Wrestling Forum banner

This Years Wrestlemania's PPV Buy-Rate?

4179 36
What do you guys think this years Wrestlemania will do in terms of PPV-Buy-Rate? Last year did around 900,000 buys. But for some reason I think this years will reach 1m. What about you guys?

Can they do over 1m with the current predicted Wrestlemania Card? If not who do they need as a guest host to do so?

Discuss

**It seems that The Rock is back! I am sure you guys will have a change in numbers
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,852 Posts
Unless they can get Justin Bieber its gonna be shit
I dunno if the average demographic of people who can actually buy PPV's would really be effected by that.

But either-way whatever the card happens to be in the end I doubt it will outsell last year. I'm definately excited about WrestleMania but as a fan I looked forward to HBK/Undertaker II alot more than the estimated card for this year.

· Registered
1,852 Posts
This is Wrestlemania. It's not about workrate, it's about who sells PPVs. WWE is aimed at casual fans, not the IWC.

I for one can not understand how anyone, whether casual or smark, can prefer Cena/Miz and Orton/Punk (two matches that should headline Summerslam at best) over Cena/Orton.

If these two matches indeed happened, Wrestlemania will absolutely suck(qualitiy and business wise).
I disagree with one thing you said: That Miz/Cena should not happen.

The Miz vs John Cena at WrestleMania would be the deciding factor in weather The Miz becomes that next potential 'guy' that Vince was talking about on the dirtsheets this week or just another youth movement failure like Swagger or Sheamus.

The Undertaker match will be the main draw on the card as it was last year, but to say that The Miz who Vince McMahon has given a huge responsibility and invested so much into to not atleast main event WrestleMania this year is just wrong.

Del Rio is in exactly the same boat, if he loses the WHC match he's got a long ladder to climb before he's considered truly credible again and his Royal Rumble win will mean nothing, as it has for many years.

It's important long term for the business, The Miz must defeat his challenger at WrestleMania.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.