Wrestling Forum banner

This years royal rumble was the worst ever!!!

4186 Views 49 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  SilverX
This years was by far the worst ever, broken down and made to go slow by the nexus, no surprise characters that where interesting, they only made it 40 because of the nexus.

It was totally boring and to top it off a poor winner that no one particularly cared about, I went away from that mach feeling very short changed.

It was missing some big names.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
10,918 Posts
This years was by far the worst ever, broken down and made to go slow by the nexus, no surprise characters that where interesting, they only made it 40 because of the nexus.
EH?

It was totally boring and to top it off a poor winner that no one particularly cared about, I went away from that mach feeling very short changed.
I'm pretty sure you streamed it.

It was missing some big names.
John Cena, Randy Orton, Kevin Nash, Booker T. Jesus Christ kid how many more big names do you want?

Go back to WWE Universe where the other 13 year old kids will rate this post 5 stars because "Yeah man WWE so gay with all dey PG shit!!"

· Banned
4,476 Posts
^ This. GTFO kid.

· Registered
9,377 Posts
I enjoyed this years Royal Rumble but I can understand feeling short changed by the result. If you're not a fan of ADR, then you'll probably have felt bewildered at the choice of giving him the win. If you're a fan, though, you'll see it as a brilliant step towards creating a new star.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
The only problem I had was that there were only 4 matches. But Edge/Ziggler made up for that, IMO.

· Registered
3,240 Posts
I really don't think ADR should have won. He should have had two years to build his character before being thrust into the main event scene. I am not against pushing young guys but this doesn't seem the proper way to do it imo.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
Neither one of the worst nor one of the best. Although I do find it odd how roughly the first half, or maybe to the 25-entrant mark point is going to remain infinitely more rewatchable than the latter stretch, which in retrospect was rather sloppily booked and conceived. For sheer drama, the mini-Raw Rumble the next night was more climactic.

Worst 'Rumbles ever? How about 1995 or 1999? Wow, and those years got mentioned quite a bit in the "Worst Wrestling Years" thread, too.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
I really don't think ADR should have won. He should have had two years to build his character before being thrust into the main event scene. I am not against pushing young guys but this doesn't seem the proper way to do it imo.
Thing is, Vince has been wanting to sign Dos Caras, Jr./Alberto Del Rio for quite a long time now, and like when the James Bond producers finally got the guy they wanted in Pierce Brosnan, he wasn't a spring chicken anymore, so in Del Rio's case WWE doesn't feel like they can just let him marinate for two years. Guy turns 34 in late May. And there are a ton of guys who are still in their 20s or right at 30 in the company who can be pushed in the coming months and years behind him.

I understand your point, though. But Dos Caras is awesome so I'm cool with this push.

· BLUE IS BACK
15,758 Posts
I loved this years rumble, Booker T coming back was fucking amazing! I marked for a long time. Alberto del rio deserves it, hes older than all the other new guys, so they couldn't wait too long on pushing him.

· WWWYKI
1,102 Posts
It was a good rumble, show cased the Nexus as a very strong unit. We got the big names squaring off, with a couple of surprises...AND we got a new main eventer in the making of Alberto Del Rio. Not the best rumble, but it was a hell of alot better than what the opening poster is saying.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
I thought it was a great Royal Rumble. Unfortunatly, just like last year, I think Royal Rumble match is the peak of the WWE cause mostly everything else sucks after it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.