Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AS some of you may or may not know dont really like promos,segments etc.

How ever since i read the spoilers and noticed that Dolph was only going to do the cutting edge and he is the only reason i see smack down , i decided to watch.

In my opinion it was beyond entertaining , Dolph's stick work was very good, ( it just worked) . And it was also funny as shit , when Edge said sometihng about sailing on Vickie's panties, and vickie replied : you cant do that anymore . i so EL-OH-EL'ED .

Another prt that was hilarious to me was when they showed the mke out scene with Kitlin, Dolph's face when he gets caught i was already ROFL-ing .

i liked when Dolph lso attacked Edge, i was expeting him to do little more chit chat, but no he just punched him, so it cought me of guard nd the zig zag on the steps was great.

What are your opinions on this week's cutting edge ?

·
Banned
713 Posts
Well most noticable was dolph looked like a legitimate main eventer, is he over enough to get there, and are his mic skills there? That i will have to see.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
^ I said this in a thread yesterday but it bears repeating. Dolph is in the same position right now as Jericho in 2000, a guy who can be put in main-event matches but not someone who can carry the main title. Before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm not saying Dolph is at 2000 Jericho's level, instead I'm saying that he's in the same position based on the relative strengths of the main-event scenes then and now.

Jericho was breaking into a main-event consisting of Austin, Rock, Taker, Triple H, Big Show and soon, Kurt Angle. Dolph is breaking in against Edge, Rey, Kane and Big Show, all veterans who are slowing down due to age and injuries. On a releative scale they compare well.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Best part of Smackdown by far for me, I'm loving Dolph's work of late and I am genuinely excited to see this feud come into fruition.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Only problem was that it was far too centred around Ege/Vickie, even though thay was entertaining Dolph should've been given a much bigger chance imo.

But Dolph's parts were good, there weren't many faults and he certainly looks like a legitimate main eventer.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only problem was that it was far too centred around Ege/Vickie, even though thay was entertaining Dolph should've been given a much bigger chance imo.

But Dolph's parts were good, there weren't many faults and he certainly looks like a legitimate main eventer.
Ziggler is the 3rd wheel on this, so i dont think he was suppose to get tht much time i think wwe is just doing this real slow with him, maybe with a little more time ziggler will get more time cutting promos . but my evluation here is focused on the segment it self, not just ziggles, all 3 worked well in their respective roles ^^

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Ziggler is the 3rd wheel on this, so i dont think he was suppose to get tht much time i think wwe is just doing this real slow with him, maybe with a little more time ziggler will get more time cutting promos . but my evluation here is focused on the segment it self, not just ziggles, all 3 worked well in their respective roles ^^
Ziggler being the 3rd wheel could actually be beneficial in the long run, by focusing on Edge/Vickie rather than Edge/Dolph they take away the long feud which would be damaging to him right now. I say that because I really don't see him winning a world title until at least the second half of 2011, a long feud in which he would have to keep losing would set him back in much the same way as the Mysterio feud did in 2009.

The way it appears to be going right now, Dolph will lose, hopefully in a fairly close contest and possibly due to Vickie fucking up and costing him the match. That gives him a reason not to continue chasing the title for the time being and instead enter into a stabilising feud which will keep him busy until around SummerSlam when he can get back in the hunt.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I agree the segment was funny, but it needed to focus more on the fact that they were facing each other in two weeks.

Also, -Halo-, you really need to learn how to use spell check, and vowels.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I agree the segment was funny, but it needed to focus more on the fact that they were facing each other in two weeks.

Also, -Halo-, you really need to learn how to use spell check, and vowels.
Dude cut me some slack, my keybord is fucked up , specially when it comes to typing an A .
Besides u understood wht i wrote .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts