Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
16,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vince has really hurt it, War Raiders barely had the titles and they was called up, Heavy Machinery was barely getting some momentum and they was called up. Now Street Profits just win the titles and now they're apparently called up and will likely drop the belts soon.

I mean who do we got in this tag division? UE, Burch and Lorcan, Forgotten Sons, if Street Profits leave thats all we got left. They're gonna have to start churning out some new teams and quick. They're just gonna have to pluck some teams from the NXT live events and try and get this tag division some depth.

·
Registered
17,493 Posts
They've got a fair few teams on the live shows that could do with some NXT screen time. Doubt Street Profits are gone anyway. Breezango will probably be around in NXT for a bit.

There's Rinku Singh and Saurav Gurjar, 3.0, Cezar Bononi and whatever name they gave Adrian Jaoude.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
WWE's singles mentality has hit critical mass on more then one occasion

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yep, it sure is thin. The Strauss team (The Outliers) has probably the biggest potential from the house show tag teams. They are getting good heat already.

I don't think the Profits are going anywhere in the short term. That in-ring promo thing they did with the Forgotten Sons was really poor from both teams and that will need to improve before going any place.

Jaoude and Bononi have been working as singles lately. Don't know if that is a permanent arrangement.

They need face teams. Carrillo and Mendoza would boost things. They have a lot of new guys in the singles division that could be used

·
Registered
13 Posts
With this one I feel the same way I feel about the Raw and SmackDown situation that if they unified NXT and NXT UK or NXT Bangladesh or NXT Jupiter, they would have a much more solid product and it would engage much more viewers to watch each of the Brand's programming.

·
Angry at refs
2,988 Posts
Honestly, the way the main roster uses tag teams, all of them are better off going to NXT or something. Have a huge division there.

·
Banned
16,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With this one I feel the same way I feel about the Raw and SmackDown situation that if they unified NXT and NXT UK or NXT Bangladesh or NXT Jupiter, they would have a much more solid product and it would engage much more viewers to watch each of the Brand's programming.
Yeah i think combining the NXT and NXT UK tag divisions would be the right move, especially since NXT UK's tag division is just as thin as well, i think it just consists of Grizzled Young Veterans, Mustache Mountain and Wild Boar and Primate lol.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,034 Posts
raw in particular has an embarrassing tag division. when the vikings are one of your best teams you're doing something wrong.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,700 Posts
They can't even get 90% of their talent regular tv time, combining with UK would create more problems than it solves, mainly that the UK men are absolute trash that nobody in the US wants to watch aside from Dunne.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,034 Posts
They can't even get 90% of their talent regular tv time, combining with UK would create more problems than it solves, mainly that the UK men are absolute trash that nobody in the US wants to watch aside from Dunne.
which is a problem seeing as raw is 3 hours. they'd rather do 30-40 minutes per episode of cringe seth and becky stuff and r-truth skits than have a few good matches with the smaller guys.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's not thin. More underutilized. They got teams they can plug in they just haven't
This is actually a good point. All we keep seeing are The New Day, yet it'd be such a breath of fresh air to see teams like the Viking Raiders or the Street Profits, both of whom have good gimmicks.

·
Registered
604 Posts
They was ?

The Vikings should have stayed in NXT for a few more months indeed. I'd push Riddick and Tino when the latter comes back
Riddy is in a new team with Dan Matha, managed by Robert Strauss, called the Outliers. They are getting good heat at house shows and would be interesting to see what they can do on tv

Haven't heard from Tino for some time and that injury was a long time ago

·
Registered
17,493 Posts
Yeah i think combining the NXT and NXT UK tag divisions would be the right move, especially since NXT UK's tag division is just as thin as well, i think it just consists of Grizzled Young Veterans, Mustache Mountain and Wild Boar and Primate lol.
and Imperium, Webster/Andrews, Gallus.

Riddy is in a new team with Dan Matha, managed by Robert Strauss, called the Outliers. They are getting good heat at house shows and would be interesting to see what they can do on tv

Haven't heard from Tino for some time and that injury was a long time ago
Last I heard they were looking for a possible commentary role for Tino.

·
Registered
604 Posts
What happened to the Sabbotelli Moss team? I liked that duo.
Moss tore an achilles, and Sabbatelli tore a muscle in his chest. Both were pretty major injuries. Moss came back, some time earlier this year I think, as a singles guy and now in a new tag team. Tino is still not active. He has been doing a few commentary roles though. Given his age, it's not really clear if he will return as a wrestler

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,976 Posts
Been thin for awhile now. Women's division has been booked as a disaster for about a year now. Men's division is hurting and stale, too. I hope they fix it and elevate some new tag teams, women, and men starting soon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts