Wrestling Forum banner

This quote from Jerichos new book sums up Christian in WWE:

5783 Views 65 Replies 44 Participants Last post by  Rah
Pretty much sums it up I'd say.
'Al Snow once told me that while we entertained millions of people weekly, there was only one person we had to impress and that was Vince himself. Even if the whole world loves you, if Vince doesnt you'll never truly make it in this company'
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Banned
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the point being made is, even if everybody loved him, he still wouldnt be given the push.

Im well aware he is never going to be a main eventer, hence this thread and why the quote can be used with Christian.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
I think the point being made is, even if everybody loved him, he still wouldnt be given the push.

Im well aware he is never going to be a main eventer, hence this thread and why the quote can be used with Christian.
Which is BS, if Christian was super over he would be World champ. At the end of the day, Vince McMahon cares about money and if Christian was getting huge pops and selling a shit load amount of merchandise, he would be a maineventer.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Which is BS, if Christian was super over he would be World champ. At the end of the day, Vince McMahon cares about money and if Christian was getting huge pops and selling a shit load amount of merchandise, he would be a maineventer.
Mr. McMahon doesn't only care about money, but also about loyality, obedience, backstage politics and what his most beloved stars think. If a superstar isn't loved backstage by the men who can whisper into the king ears or seems to be a freerider (betrayer who doesn't like Vince's ideas or who quit the company during a while in the past), this star won't be over in his heart. This fall from grace means that the said star can be blocked during a push or even worse become a jobber or a future endeavored.

Yep it's bad and stupid, but he is the boss.

· Registered
653 Posts

This^

If you're over enough, you'll get a main event push. Just look at Jeff Hardy, WWE tried so hard to keep him out of the main event scene but eventually it got to the point to where it would have been bad business to keep the title off him.

· Mamba Mentality
25,255 Posts
So Christian isnt loved backstage? He strikes me a very like-able person.

Ive never heard someone speak ill of him.
I think Christian is respected by his peers and of course loved by his fans it's just the idea is McMahon isn't in love enough with Christian's act to have him in the main programs on RAW or Smackdown.

And on this topic of being over and selling merchandise, well, you usually have to be placed in meaningful programs to do those things well. How is Christian going to sell thousands of t-shirts in the main event of shows like ECW and Superstars?

At this point I hope Christian at least gets a reign like Benoit or Eddie in '04.

Btw, I know Christian would love to have one reign as World Champion but I don't think he would heartbroken if he never won "The Big One". I think he's content with his career (which has been a great one so far) but his fans know he deserves it.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
So Christian isnt loved backstage? He strikes me a very like-able person.

Ive never heard someone speak ill of him.
I quote myself to explain better :

Mr. McMahon doesn't only care about money, but also about loyality, obedience, backstage politics and what his most beloved stars think. If a superstar isn't loved backstage by the men who can whisper into the king ears or seems to be a freerider (betrayer who doesn't like Vince's ideas or who quit the company during a while in the past), this star won't be over in his heart. This fall from grace means that the said star can be blocked during a push or even worse become a jobber or a future endeavored.

Christian is loved by his peers yes, but not by the right ones. Imagine backstage politics like a pack of wolves when a wrestler is charismatic enough to overshadow a well-established current superstar listened by Vince, some problems and bad booking can happen. Everything is silent and secretive even for an insider.

You also must mainly remember that Christian left the company for TNA before to come back which for Vince is a (double) betraying and even worse perhaps because Christian was a (potential) goldmine. It's also said that Christian was often talkative about being in his position and said openly that he didn't like many Vince's personnal projects and booking ideas.

Welcome in pro-wrestling politics and feudal system. Hail to the king :(

· Banned
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is the entire point,

Did you watch in 2005? He WAS super over, and I mean REALLY over, on the scale that as a heel he was getting huge face reactions.

So explain to me how the quote is BS, when he was super over, loved by the fans, and was never given the oppurtunity he should have been given?

Miz
Swagger
Del Rio
Khali

None were super over or sold lots of merch, but all have been given huge pushes or world championships, so your theory just doesnt add up.

Vince quite clearly has issues with Christian, 05 basically proves that. What batista and others have said about Christian proves that.

Vince is the only one who isnt convinced, hence the quote!

Jeez.

· Banned
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This^

If you're over enough, you'll get a main event push. Just look at Jeff Hardy, WWE tried so hard to keep him out of the main event scene but eventually it got to the point to where it would have been bad business to keep the title off him.
And again, 2005 with Christian proved this isnt the case.

For him, at least.

· Registered
51 Posts

I disagree. All that Vince cares about is business and making money. As an example, he took back Hulk Hogan after the steroid scandal and also him being a major part of the WCW organisation that nearly put Vince out of business. Another example would be Eric Bischoff in the WWE/F for a year or two.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
LMAO at the idiots playing their revitionist history game and PRETENDING that Christian has never been over enough to get a world title push. Truly sickening.

It's true, though. The fans love him and he's respected by all the wrestlers. Jericho's pro Christian, Edge is pro Christian, Batista is pro Christian, and on and on, but because Vince McMahon himself is as stubborn as a mule, he's never going to be a success.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.