Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Their first promo confrontation definitely has promo of the year potential. I say that because of the amount of layers they can put in this story.

I suspect Punk will start it off by saying he respects Mox and is a fan of his. He’ll mention how he went down to developmental to scout him and how he helped Mox get his big break with the shield. He’ll probably say they’re very similar in that they’re both different kind of cats who don’t care about what others think. Wouldn’t surprise me if he mentions how him and Mox weren’t viewed as 1A players like Cena and Reigns, but the crowds cheered them more than them anyways.

Mox will then shut down Punk’s comparison saying he’s everything Punk think he is. He’ll mention how he was there from the start, carried the company during the pandemic, and carried it again during this injury crisis. I suspect Mox will say he's the real best in the world because of that. He's been fighting wars every week while Punk was injured.

Then in the subsequent weeks Punk will bait him by calling him an interim champion and a garbage wrestler. Mox will reply back saying Punk is washed and that he'll run through him.

Surely there's no way AEW can fumble this build up?

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Their first promo confrontation definitely has promo of the year potential. I say that because of the amount of layers they can put in this story.

I suspect Punk will start it off by saying he respects Mox and is a fan of his. He’ll mention how he went down to developmental to scout him and how he helped Mox get his big break with the shield. He’ll probably say they’re very similar in that they’re both different kind of cats who don’t care about what others think. Wouldn’t surprise me if he mentions how him and Mox weren’t viewed as 1A players like Cena and Reigns, but the crowds cheered them more than them anyways.

Mox will then shut down Punk’s comparison saying he’s everything Punk think he is. He’ll mention how he was there from the start, carried the company during the pandemic, and carried it again during this injury crisis. I suspect Mox will say he's the real best in the world because of that. He's been fighting wars every week while Punk was injured.

Then in the subsequent weeks Punk will bait him by calling him an interim champion and a garbage wrestler. Mox will reply back saying Punk is washed and that he'll run through him.

Surely there's no way AEW can fumble this build up?
Everything Punk has touched so far turned to gold, especially these type of segments.

I honestly expect Punk to talk about the garbage stuff and his alcohol addiction. I would be disappointed if they won't. I feel Mox would be up for it.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
They really should have started building 3/4 people to face whoever wins at All Out a couple of weeks ago. And they haven't.

So in the long run I can see the same problems that made Hangman's title run feel underwhelming happening here.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Its a face vs face. I don’t expect the promos to be fire. Its hard to know who you wanna cheer for. This reminds me of the Hangman Page situation. Where the main drama will be based on something outside of this match. In my eyes using history based on another company’s history is lazy. Mox is not Ambrose. So they should avoid any of the WWE stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts