Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is just fucking awesome. Two bad mother fuckers who desperately want to hurt each other if only the heels and the forces of the universe would stop getting in their way.

This is what faces can be WWE. They don't have to be white meat squares. They can be badasses and anti-heroes and they can want to do grievous harm to another human being.

Mox giving Pac the finger and DDTing him was the most Stone Cold "genuinely cool" vibe I've gotten out of wrestling in a whhhhhhhhile. It really really REALLY makes Seth look lame as fuck by contrast.

·
Angry at refs
2,838 Posts
Isn't Moxley a heel?
Mostly heel.

Mox and PAC were tagging together and during the match PAC took away Moxley's barbwire baseball bat that he was gonna use on Omega, PAC didn't wanna get DQ'd cause 'wins/losses matter'. Moxley obviously hated that so he basically said 'fuck you then'.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Mostly heel.

Mox and PAC were tagging together and during the match PAC took away Moxley's barbwire baseball bat that he was gonna use on Omega, PAC didn't wanna get DQ'd cause 'wins/losses matter'. Moxley obviously hated that so he basically said 'fuck you then'.
Yeah I saw that, I just found it weird that the OP would say "that's how you book faces" when Moxley isn't, in fact, a face.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm liking it a lot but Moxley is absolutely carrying it. He feels like the star, whereas Omega is the guy just working with the star. Still waiting to see 'it' from Kenny. I want to see what the New Japan hype was all about.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't Moxley a heel?
I mean kind of a heel kind of a tweener. He refused to pick apart Omega when he was delivered to his feet by Pac. So he's a violent asshole, but he's not THAT much of a violent asshole. Like Wolverine. He's our" bad guy.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I saw that, I just found it weird that the OP would say "that's how you book faces" when Moxley isn't, in fact, a face.
He kind of totally is though. He's a bit unhinged and violent, but he's got his sense of fairness and honour. He's not a scum backstabber like Pac.

He's Stone Cold Steve Austin, who was in fact a violent prick who was the good guy. Moxley's a Han Solo version of that, which is to say he's not the star of the show like Austin was. But he is kind of playing it a rogue with a heart of gold.

·
Team AEW
2,919 Posts
Agreed. Feud is awesome, the only thing I desperately want is a LIVE unscripted promo exchange between the two. That'll be gold TV.

Moxley is NOT a heel. People need to think outside of WWE bubble for a bit. He's a badass. Isn't that what you all always wanted? Stone Cold would've done similar thing. Wasn't Stone Cold like the top BABYFACE? AEW just takes different approach for babyfaces, and that's just how it is. Why is he a heel all of a sudden? LMAO, he isn't getting booed. Must've been a shit heel.

·
Salt of the Earth
16,500 Posts
It's excellent.

I like how there are still intertwining feuds all over the shop.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Mox is no heel. He's a tweener verging on face. Just cos he teamed with PAC doesn't make him a heel, considering that he turned on him in the end LOL.

I am loving what they're doing with this so far, Mox looks like a total badass, that moment with the double finger and then the Paradigm Shift/Death Rider was so cool, it made me laugh out loud and go 'hell yeah!' at the same time.

Very, very intrigued to see Mox vs PAC next week. I'm also hanging out for an in-ring promo from Mox too.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Nah I would say he is a face if anything
How so? He attacked Omega for no reason in more than one occasion, and every time it was when Omega was already busy with a match/beaten after a match.

I mean, I wouldn't say he's your typical monster heel, but doesn't look like a face either, especially considering Omega is supposed to be the face.

He kind of totally is though. He's a bit unhinged and violent, but he's got his sense of fairness and honour. He's not a scum backstabber like Pac.

He's Stone Cold Steve Austin, who was in fact a violent prick who was the good guy. Moxley's a Han Solo version of that, which is to say he's not the star of the show like Austin was. But he is kind of playing it a rogue with a heart of gold.
Yeah but Austin established himself as a face because he was going against the autority, not by beating up unsuspecting faces.

And besides, heel Moxley makes sense. You have Cody, Omega and Page as your main event faces, Pac, Jericho and Moxley as your main event heels. Perfectly balanced.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,366 Posts
Nah I would say he is a face if anything
How so? He attacked Omega for no reason in more than one occasion, and every time it was when Omega was already busy with a match/beaten after a match.

I mean, I wouldn't say he's your typical monster heel, but doesn't look like a face either, especially considering Omega is supposed to be the face.

Yeah but Austin established himself as a face because he was going against the autority, not by beating up unsuspecting faces.

And besides, heel Moxley makes sense. You have Cody, Omega and Page as your main event faces, Pac, Jericho and Moxley as your main event heels. Perfectly balanced.
I mean he also attacked jericho, refused to attack him after pac attacked him. Also omega mocked him for being injured. I would say both are faces but both act a little heelish

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Agreed. Feud is awesome, the only thing I desperately want is a LIVE unscripted promo exchange between the two. That'll be gold TV.

Moxley is NOT a heel. People need to think outside of WWE bubble for a bit. He's a badass. Isn't that what you all always wanted? Stone Cold would've done similar thing. Wasn't Stone Cold like the top BABYFACE? AEW just takes different approach for babyfaces, and that's just how it is. Why is he a heel all of a sudden? LMAO, he isn't getting booed. Must've been a shit heel.
If people want to see things in such binary terms, Pac technically is the victim here! He wanted to eject the weapons to save them from a DQ because Pac cares about his win/loss record! It's not out of honor or any heroic concern for Omegas well being, but it was

1) Completely in character for Pac, who's been introduced as having a chip on his shoulder and not wanting to lose matches.
2) Demonstrates the difference between Mox and Pac, gives Pac a valid issue to segway into a match between the two next week.
3)Makes Moxley even more of the "cool guy badass who likes violence" which is his character.

There's a lot of subtley going on with the character work in AEW and I LOVE it. I'm rewarded for paying attention to the little things every week. I'm not treated like a brain injured moron who won't notice random heel/face turns, and heels and faces are allowed to have degrees and shades of grey and layers to them.

Marco Stunt is not the same type of face as Moxley who is not the same type of face as Cody etc. etc. etc.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Mostly heel.

I've been critical of AEW but I loved that. PAC's one of the few talents I'm invested in right now.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I mean he also attacked jericho, refused to attack him after pac attacked him. Also omega mocked him for being injured. I would say both are faces but both act a little heelish
That is true, but I don't know, I can't see him as a face right now. Even considering his attack on Jericho and his refusal of attacking Omega after he had been already attacked by PAC, he seems to me more of "I can handle my own shit myself" unhinged heel than a face.

If anything, and this is something I particularly appreciate, this feud is showing face Omega with heelish tendencies, and heel Moxley with faceish qualities. You rarely see this nowadays.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,366 Posts
That is true, but I don't know, I can't see him as a face right now. Even considering his attack on Jericho and his refusal of attacking Omega after he had been already attacked by PAC, he seems to me more of "I can handle my own shit myself" unhinged heel than a face.

If anything, and this is something I particularly appreciate, this feud is showing face Omega with heelish tendencies, and heel Moxley with faceish qualities. You rarely see this nowadays.
Yeah it is one thing I love about aew is these feel like real 3d characters. Even mjf, he is a wanker but he will protect his friend cody (until he is no longer useful)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Right. So the balance you're talking about is still there with Omega and Mox sort of teasing out those qualities.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts