from the turnbuckle where he jumps about 2 billion (minor exaggeration :rolleyes:) feet in the air and chooses to LAND ON HIS BACK, I know I'm not worried about those dives.

Oh yeah, calling it right now. Land-on-his-back dropkick from the top of a ladder at TLC. :lmao

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
I'm conflicted, does he keep botching them and then seeling them anyway or does he do it on purpose to add to the drama of the match?
He's been "missing" them to set up his arm/shoulder being injured.
Like against Del Rio , it was the perfect spot to set up the arm bar.
And the one he did the week before when he "hurt" his arm. He just has good enough ring psychology to know that he needs to sell his arm hurt since he came off kind of bad and hit the wall. A lesser wrestler would of just ignored since the spot was just supposed to be a dive. It's things like that that seperates the greats from the crowd

Danielson has been doing those dives for years.
Honestly suicide dives are completely standard spots. I bet every single wrestler ever learned them in training. 100% safe unless the guy catching you completely sucks at his job. It would take a MAJOR botch from both guys for someone to get hurt badly

·
I like the wrestling parts best!
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WutChagoNAdoBrothA
He's been "missing" them to set up his arm/shoulder being injured.
Like against Del Rio , it was the perfect spot to set up the arm bar.

This.
The fact that the OP is concerned means Bryan is doing his job, well.
Yup, this is why Bryan is fantastic at what he does, cause he genuinely fools people with his selling. I loved the match ADR, I would love to see them get 15 minutes.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Daniel Bryan needs to be pushed to the moon. He's proof the fans want exciting wrestling and you can get over with pure talent and minimal mic skills.

·
Registered
511 Posts
It would have been nice for the commentators to focus on the risk-taking, daredevil nature of the move, rather than suggesting it was stupid of Bryan to be risking himself.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I heavily doubt he's legit hurting himself, he's used to stiff in-ring work which is why he tries to make every move as impactful (real looking) as possible, plus he ain't killing the people in the first 5 rows like Davey does everytime he makes one :p.

·
Legend
1,715 Posts
bryan even convinces the ref because in all the wrestling i've seen, never do i see the ref run out the ring to see if the guy who did the suicide dive is okay.
If I were the ref and I saw a wrestler go shoulder first into the barricade from inside the ring, I would go check on the guy as well for precautionary measures.

With that being said, Bryan's suicide dives are a masterpiece.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Bryan always does the same spots in every match. I'm not criticizing, I'm just saying, that's probably what WWE told him to do. He does the suicide dive, the back flip off the turnbuckle, the drop kick from the top, etc. But that's what all WWE superstars do, they all have 4 or 5 moves they do in every match. That's why I never understood why people gave Cena so much heat for "only having 5 moves". It's just standard operating procedure in WWE.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Man....when he legit gets hurt, the iwc is going to cry.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Remember when the jobbers backstage jumped Nexus to save Cena on Monday? Daniel Bryan was out there STILL selling his shoulder. LOL He's a pro.

·
Legend
1,715 Posts
Remember when the jobbers backstage jumped Nexus to save Cena on Monday? Daniel Bryan was out there STILL selling his shoulder. LOL He's a pro.

Your actually right. At 1:53 he is shown still selling the shoulder from the suicide dive. The guy is a champ.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Bryan always does the same spots in every match. I'm not criticizing, I'm just saying, that's probably what WWE told him to do. He does the suicide dive, the back flip off the turnbuckle, the drop kick from the top, etc. But that's what all WWE superstars do, they all have 4 or 5 moves they do in every match. That's why I never understood why people gave Cena so much heat for "only having 5 moves". It's just standard operating procedure in WWE.
I think what the Cena argument is, is that he uses them 5 moves in quick succession. He'll get beat for most of the match, then pull out them moves and win.
But when Bryan uses his sig moves, he tends to spread them out over the match, so you never know when the next one is gonna come, making it more exciting.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
Wow that's pretty clever and his selling is great but I think he sould limit himself with that suicide dive spot, he can't do it every match because it might make him look reckless.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts