Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly sure what about, but it does say a lot that there were no less than 4 World champions in the ring at the same time on RAW and Vickie Guerrero got more heat than ALL of them put together. Either Vickie is just the greatest entertainer in the world today or something is very very wrong with that picture.

Now I think Vickie is great but come on- in the greatest wrestling organisation on the planet she should not, on principle, be working a crowd better than 4 of their world champions put together. Says a lot about WWE's ability to pick and choose their champions these days IMO.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
When Del Rio, Ziggler and Rhodes where all complaining in the ring, I was thinking why are 3 Champions complaining, it hardly screams victim

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
she is a heat magnet
her looks her voice
the excuse me line
its just perfect
cody gets good heat too
nobody wants to boo christian
and the rest well yeah nobody gives a single fuck about them

·
Registered
372 Posts
Let me break it down:

everybody still likes Christian (the fake heat on Smackdown isn't fooling anyone)
Cody Rhodes is doing a great job with his character

Alberto Del Rio = no ricardo, nobody cares
Dolph ziggler & Jack Swagger: there's a reason why they are with Vicki, most people don't even remember these 2 were WHC at one point
David Otunga: nobody gives a shit about him, BUT he's doing a great job with his lawyer gimmick atm

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was strange how even Christian and Cody didn't draw that much heat- maybe it was just that crowd but seeing Ziggler, Swagger and Del Rio draw virtually no heat at all made me think 'wow- a prime example of how badly WWE has booked it's world champions in recent history'. It really doesn't look good.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Vickie "God" Guerrero is pure awesomeness.

I completely lost interest in the tag match after she got thrown out.

·
Registered
616 Posts
anytime you put Christian live his true heat is tested. The man can't be booed. He sometimes gets cheered lol

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Most fans at shows are too lazy and/or obsessed with their favorite faces to boo most of the time. Cena gets more heat than most of the heels. Last night was particularly bad. That crowd couldn't even get a loud "Let's Go Cena/Cena Sucks" chant going. The crowd was awful. Still, Vickie is definitely the most over heel in the company and has been for years.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,150 Posts
I still say they should have had Mason Ryan carry Vickie out during that tag match. Seemed like a missed opportunity to get a guy a nice pop.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
I was sitting there all proud of Cody and Dolph, Vickie steps up and blows them out of the fucking water. How do you get legit hate from saying "excuse me" (saying not screaming.)
Unlike most heels she legit had to pause/raise her voice because of the crowd. People actually stood up. What the fuck.
he does not cheat and there is nothing about him heelish to be honest
Nothing heelish about Christian? Have you been watching Christian?

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
I was sitting there all proud of Cody and Dolph, Vickie steps up and blows them out of the fucking water. How do you get legit hate from saying "excuse me" (saying not screaming.)
Unlike most heels she legit had to pause/raise her voice because of the crowd. People actually stood up. What the fuck.

Nothing heelish about Christian? Have you been watching Christian?
the only heat he gets is cheap heat
i cant think of anything else heelish now maybe because i am biased but i cant really think of anything

and about vickie i just love it every time she pauses because of the crowd
i think if slater keeps this look of his he is gonna be really really hated

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Because nobody cares, has cared, or ever will really care about Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, or Jack Swagger. All three men have been given world title reigns despite the fact that none of them are over with the crowd. Alberto's heat comes from Ricardo Rodreiguiz, while the other two get their heat from Vickie Guerrero.

As for Christian, well the casual fans have never really accepted his heel turn in the first place. The casuals like Christian, but they love Orton.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Because the heels have a kayfabe point? The crowd is not going to boo them when they have a legitimate argument that is further backed up by the faciest faces in the company Jerry Lawler and JR agreeing with them. Anyone in the WWE who expected heat on anyone but Vickie needs to be fired for incompetence.

ADR: Got the HIAC raised just long enough to let in the Miz and R Truth who beat him senseless with pipes or whatever they were holding.
Christian: Has had his matches booked like a face moreso than a heel. Has had a long streak of getting screwed by Teddy Long/HHH kayfabe booking.
Otunga/Swagger/Ziggler: Casual fans just do NOT.GIVE.A.FUCK about these guys.

Vickie is perma boo. It's part of her gimmick and at this point is just a pavlovian response from audiences everywhere. People will boo her more then virtually anyone short of the WCW glory days nWo.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
When Del Rio, Ziggler and Rhodes where all complaining in the ring, I was thinking why are 3 Champions complaining, it hardly screams victim
This was my train of thought exactly. I didn't buy it.

As for Vicki, she earns every dime she makes. She is gold with what she can do.

·
Ex nihilo
9,317 Posts
It's that "excuse me" line, the crowds have gotten so used to booing it on cue. It's the same thing as Cole's "And I quote"

Most crowds are sheep and everyone knows to boo Vickie when she says that line

1 - 20 of 42 Posts